1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

FFT based MMORPG, make it happen square enix!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    I'm not really sure why so many people bag on FFTA, I'm guessing they didn't like the laws or the race-specific jobs. I thought the laws were a neat way to freshen things up, the JP system works well (I'm an RPG hoarder so it worked great for me!), and the setting was nice. Was it as good as FFT? No, but that's an impossibly high mark to reach honestly.

Also I may be misremembering but I don't think summons could target characters, only areas. But yeah, kamikaze tactics worked great, and so did casting while fleeing. Casters were soft but it wasn't a big problem.
    I don't bag on the game itself (I thought some parts, like the lawless "death zones" were a pretty groovy touch, and Llednar was pretty pro); I bag on the fact that it wasn't Tactics 2. It wasn't another mature, bloody tale that involved heavy backstabbing and a continuation of the Tactics Ogre/FFT-style story where victories always come at a pretty heavy price.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I don't bag on the game itself (I thought some parts, like the lawless "death zones" were a pretty groovy touch, and Llednar was pretty pro); I bag on the fact that it wasn't Tactics 2. It wasn't another mature, bloody tale that involved heavy backstabbing and a continuation of the Tactics Ogre/FFT-style story where victories always come at a pretty heavy price.
    Well, if you squint your eyes you can make it a backstabbing of sorts, if you subscribe to the theory that Marche is the villain.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Inorite? Mewt and Ritz had a grand ol' time in there; Marche could have imagined himself to be some harem master constantly playing with titties in the club, but he's all "naw, lemmie get back to the real world where my father's a fucking failure and mom's dead because its the right thing to do!" bullshitville.

Fuck that. I'd have been banging every piece of Viera tail I could get my hands on.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I guess you could go through most of the game button mashing but there are a lot fights where that will wreck your shit (last boss and optional stuff included), though I suppose due to RPG mechanics you can get by with stuff.

But if you think LR is bad then I would skip XV altogether unless there happens to be some weird RPG mode that these action games like to have where you can mash buttons and get shit done. But I do not foresee you liking it even though I bet it will have it like Type-0.

Do you like playing Type-0? That'd be closer to XV than LR.
    I will no doubt give XV a try, maybe I can learn to like action type battle systems since it appears to be the future. I haven't played Type 0, still slacking on buying the next gen consoles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6