BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Best craft to take to 110?

Im currently a 106 woodworker, and have been frustrated for the past year or so with the fact that SE has basically shrugged their shoulders and refused to give us any profitable synths.

Chatoyant staff rarely ever sells and takes a long ass time to put together, with the new expansion ninja tools, bolts, and arrows are all easy to get from NPC so there goes that money, leaving us with what? Converting exalted logs into lumber? No thanks.

Fuck it, I decided to level something else. That day I went 1/1 on shaper's shawl and decided it was a sign from the MMO gods I made the right choice.

What craft has the best longevity right now? Im thinking smithing, as blurred weapons look like they'll be some good shit for a long time, and HQing even one of them will probably make you a LOT of cash.

From eyeballing it, it looks like cooking, smithing, and goldsmithing are my best options. I am capped fishing with ebisu and etc, so I can go through with cooking very easy, but I think Id rather roll with a more 'high roller' craft that just needs to T1 HQ once and make a fortune. GSM has the new rings I see, smithing has blurred weapons.

Thoughts? I have essentially all my other crafts already at 55~70, so I have sub crafts done.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The gold rings are synergy so you won't be making any money off them unless you have 80 synergy too and a lot of luck. I donno about blurred weapons I haven't bothered to check if anyone buys them or not and very few have gone on the AH at all on my server. Cooking can make decent gil since it's so cheap to level and everyone uses food. BST will also shell out gil for HQ jugs but tend to only buy singles. I only leveled it so I wouldn't have to buy food/jugs off the AH though, not to make gil. Without relevant abjuration gear no one is really paying millions of gil for HQ synths anymore. Smithing is probably your best bet if you want to roll the dice and hope for a big payout.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Given the idea of SE making things more easy mode not sure any would have longevity or at least nothing we can reliably predict until November. Cooking would be most likely to stay reliable money but on the other hand I wouldn't put it past SE to put more of those basics on npcs

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Everyone and their mom has cooking, which leads to an undercutting war on certain synths.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    The gold rings are synergy so you won't be making any money off them unless you have 80 synergy too and a lot of luck. I donno about blurred weapons I haven't bothered to check if anyone buys them or not and very few have gone on the AH at all on my server. Cooking can make decent gil since it's so cheap to level and everyone uses food. BST will also shell out gil for HQ jugs but tend to only buy singles. I only leveled it so I wouldn't have to buy food/jugs off the AH though, not to make gil. Without relevant abjuration gear no one is really paying millions of gil for HQ synths anymore. Smithing is probably your best bet if you want to roll the dice and hope for a big payout.
    I have capped synergy, and am pretty good at it, but still leaning towards smithing after reading replies.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Our gold crafter pulls in a 50+% hq rate on the 99 rings. Some exceptions of course, dark based one he hates so much and can almost never hq, he has given up on them. but fire/ice/thunder he seems to get like I said 50+% hq rate. Basically he has does them in 3s and gets 1-2hq each time. Think he said over months and months of crafting its happened twice that he failed to get at least 1hq out of the 3.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Has anyone had any luck skilling up with crafts 10 under your cap? I wanna cap a few of my remaining crafts to 110, but not at 3m a synth.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've done it. With +skill gear, rings, ionis, advanced support and kitron break rate isn't that bad

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you wait until SE does another crafting event, the skillup rate is very reasonable. Taking Woodworking from 108-110 I had a solid 40-50% skillup rate with the event, Ionis, and all the other skillup stuff except Shawl.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Haborym View Post
    Has anyone had any luck skilling up with crafts 10 under your cap? I wanna cap a few of my remaining crafts to 110, but not at 3m a synth.
    You mean getting skill from crafts you're already capped on but less than 10 levels over? If so yeah, the skill up rate seems the same as the normal rate so far as I can tell. I don't have enough synths logged to tell one way or the other yet though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Well, that's pretty sweet. I'll have to cap out what's left when the next event comes across.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think for now Ive decided Im gonna wait til August.

Based on the previous updates, Im gonna hedge my bets on SE removing levelling restrictions on crafting, and letting us do whatever we want.

Considering theyre adding NPCs that just sell everything, I wouldnt be surprised.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Haborym View Post
    Yeah, I'm skilling up to 110 Leathercraft using a Lv. 101 capped synth. The occasional HQ helps too. It's still pricy though. For 12 synth attempts, I blow 370k. NQ results NPC for 5k, HQ result last sold at AH for 900k but sell very slowly. I may undercut it down to 500k and hope for some quicker sales. But still even at 500k it's profit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    Yeah, I'm skilling up to 110 Leathercraft using a Lv. 101 capped synth. The occasional HQ helps too. It's still pricy though. For 12 synth attempts, I blow 370k. NQ results NPC for 5k, HQ result last sold at AH for 900k but sell very slowly. I may undercut it down to 500k and hope for some quicker sales. But still even at 500k it's profit.
    370k for 12 synths is kind of cheap for a lot crafts. At least it isn't that much per lol. Hmmm aptitude is 100 and looks pretty cheap and easy to farm for

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Blurred weapons sell so ridiculously slowly as NQs, you'd probably never sell all the ones you make if going for an HQ. You'd probably lose gil on average making an HQ unless you find someone that will pay 300m or something.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

For a few jobs, Blurred NQs are better than HQs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Also depends on server population. Quetz had a lot of inflation before, so there are a lot of loaded people on the server and I see blurred shields and daggers selling pretty fast on the AH.

Personally I wonder why no one is making blurred harps.

Also: No love for geos, eh? Bard gets blurred harp, but no blurred bell for geo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well there are no craftable bells at all to begin with....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Best craft to take to 110?

I've considered making blurred harps but I can count the number of people I've seen on BRD last week on one hand. I've sold at least one of almost every weapon, but I tend to stick to selling daggers / katana / GKT since friend is spamming shields for +1. Mine sell consistently as long as I spread them out across different weapons. People want them for lockstyle, not to use.

Counting my sales + all the sales in my group I think our 110 + all stuff smither is about 1/24 on HQ :/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Spending millions of gil for lockstyle of a weapon model that you can farm for basically free seems kind of silly to me.

The same model weapons at 75 are way easier to get ones hands on imo.

Bluured weapons+1 are best offhand DPS in game afaik, and NQs are pretty damn close to best in slot for some jobs too.