Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Nah, I feel when they pull BS like FFVIII where you can't go back and explore past areas for new quests to be unfinished, FFVII out of all the PS1 titles felt the most complete to me.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

You must be thinking of Xenogears.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

FFVII was a very in*complete game, the problem was writers kept changing portions of the story to the very end. You can swap in Sephiroth and Aeris into your party for certain cutscenes and they'd have unique lines.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Wha?
    FFVII is probably the buggiest game in the main series, not to mention the huge amount of rushed ideas and useless items you can collect. No other game in the series even comes close to this as they're usually quite polished experiences.
    Just look at Cait Sith or Vincent, proof enough that they weren't properly done with the game. They also drop Aerith's final weapon out of nowhere and her final limit sidequest is the most nonsensical one in the entire game.
    Great game but not perfect.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hi2U 1/35 Soldier, tissue, Super Sweeper and Masamune blade.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    FFVII is probably the buggiest game in the main series, not to mention the huge amount of rushed ideas and useless items you can collect. No other game in the series even comes close to this as they're usually quite polished experiences.
    Just look at Cait Sith or Vincent, proof enough that they weren't properly done with the game. They also drop Aerith's final weapon out of nowhere and her final limit sidequest is the most nonsensical one in the entire game.
    Great game but not perfect.
    i definitely agree with all of the criticisms of VII raised here, buuut it's a bit of a stretch to call it the worst offender with respect to unrealized ideas in the immediate wake of XV, lol.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Here, watch a video rather read an article yourself where I dramatically draw out how long it needs to take to go through it and then throw some opinion at you.

I'm also not a fan of people posting the time of the video in the title, I can look and see for myself the duration :/ stupid fad.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

7 definitely had some bugs and a few useless items, but it was a massive fucking game with a million things to do, decently fleshed out stories for every character (even optional ones), a good amount of end game bosses, and mini games that were themselves as good as actual playstation games released at the time (fuciing <3 snowboarding lol).

The game was not perfect. Sometimes its overhyped. But more often than not hipsters like to act like it was a piece of shit and really not very good at all. And thats some bullshit lol.

Not to mention it has one of the best and most fun customization systems in a FF game. Materia is the shit and they've not even come close to reaching that level of awesome.

BG Level

I know I'm in the minority, and I've probably mentioned this before, but I had a lot more fun with FF8's junction system than I did with materia. There's just something so absurdly hilarious about junctioning 100 death spells to your weapon.

Junction was absurd but certainly interesting, my only real criticism of it was the magic stocking.

I think the biggest problem with FF7/FF8's customization was that, as extensive as they were, neither game was really hard enough to make using them effectively necessary.

It kept the games more accessible while still giving them some mechanical depth but as neat as it was to be able to junction 100 Deaths and all, it was never really needed.

The mere presence of the ultimate weapons in 7 pretty much broke the game and made most materia completely worthless since your regular attacks were doing 9999 anyway, so just double/4x-cut and forget.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I must be in the minority then, because I feel like so much was rushed with 7 to get the drop on Nintendo for forcing Square to switch the series to Sony.

So many threads go nowhere in that game.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Much like BG.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Hi2U 1/35 Soldier, tissue, Super Sweeper and Masamune blade.
    You get the tissue when you lose in the Arena, I think its more of a joke item as in "Here wipe your tears, scrub"

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Here, watch a video rather read an article yourself where I dramatically draw out how long it needs to take to go through it and then throw some opinion at you.

I'm also not a fan of people posting the time of the video in the title, I can look and see for myself the duration :/ stupid fad.
    To be honest, he talks about a lot more than just the news that came out about "awhile off."

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor View Post
    You get the tissue when you lose in the Arena, I think its more of a joke item as in "Here wipe your tears, scrub"
    Funny enough, I just learned recently that one stupid dog that blocks your entrance into that one door in Junon(?) was actually a part of a story-line if you lose the first sub battle. Did not know that since you have to go out of your way to lose that fight lol. For the longest I thought it was just some blocked door that served no purpose.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, there are remnants of so many features and side stories that couldn't be fully realized by the JP release deadline. We've already discussed things like the Honey Bee Inn and cutscenes including impossible dialog (from dead PCs), but what surprises me is what little Square implemented between JP and NTSC releases - effectively only Ruby and Emerald Weapons. They had an opportunity to make a lot of tweaks and flesh out some hanging subplot points, but I guess they were pressed with their AAA-title-a-year scheduling. Releasing multiple builds of a console game was an unprecedented idea back then, so we can't blame them. The other stuff they ended up working on was worth their attention anyway. Square could not fail in the 90s.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Junctioning was great, but stocking magic up until near the end of the game (or after many hours of mindless grinding) was bboorriinngg. Materia was like the best compromise ever between accessibility and depth.