Closed Thread
Page 133 of 157 FirstFirst ... 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's as if you've forgotten that FF VII Remake was originally announced during a Sony conference. I'm sure a lot of money was involved to get it going, at this point it's prolly contractual to show it off for Sony. Your own example goes against what you previously said, with a KH3 trailer here and the demo on SE's side. I'd say showing a demo is borderline required at this point, most games and companies don't announce something at E3 then go radio silent for three years. With the reported development hell, showing a solid demo would put a lot of people at ease.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I never buy into those leaks, they're almost always bogus. We already know kh3 will have a demo playable so outright that thing is false.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ends with Socom as the last game.

Hard fake.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New trailer!!!!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    New trailer!!!!

Aerith looking like a snack. Biggs (or Wedge) and Jessie look great. Sephiroth kind of sounds weird, but I assume it's a new voice actor.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Goddamnit. Been holding out hope but looks like we're getting the worst parts of 15 again. There is nothing I hate more in RPGs then party battles where you control one character and the rest of your group runs around doing whatever the fuck they want.

Looks completely different from the original footage too. Wonder how many times theyve had to start over.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SE just changed their twitter banner and avatar with FFVII logos, Nomura says that all their plans up to launch are already in place and that they'll reveal more next month.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I want to be excited about this... but, there are so many clues that the worst things about 15;
    - (test waters for) episodic format
    - the empty combat
    - the 'pushing out a clearly incomplete game' just to "finish" it with downloadable content and fixes
    ...all seem to be happening again here.

I absolutely do not want every big game they put out to become a multi-year wait/commitment disguised as "games as a service" just to give them time to get things done.

If FFVIIR decides to stick to this format, I will not be purchasing it until however many YEARS (and you're kidding yourself if you think SE can do anything in a timely manner) it takes for them to complete the game -- I already made this mistake with FF15 and now the game is so old I don't WANT to go back and play the "complete" addition, and honestly, I'm kinda pissed that I bought the "Incomplete Edition".

Don't even get me started on Episodic Content for a story that was completed 20 years ago...

I wish it was in the old-school battle system, but damn, I'll still play the shit out of this.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Fuck turn base, I fell asleep playing octopath and can't bring myself to finish it because of its so slow and repetative, at least I can get a surge of dopamine mashing circle and seeing big things happen because I am so awesome at pushing circle rather slowly navigating through menus doing the same buffs at the start of each fight because fuck casting a buff and have a duration on it with a cooldown that is longer than its duration to bring some form of balance and put planning into when you use shit. Is it that hard to change the turn base genre? lol

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Sephiroth kind of sounds weird, but I assume it's a new voice actor.
    No Lance Bass no care, amirite?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i wish i could be hyped but SE has really exhausted any goodwill they had left with this series. and with nomura inexplicably still at the helm, the eventual disappointment is still probably several years out (after the inevitable director change, of course).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not sure how you can call this combat empty compared to the original honestly. At this point of the game all you did was press Attack...

Anyway you can see that the shoulder buttons allow you to switch to the other members on the fly, L1 brings up a shortcut menu. Magic is clearly not shown but there's an MP bar so they're gonna reveal it later.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Excited to be going to E3 this year. Definitely going to need to go to the SE Showcase.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

they need to show me the ultima spell. if i like it, confirmed for purchase

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hype hype hype. It was said earlier on that the game was gonna play a lot more like Dissidia which it looks like it will. But with the shoulder triggers and blah blah, looks like there will be a mix of KH style stuff too. I just hope magic isn't done like FF15.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Honestly I thought I thought I was over this because of the wait. 5 seconds in I was super fucking hype. Yeah I'm worried they may fuck things up, but what I'm seeing so far has me excited as fuck

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Like with KH3 or FF15 or etc, people are gonna have their monstrously high expectations and guaranteed people (on this forum and everywhere else) are gonna bitch and moan about this being bad or that being wrong or blah blah. But fuck all that. I'm just planning on enjoying it for what it ends up being.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Y'all are nuts. People are nostalgic for turn- based RPGs. I realize that now. As long as the gameplay mechanics adapt to this new system it'll be more fun to play.

Nobody has 400 hours to sit and watch characters stand in a line anymore.