Closed Thread
Page 16 of 157 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Press Conf. was already delayed an hour, I doubt it will be delayed another hour as the Pre-show slides already started 5 minutes ago.

Also, SUMMONS, can't wait to see what they do for the remake, Shiva in skimpy outfit, and glorious looking Ramuh atop his mountain.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Better stream because chat

http://www.bluegartr.com/chat/twitch/squareenixpresents

Edit: Fuck you rata

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just saw this mentioned in another thread.

That is all.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Wonder if it will be like Crisis Core in which you have autoattacks but can input commands like spells/special actions/items in real time as you dodge attacks and such. But then it becomes an action/rpg. If they make it like 13 then you can only control one character at a time and the rest react to predescribed Gambits. Ffx2 could work but that's nearly a 10 year old battle system too. It's hard to justify random encounters in hd graphics, they'll have to show the mobs, but then it screws with how zones look if there's mobs thrown around everywhere. Zones will probably be pretty complex considering we played mostly from a top down view(think of the shinra bldg, how you can see all rooms simultaneously like the roof was cut off and you're looking from above. Also i imagine the limit break system will be overhauled. I wonder if braver will change from the simple leaping slash it was to the double spinning cut it is in ffxiv. I feel like a lot of the summons from crisis core were less dramatic versions of the ff7 ones, though the summoning sequences were actually an improvement and they kept the ideas similar. For example ff7'a ifrit does a flame dash, whereas ff8 and ff10 do a meteor smash. Crisis core kept the flame dash. And bahamut was kept as a beam instead of a ball of energy or a blue flame.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Gonna ask here since it's FF related and I'll get a quick answer! Steam has IV and III for $7.99 right now. Either must gets? Or, I could live on the edge and get XIII for $7.99...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

4 is a staple, 3 is a generic story. 4 was the first ff with a solid story and memorable characters. Thr 3d version sucks, the most complete version was the PSP anniversary complete version with totally redrawn sprites, or even the gba version which had the challenge dungeons added.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

This is where I get lost with the remakes and conversions from Japan. Wiki states IV is FF II, which is pretty universally said to be a bad game (I said it as well). So...is IV really II? Or is IV something completely different? Help me understand!

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    This is where I get lost with the remakes and conversions from Japan. Wiki states IV is FF II, which is pretty universally said to be a bad game (I said it as well). So...is IV really II? Or is IV something completely different? Help me understand!
    FF 4 originally came out in the use as FF2. Just as FF6 came out as FF3.

Now the numbers have all been straightened out though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Ok cool. So, IV for Steam or emulator?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Steam probably works, but I've never tried it. I enjoyed the ds remake.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

More i think about the actual FFVII..more I wonder what's going to be in the remake to "streamline" it for modern gameplay. Golden Saucer I can see maybe sticking around but at the same time I can't see the submarine game or snowboarding game existing. It worked in the PSX simplistic style, but full blown HD given the size of the -actual- game? I really wouldn't be surprised. I don't mind being "that guy" but honestly, the initial release had plenty of troubles on its own..and SE has a knack for being weird for nno reason at all lol,

As I said before..I'm completely expecting it to merge BC/CC/FFVII/AC in a way to make it one cohesive story.

How do you streamline a super simple/basic RPG? The most complicated thing about 7 is materia...and well...yeah.

The hardest thing about FF7 was figuring out that circle was confirm, not X.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

And if you tried to flip it, the parade minigame would fuck up.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    More i think about the actual FFVII..more I wonder what's going to be in the remake to "streamline" it for modern gameplay. Golden Saucer I can see maybe sticking around but at the same time I can't see the submarine game or snowboarding game existing. It worked in the PSX simplistic style, but full blown HD given the size of the -actual- game? I really wouldn't be surprised. I don't mind being "that guy" but honestly, the initial release had plenty of troubles on its own..and SE has a knack for being weird for nno reason at all lol,

As I said before..I'm completely expecting it to merge BC/CC/FFVII/AC in a way to make it one cohesive story.
    these are the things that worry me, although I trust the final product will be amazing regardless. so not really "worry" I guess, but rather... just things I know we'll have to get over to enjoy the game. there are so many little aspects of the original FFVII that worked because it was the first really successful 3D RPG. things that were charming back then simply might not work with PS4-level graphics, such as the submarine game or the Fort Condor fight.

now if Squenix is smart and has the best interests of its fans at heart, it will find ways to integrate those things. it wouldn't be hard - simply dumbing down the graphics for those minigames would work perfectly by setting them apart from the main game, creating their own unique graphical style. but I doubt that will happen. Squenix likes money and loathes spending it; that would require extra expenditure and thus might be left out entirely.

we'll see... we will see indeed. one thing's for sure though: motherfuckers best be including the snowboarding game.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Most of those games are essential parts of the plot. I don't see them being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Most of those games are essential parts of the plot. I don't see them being removed.
    Replace them with QTEs.

Fans officially salty.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't see why the minigames can't be remade to be more 'modern' like the rest of the game. Like someone said, tower defense stuff and such. I dunno, feels to me like it's one of the smaller things to worry about.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

it's not something to worry about; rather, it's the simple fact that you can't reproduce nostalgic charm. they could easily remove the minigames by simply turning those plot points into cutscenes and not only might that happen, it might be a good idea. or not, depends on the execution of the game as a whole and how much side content they leave in, remove, add, etc.

updated versions of the minigames would be awesome but they won't be the original minigames and that will be sad at the same time. just a little.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's why some people didn't want a remake and wanted a sequel instead. Some things might get cut out or not be represented as well like they remember.

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 157 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast