Closed Thread
Page 18 of 157 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

This game will be baller as fuck as long as they increase kotr by seven minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    This game will be baller as fuck as long as they increase kotr by seven minutes.

More than likely we'll have the Select skip for Summon CS's. Limit Breaks, if they bring them back, are going to be so fucking gratifying.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

@3:25 onwards. Remake this scene with accuracy and I will laugh a lot.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Almost a full day later

still fucking hyped as fuck

I aint even curr about the price tag on the super collectors bullshit edition, cause ill buy that shit with the swiftness

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post

@3:25 onwards. Remake this scene with accuracy and I will laugh a lot.
    Vid reminded me of one QoL feature I'd definitely like to see: No gaps in ability lists if you don't have the things that'd fit in the gaps. Or even a way to rearrange them.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Starting a playthrough once I figure out SE's fully fucking retarded download setup.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    I present to you FF8's Eden

The initial PC port of FF8, Eden's summon was broken. It ran at just a few fps and took on average 10-15 minutes to complete depending on your system. All other summons worked fine.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    FF7 was rated T in the 90's for comic mischief and animated violence, I guess the censorship testers never made it past the. Mako reactor and failed to notice: Honey bee Inn is a brotherl, Muki and friends are gay muscle men that ask Cloud tomstrip and take a naked bath with him, Cid's battle sprite has a cigarette in his mouth, and he lights a new cigarette and tkes a pull as part of his win pose, Cloud cross dressing and doing a squat contest at a gay gym to win a blond wig from a crossdressing squat champion, craY amounts of blood, in fact most corridors in the game are splattered sith blood (shinra bldg, ship to Junon, Cave of Gi) people getting shot, cut stabbed, slashed and pushed off cliffs(Sephiroth clones), the first 10min of the game you play as a terrorist and blow up a reactor that npcs say cause the deaths of thousands of innocent people. I hope they don't tone anything down but that would mean releasing, what today would be considered a rated M game, which may hurt Western sales-because soccer moms.

Did i mention the racism and how barret calls cloud "spikey headed white ass" or "skinny ass white boy" dozens of times. Considering how "clean" ff8-13 have been in terms of language, i wonder how they'll deal with it. Some have told me ff7 was poorly translated but it mind worked well. The grittiness of ff7 gave the world pizzazz, i like the slangy dialogue of "C'mon! We gotta get outt here!" Which will probably be localized to be grammatically correct. Also. Barret looked skinny as hell in AC, he better be shorter and bulkier in this and not look like Lebron James.
    ESRB has made some questionable decisions in the past (Zone of the Enders rated M? Halo? Really) but alot of that stuff you listed can be implied rather than overt and fall right into the T territory.

It isn't like T games dont make sexual references or swear lightly.

Also I imagine Barret's gonna be retconned to having that prosthetic that morphs into a gun because the original design was a bit silly. Also, the new look is less overt ripping off Mr. T.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

QTEs for every summon or it does piddly damage.

<3

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Sooo...boost from FF8 then? :D

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Also I imagine Barret's gonna be retconned to having that prosthetic that morphs into a gun because the original design was a bit silly. Also, the new look is less overt ripping off Mr. T.
    Going to miss taping a pair of scissors to his hand if so. D: His melee capabilities always seemed like a silly tack on regardless.

lol Yuffies Pinwheel and Squalls Nail Bat.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    lol Yuffies Pinwheel and Squalls Nail Bat.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I remember the first time I played through I had no idea you could use multiple materia slots. I ended up getting to the point where the Weapons were roaming without knowing about materia levels or multiple junctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    rofl shit you got me. Was coming back to fix it. It's immortalized forever now. I have shamed my famiry.

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I remember the first time I played through I had no idea you could use multiple materia slots. I ended up getting to the point where the Weapons were roaming without knowing about materia levels or multiple junctions.
    This nigga here didn't go through the tutorials once.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I rented the game and skipped everything except cutscenes and minigame instructions.

Banned.

BG Level

If it's not turn-based I'm not playing it. Sick of all the action RPG crap. I want to play a remake of FFVII, not FFXV with a FFVII skin. I can't think of any remake that fundamentally changed the battle system like that. If they completely change everything it stops being a remake and starts becoming a re-imagining. I doubt they'll get rid of the ATB but then again it's SE. Don't trust them as far as I can throw them. I'm sure most people would prefer it to remain turn-based, outside of a few outliers with ADD who think it's too "slow" or can't imagine how it would "work" in HD (even though it would work perfectly and look great and be just as fun as ever)

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

There's info from places I can't link to but, Shinji Hashimoto knew about the remake when he announced the HD port. It's been in development before that. The story could deviate from the original but they want us to be excited about the crazy/funny bits still being there. They also wanted another shot at VII before the new generation takes over, they're trying to get all the original developers together to do it. Apparently PS4 sales in Japan are really slow and they're also hoping the remake will bolster the number of sales. I guess it has to do with SE's relationship with Sony.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When asked if the remake, in development for PlayStation 4, will follow the Final Fantasy VII narrative exactly or feature new elements, director Tetsuya Nomura gave GameSpot an ambiguous answer.

“We’ve announced an HD port version on the PlayStation 4, and then we have the remake coming to PS4,” Nomura said through a translator. “You’ll have this extremely, very, very pretty FFVII existing on the same plane. We feel that if that happens, it’s like, why have the same exact game?

“We think that if a game is on a certain platform and that platform becomes obsolete, then we’d recommend playing the new port version,” he added.
    Before anyone panics this is the quote that apparently refers to "changing the story" but I really don't see it.

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 157 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast