Closed Thread
Page 57 of 157 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Game looks incredible. I can't wait. The battle system is almost exactly like how I'd expected them to play it out. Like a mix between Crisis Core and KH, one would think, and you get to control other characters. or like X-2

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Makes me wonder how long they have been working on this game. Must have been in dev for at least 18 months to be able to show that much content. I wonder how much this has taken away from FFXV and KH3 development.
    Doesn't seem like too long to be honest. I'd say they built a lot of it on top of what they already had for XV, and maybe repurposed some stuff from XV. The mocap work appears to be reused at least (squeezing through the crevice thing) so a lot of the basic stuff has been done.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Did people honestly want an updated version of a battle in which the good guys and bad guys take turns wailing on each other over the course of X number of minutes? Shits antiquated, lol.
    You say that in the same sub-forum where Record Keeper has six times the posts of FFXV; 650 pages when nothing else in the past 5 years breaks 150. Yes, some people obviously do want that. I certainly did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    The crying online about the ATB right now is hilarious. Fuckers begged for a remake, are finally shown a tease at the gameplay, and start bitching and moaning. I know, can't satisfy everyone, etc. It's just funny to me because of the demand there was for a remake.

I personally can't fucking wait. I'm also glad they're adapting (from the look of it) the battle system to match this gen. They obviously want new fans to be able to pick this up and enjoy. Hopefully they don't censor Barret too much lol.
    I know I'm very obviously in the minority here, but I'm pretty much completely turned off by this, at least until I see how bosses play out. If bosses are more "traditional," I may be back on board. The combat from the random trash soldiers looks completely unappealing to me, but then again it's random trash, it's not really meant to be super interesting.

Then again, I was only willing to support this based on the blind hope that they would continue working up the line and VIII would be next for a graphic overhaul remake. But if they want to drastically 'adapt' it like they seemingly are with this, I'm not interested.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Blah blah blah
    I'm glad they are putting out a different game. The only thing I don't want to see them change too much of is the materia system.

Give me improvements. I would say improve the materia system too but I doubt they can. Its not perfect but its almost there.

FF7 launch was my first exposure to FF; just reading the hype in magazines on the JPN version is still something I remember vividly. Even my cynical ass can't help but get excited about everything shown so far, I can't imagine these so-called fanboys bitching about everything to be in a proper mental state right now. They need to get out more.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Blah blah blah
    I'm glad they are putting out a different game. The only thing I don't want to see them change too much of is the materia system.

Give me improvements. I would say improve the materia system too but I doubt they can. Its not perfect but its almost there.
    My inherent problem isn't with the fact that it's a different/improved system, it's that if they're going to put out an improved battle system, I'd prefer it be on a new game that can stand on its own merits rather than mix into my nostalgia for an old game and influence my opinions, positively or negatively, on that original game. That's just my opinion, and I understand why it makes sense to do what they did. I'm not angry about it, I'm just disinterested by it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You're comparing a game that's getting constant content updates (Record Keeper) with a game that's not even out yet.... I love RK but that's a terrible comparison.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I like Turn based and ATB based RPGs a lot, they're super fun to me, and I think I would probably like the remake much better if it was like that. But the flip side is I also really enjoy the Tales games' combat, and their combat is real time. If they made FF7 Co-Op like the Tales games I would put that higher than ATB/turn because me and my brother could play together... but seeing as how this is SE I doubt they will go that far, so that in mind, i'd prefer Turn/ATB, its just fun for me.

Not saying the direction their taking is bad or that one system is superior. I'd have just personally preferred a more traditional battle system.

But I won't know for sure til I play it or get more information.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Makes me wonder how long they have been working on this game. Must have been in dev for at least 18 months to be able to show that much content. I wonder how much this has taken away from FFXV and KH3 development.
    This is purely hypothetical but perhaps they had small groups already working on this, FFXV and KH3 but a big massive group working to fix FFXIV, and once ARR came out and started making SE a bunch of money again, that massive group got split up and now there are 3 sensible sized groups working on FFXV, FFVII and KH3?

I say this purely because all I seem to read in the FFXIV subforum is people bitching about how content is repetitive and how there aren't enough devs working on the game anymore to make new, innovative shit for it.

Edit: Also, fuck that slow-ass ATB gauge. I'm all for an action-RPG style game like Crisis Core or any of the KH series. I'm glad they're trying to be somewhat innovative and modern. Nostalgia is for people who's best days are behind them.

What was wrong with the size of these arms SE?

https://youtu.be/IVCYy8C5Av4

Loved the trailer and am liking the direction the combat system seems to be headed in, but I couldn't help at wtf'ing at the size of Cloud's arms.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This game has been in development for 2 years now. It's also rumored to not be developed in-house but by CyberConnect2 with SE staff directing the whole thing, which is probably why development is moving along nicely.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    You're comparing a game that's getting constant content updates (Record Keeper) with a game that's not even out yet.... I love RK but that's a terrible comparison.
    Which is why I also compared it to every thread in the past 5 years. The point isn't to say one is better or more popular than the other, because that's preference, but to point out that there very definitively still is demand for the "take turns smacking the shit out of each other" systems.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

What is wrong with Cloud being skinny? Just wondering, like why does it matter?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    What is wrong with Cloud being skinny? Just wondering, like why does it matter?
    Yep, don't get the complaints. He was skinny even in the original game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    The only valid complaint I'm accepting is night shades for Barrett. I know your oakleys are cool bro, but it's pitch black outside. Take em off.
    I'm wondering if he has those because they didn't finish developing his face or if they are trying to avoid him looking like Mr T.

I never said anything about Cloud being skinny. I said his arms. His arms are disproportionate to the rest of his body. I don't even care that they don't look like they could hold that big of a sword. It's fantasy. I get it. His arms just look off to me. They didn't look like that in Advent Children.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    I never said anything about Cloud being skinny. I said his arms. His arms are disproportionate to the rest of his body. I don't even care that they don't look like they could hold that big of a sword. It's fantasy. I get it. His arms just look off to me. They didn't look like that in Advent Children.
    Yes, they do look like that in both Advent Children and the concept art for the original game. Cloud has super strenght because of the SOLDIER program, he doesn't need to be buff in order to carry anything.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Can't wait to see the scene when tifa and cloud fall in the lifestream lol

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I don't know why no one has made the comparison, but I'd imagine the combat is somewhat similar to Grandia II. Turn based with positioning changing during the battle. I'm a-ok with a fast paced grandia II system, especially once magic and materia come into the picture.

Oh yeah, can't fucking wait for Shinra Mansion, Red XIII, and Cosmo Canyon with these graphics. Hhnnnnggghhhh

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

guys remember how shitty turn-based chess was? glad we live in the current year so we can play real-time chess, that archaic crap was a product of its time but now with modern technology we can do better

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Which is why I also compared it to every thread in the past 5 years. The point isn't to say one is better or more popular than the other, because that's preference, but to point out that there very definitively still is demand for the "take turns smacking the shit out of each other" systems.
    On a mobile platform. RK is casual of casual, and the random ass nature of the game means you get people talking about it constantly.

Clearly this correlates to a desire for TB battle systems. LOL

You'd also have to think about why they would put TB system in a game like RK (hint: it's cheap and easy)

Closed Thread
Page 57 of 157 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast