Closed Thread
Page 61 of 157 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Except the majority is already assuming it'll be bad and see no possible way of this actually working out. People have been assuming that SE is cutting content for the remake since June.
    Episodic could mean that or not, we won't know for sure until we get the game or more information.
    Either way announcing this in a press release was stupid and should've been followed by some sort of explanation.
    This pretty much. Maybe they're doing it so they can release part of it during the anniversary so we have something to sate our appetite and celebrate, and nothing will be cut in the end. Just as well, they could gut the game and give us story segments that make us all hate them. :/ Gotta say though, they have a habit of ruining things before it even happens with their announcements that give no real details. The debacle with FFXI's "end of content" back in March had a similar effect, people were negative and down for November to come, yet here we are being told we're getting more. They should learn that less is more when it comes to information, let the hype build, don't create any doubt or uneasiness 24 hours after building it to massive proportions.

Also this:

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    statement made by a company whose company motto may as well be "says one thing, does another"?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Insert Disk 2 in three years when it's released for $59.99 on the PS5 to see what happens to Aeris!
    3 years? they will be riding the PS4 til 2020 for sure.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Edit: In all seriousness, perhaps they'll be working on the game as a whole but releasing it in 2 parts. By the 20th Anniversary (January 2017), they release all the shit that happens in Midgar as a "part 1" ending with a "part 2/aka the rest of the game/welcome to the world map like when you first start disc 2" teaser at the end with hopefully a miracle release date.

That's just me being excessively, unrealistically optimistic though.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/673687789267902464

SE says FF7 Remake's data size is so huge that they're splitting it into multiple titles.
    So... instead of having the game be multiple discs like the original, they're just going to charge people to buy each part of the game?

I think SE is going to have to clarify exactly what their plan is for the game because even with a generous interpretation, the general reaction to this is hugely negative.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If they want to give me 3 40 hour game installments I'm fine with it.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Even if they're like 2 to 3 years separated in release?

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Even if they're like 2 to 3 years separated in release?
    Yep.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yep.
    If they don't skip or cut anything, and maybe even add shit, I guess I could get behind that too. So long as part 3 isn't released on PS5 or some shit like that lol

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If they don't skip or cut anything, and maybe even add shit, I guess I could get behind that too. So long as part 3 isn't released on PS5 or some shit like that lol
    Yeah, that would be a deal breaker. I'm going to have a buy a fucking PS4 for this shit already.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    "the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence"

Given the a substantive lack of any evidence backing any comment you've made about the meaning of SE's statement I think what you're looking for is fabricate.

"invent or concoct (something), typically with deceitful intent."

Also none of your blustering gives any weight to your wholly imagined ideas. All I said initially was that it was silly to swing back and forth between extreme opinions on the second day of announcement. Sorry that cut so deep. Never meant to break your heart.
    Yeah you're right. No evidence whatsoever. SE definitely doesn't have a history with this sort of thing and creating hype for subpar products and there definitely haven't been any disappointing episodic titles ever released. Absolutely 100% correct I have no idea why I could ever form a contrary opinion to your own gg sir thank you for showing me the light.

No but really your assumption is nothing sort of asinine. I understand that you may be a gigantic SE fanboy or something, but let me break it down for you by saying they, too, can do things wrong. You can twist my words any way you want, but it doesn't change the fact that people will see things in their own way. All I'm really seeing from you is whining about people saying something negative about what is, without question, a completely fucking stupid press release that can have negative connotations just as likely as it can have positive ones.

Also your usage of the word "blustering" is wrong too, if anyone's being overly vocal about their point of view it is most certainly you.

Same. SE really needs to elaborate on what they mean by "multiple parts that will be enjoyed in multiple ways".

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

fucking oops, delete dis

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also lol.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience.
    haha not sure how I feel about this. I think what they're essentially doing with this one is shortening the story and basically chopping away the less/unimportant parts, because that game would be far too big to remake. I also don't expect there to be a World Map, since it takes away from the immersion of the world.

I envision this being similar to FFXIII's use of the Chapter system, where you kinda transition to the next location of importance. Only difference is that they'll probably release it chapter by chapter, which is where the multi-part comes in. As far as story goes, some parts of the game were only important for cutscenes and might get cut out from being actual areas.

It'll probably be broken down into locations.. like maybe

Chapter I - Midgar
    Chapter II - Kalm - Junon - Cargo Ship - Corel - Gold Saucer
    Chapter III - Cosmo Canyon - Gongaga - Nibelheim - Rocket Town
    Chapter IV - Wutai - Temple of the Ancients - Forgotten Capital
    Chapter V - Gaea's Cliff - Northern Crater - Junon 2
    Chapter VI - Mideel and everything else
    Chapter VII - Return to Midgar - Northern Crater

I think they could still tell a compelling remake this way. The only thing that will probably suffer significantly is side content i think.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Lets not kid ourselves...

SE just needs lots of money for Cloud's grocery bill. Have you seen him recently? Dude's more skeletal than an 8-bit Grim Fandango character.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Lets not kid ourselves...

SE just needs lots of money for Cloud's grocery bill. Have you seen him recently? Dude's more skeletal than an 8-bit Grim Fandango character.
    He's on a cut, leave him alone. He's bulking over the summer bro.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

hahahahaha I cant believe all the se and ff7 dicksucking in this thread. you guys would just accept a giant turd plopped onto your face wouldnt you. how can anyone trust modern square. let's face it it's going to be a gutted stripped down watered down piece of shit with this episodic bullshit. I like ff7 but not everything it shits out is automatically gold stop living in a fantasy land they are going to sell you 7 " episodes" of watered down action garbage with nothing but cutscenes and no actual ff7 content. get off the square dick seriously
    a remake that is not faithful or respectful to the original at all does not deserve to exist, i dont care if the graphics look better than real life

User was infracted for this post.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Eph View Post
    hahahahaha I cant believe all the se and ff7 dicksucking in this thread. you guys would just accept a giant turd plopped onto your face wouldnt you. how can anyone trust modern square. let's face it it's going to be a gutted stripped down watered down piece of shit with this episodic bullshit. I like ff7 but not everything it shits out is automatically gold stop living in a fantasy land they are going to sell you 7 " episodes" of watered down action garbage with nothing but cutscenes and no actual ff7 content. get off the square dick seriously
    a remake that is not faithful or respectful to the original at all does not deserve to exist, i dont care if the graphics look better than real life
    lol wtf is this.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    lol wtf is this.
    Calls everyone out for sucking SE's dick, complains about how if they're not making dicks like the perfect old ones he used to suck, he's not gonna suck that new dick himself.

TL;DR: He just wants a good old nostalgic dick to suck is all.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

People can say they don't care because FF7 wasn't one of their favorites but keep in mind they said they planned on remaking other FF games. How about FF6 or FF8 or FF9? I'd say what they do with this one might change what they do with the other ones. I don't wanna jump to conclusions but so far it all feels kinda negative idk.