Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The idea of splitting the game up doesn't surprise me one bit considering that SE's end game going forward is stop releasing finished products altogether. Looks like this gets to join the Upcoming Hitman game testing the waters with what they can get away with.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

oh my god Wedge's voice. everything else looked good but... wow. that was just awful.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Okay, Squall.
    Shut it down boys. We're all done here.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    The idea of splitting the game up doesn't surprise me one bit considering that SE's end game going forward is stop releasing finished products altogether. Looks like this gets to join the Upcoming Hitman game testing the waters with what they can get away with.
    SE is not developing Hitman and... really? All the other games they've announced (and there's a lot) are going to be finished products at launch.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

SE is publishing Hitman. And yeah it's not getting much press but SE would really like to stop releasing finished products. The plan is release games in chunks so that the early parts can pay development cost for the later ones. It's obviously not gonna happen all at once but gradually drawn out to minimize backlash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    SE is publishing Hitman. And yeah it's not getting much press but SE would really like to stop releasing finished products. The plan is release games in chunks so that the early parts can pay development cost for the later ones. It's obviously not gonna happen all at once but gradually drawn out to minimize backlash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tomb Raider proves that SE as a publisher doesn't really enforce much at all considering CD is responsible for the Microsoft deal and all the mess that came out of it. How does Hitman (a game SE is only publishing, not making) prove that their strategy is to release games in smaller pieces when every other game they've revealed doesn't? I wouldn't even compare Hitman to FFVII, these two projects have really nothing in common.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Tomb Raider proves that SE as a publisher doesn't really enforce much at all considering CD is responsible for the Microsoft deal and all the mess that came out of it.
    Yeah sure, it's not like Crystal Dynamics is owned by SE or anything. They obviously have zero say in what kind of deals they make. Same principle applies to Hitman, or the scummy shit they tried to pull with Deus Ex pre-orders.

Every AAA publisher (except for maybe CDPR, who haven't really generated any ill will outside of Witcher 3 "graphical downgrades") is scummy.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yeah - It's just whenever FFVII is part of the conversation, things are different. Look at any other title under SE or any other FF game really people usually take the cautiously optimistic route or flatout "low expectation and hope to be surprised."

Also, seen this picture that I got a chuckle out of:

Mostly because this is something that does happen with games these days, you know, the "what used to come with a game is now DLC." "No cut content" could simply mean they can charge us as DLC..that's technically not cut because it could be "on disk dlc" like Capcom loves to do, but since it's FFVII, of course that could never happen

Seriously though, even reading the Famitsu info I'd still err on the side of cautiously optimistic because SE...does love using lofty words, especially certain directors. People shit on XIII Saga constantly and constantly shitted on it when they announced XIII-2 saying it'd be "equally as shit" especially when they heard the dreaded "DLC" was planned for the game..so I just find it kind of weird whenever VII is brought up, it's a whole different ball park..likely because it was quite a lot of people's first FF game and RPG.

I mean, even though the new Tomb Raider (main series) game turned out good - people were not happy about it being rebooted again, like..really not happy because all SE seems to do is reboot, renew, port or "remake" games constantly and some of their newer IPs under whichever studio or that they publish has been met with love/hate. So it's understandable you'd still have people cautious about it. Heck, Versus XIII/XV is probably going to be just as big if not bigger than VII in many ways and it's not being released as an episodic release.

So if it truly is to avoid cutting content and adding extra content, more power to them, but when they know they have quite a lot of people who'll eat up anything and everything VII related, I think it's just safe to say don't be surprised if the usual SE shadiness slips in lol and that's what's generally keeping me cautiously optimistic rather than completely optimistic, because SE has a tradition of having a knack of fucking something up. It's just a matter of what.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I don't think even SE is dumb and greedy enough to do content-based DLC for the 7 remake, at least content directly included in the original game. Heads would roll if that were the case. I can see costume packs out the ass, though. Maybe a side-story involving some Avalanche members, Cait-Sith or Vincent.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Might want to crack a dictionary if you're really going to go the grammar nazi route in your ad hominem.

And nobody is comparing PS1 assets to current gen, the fuck? It's already been pointed out that the entire FFXIII saga fits on one roughly one blu-ray. Thats not even the point. Xbox got 13 over multiple discs and nobody gave a fuck. Charging multiple times because they "need multiple discs" to remake the smallest Final Fantasy game of a generation reeks of cash grab. End of discussion. There's nothing else that can be said until we see a price. Launch part 1 at $60 and watch the reaction.
    LOL.

Talking about disc size, and you think that has nothing to do with assets? Are you for real? Do you even know what an asset is? If you have no idea what you're talking about then don't start yelling CASH GRAB like you know shit. You don't. Leave.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    LOL.

Talking about disc size, and you think that has nothing to do with assets? Are you for real? Do you even know what an asset is? If you have no idea what you're talking about then don't start yelling CASH GRAB like you know shit. You don't. Leave.
    Is it a hobby of yours to just come here and argue with everyone? It's like, every thread I see you post in you're arguing with someone over something that is ultimately not a big deal and completely blown out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    oh my god Wedge's voice. everything else looked good but... wow. that was just awful.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that cringed when I heard that

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

For some reason I thought Wedges VA was fitting. It's gonna take a while to get used to Barrets though, other than that the game looks pretty fucking sweet.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    people have the right to be skeptical about Square Enix and the quality of games after the debakel they delivered some years ago. 14 1.0 FF13 and on. They have been pushing great stuff lately tough, so they are redeeming themself (- Heavensward release, that was just shit).

Dont get me wrong, i am confident that they will deliver AAA graphics, but i am not sure if the gameplay will be AAA. It will be either hit or miss with people that played the olde FF7 and yes I am aware that this is a massive undertaking Remaking the game in they way they are doing it from the grounds up. There is only so much money a Company is willing to throw at a game. So i rather stay skeptical and get pleasently surprised.
    Oh, I agree that people have the right to be skeptical -- only that with each new update to this game they will either realize that past skepticism was for naught or will pretend to have been on board all along when they find out that the game will actually be mindblowing and amazing.

For one, people are using a lot of wrong games as a barometer for the focus of this game. What does FFXIV 1.0 (and FFXIII) have to do with anything? That was a game helmed by Tanaka under President Yoichi Wada, both of which have been replaced by superior men who actually have vision and are working to return SE to former glory. Did you not know that the director for the original game was Yoshinori Kitase? He's back, alongside Tetsuya Nomura, the person who did the character design and some of the battle elements for original as well. I know the horror of the last 10 years of SE (since FFXII/FFXIII) cut deep, but it's not the same anymore.

Speaking of the game play, all that we have to go on is that it will be very reminiscent of Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts. Actually, a lot of Cloud's movements in the trailer (and camera angles) were taken from the Dissidia 2015 Arcade game that was recently released. If you aren't a fan of these battle elements in your FFVII remake, it's going to suck for you. The top-down camera, ATB wait approach of the original is long gone, in favor of something real-time and fluid, but reminiscent.

If you think that Square-Enix won't throw everything that they can muster when it comes to money & resources at this one game, you may be a fool. FFVII Remake is the one game IP that SE will go balls to the wall on developing so they can achieve what the original pulled off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Is it a hobby of yours to just come here and argue with everyone? It's like, every thread I see you post in you're arguing with someone over something that is ultimately not a big deal and completely blown out of proportion.
    You mean talk back to people who are talking to you on a forum? So strange. And actually, more to the point, why do you care?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You mean talk back to people who are talking to you on a forum? So strange. And actually, more to the point, why do you care?
    Probably because you're here screaming irrelevant shit about assets and disc size, when the only reason it is even being discussed in relation to the pricing speculation is because there is a tweet saying it is because of fucking disc size.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Probably because you're here screaming irrelevant shit about assets and disc size, when the only reason it is even being discussed in relation to the pricing speculation is because there is a tweet saying it is because of fucking disc size.
    You really are bad at following conversations. No worries, carry on doing you.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This is exactly my point. You take offense to everything. You need to chill the fuck out sometimes man. There's a difference between having a discussion on a discussion forum and bickering over petty little things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    This is exactly my point. You take offense to everything. You need to chill the fuck out sometimes man. There's a difference between having a discussion on a discussion forum and bickering over petty little things.
    I think the problem is you think I'm taking offense, this is normal shit don't get your knickers in a twist over what someone else is doing.

What you think is petty bickering is my Tuesday morning, again, why do you care?