RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    VIII shares a similar fate stuck between VII and IX.
    Disagree. VIII is much more of a love or hate it relationship so VIII gets a lot more love and also a lot more hate than V does. But that also means its not as much of a sleeper as V is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    I wouldn't have flipped at any other game being fully remade other than FFV & FFVI.
    The fact you have at least 2 other games than FF7 you would lose your shit to is kind of the point I'm making. FF7 is just the most obvious choice for a remake if you were going to pick any game from that era.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Lets not forget about the 10 year old PS3 tech demo..
    As well as:

"It would take 10 years to remake FFVII."

So it's about on cue.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

VIII shares a similar fate stuck between VII and IX.
    Dunno man, I've gotten so much pussy offa that game. The women, they love it. FFV is just a sleeper hit that really didn't gain any traction until emulation became a thing, sadly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    The fact you have at least 2 other games than FF7 you would lose your shit to is kind of the point I'm making. FF7 is just the most obvious choice for a remake if you were going to pick any game from that era.
    True enough, lol.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Dunno man, I've gotten so much pussy offa that game.
    ^

The first thing my current GF ever talked to me was about me using a Squall quote...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm just hoping they give it the full FF treatment (ala FFXVI, the VII remake), rather then just an HD remake. Mix in the old school nostalgia with the things they've learned in the past 20 years making RPG's. Keep the game feeling fresh so even though the story is familiar, the game still feels somewhat new and exciting. It's a little more risky, sure, but it's probably the only way to really live up to the hype.

Gotta have faith in Nomura, I doubt he would take on "just a remake".

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I might get a lot of heat for this, but VIII is my favorite! I agree though about VII not being "the best" but probably the most groundbreaking. I still remember my mom would watch me play because she said even she (who could've cared less about video games) loved the story and what was going on. I too don't want them to touch anything in the game other than a visual update. And I too would love to see turn base games return. My buddy gives me crap about it saying it's stupid that you have to wait. He says it's not realistic. He also refers to any rpg as "dungeons and dragons". He has the biggest hard on for Batman so I asked how he can fight 1m baddies and never stop punching and kicking. Of course I received a dumb response.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

FFVIII is also my favorite, flaws and all.

Nothing will ever top how I felt about Squall when I read the words "I dreamt I was a moron." Amazing doesn't cover it.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Dunno man, I've gotten so much pussy offa that game.
    Lmao my ex also cites it as her favorite FF. Must be Rinoa, angel wings and a dog for a limit break that does it.

Getting laid to Fisherman's Horizon aside, both V and VIII are stuck between superior games. I'd also say that VIII gets alot of undue hate for... reasons.

Graphically, it makes VII look like shit. The story wasn't bad and coincidentally it's the game that brought back Gilgamesh!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    People confuse the best with the most groundbreaking. It took Final Fantasy to a place it had never been before. You can't deny FF7 it's place in FF history, regardless of how much you like or don't like the game.
    Which is pretty much the reason why despite the massive love FF7 gets, I have no interest in playing the original because I know it won't live up to the hype. I'm perfectly content with waiting for the remake, with the added benefit of having an unbiased mindset.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Lmao my ex also cites it as her favorite FF. Must be Rinoa, angel wings and a dog for a limit break that does it.
    Yep, thats what does it for my GF lol

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

^

The first thing my current GF ever talked to me was about me using a Squall quote...
    I'm actually learning how to do the waltz for when I marry my woman, haha. She's hinted at wanting us to do the waltz at our wedding.

But ahhhh man. So many women love that fucking game, it's amazing. I can remember even the most recent Tri-State Distant Worlds that I went to. There was a group of women just next to us, with us being just behind Nobuo. They would lose their fucking minds every time a FFVIII song would be played by Arnie Roth and co.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Which is pretty much the reason why despite the massive love FF7 gets, I have no interest in playing the original because I know it won't live up to the hype. I'm perfectly content with waiting for the remake, with the added benefit of having an unbiased mindset.
    You won't enjoy the remake as much if you don't play the original first. I have a feeling its going to be a "For the nostalgia" kind of game.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm actually learning how to do the waltz for when I marry my woman, haha. She's hinted at wanting us to do the waltz at our wedding.
    Nice dude! May I ever be so lucky to have that at my wedding.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Speaking of grinding - did anyone ever get up to Finishing Touch/Ungarmax before leaving Mako Reactor 1?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    My question to you is why don't you just sit down and play the game? Go into it with a 'it's 1997' mentality and you're not going to be disappointed. If you enjoy JRPGs in any capacity that is.

As much as I hate to use the Star Wars comparison it's perfect here. The original is beloved for what it did in its time. Some people take it as gospel though and that's where you set yourself up for a fail.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Speaking of grinding - did anyone ever get up to Finishing Touch/Ungarmax before leaving Mako Reactor 1?
    Yes! haha.

Nice dude! May I ever be so lucky to have that at my wedding.
    Just make it happen!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can remember even the most recent Tri-State Distant Worlds that I went to. There was a group of women just next to us, with us being just behind Nobuo. They would lose their fucking minds every time a FFVIII song would be played by Arnie Roth and co.
    Going to the Distant Worlds @ Nokia theater on Wednesday night with m'lady. She got the tickets. Didn't even know they were going to be back in Los Angeles, let alone in the middle of E3 week. Now I'm going to hear the world premiere of Jenova:COMPLETE two days after the remake announcement.

Will also confirm the females like FF8. It's a good love story. Like I said pages ago, it's a god damned shame SE'll never give FF8 or 9 this treatment.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I just couldn't get into FF8 as a game to play, but I loved the music. I think I was spending so much time playing FFT and the BoF3 and other RPGs that I skipped past it, and when I went -back- to FF8 years later, the magic was never there for me.

That said, it'd be stupid for anyone to take "flak" over liking it as their favorite. You like what you like. It wasn't a bad game at all, even if I didn't like Squall.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

"We have any FFXIII fans in the audience?"
    *nervous laughter, sparse clapping*
    "Welp, time to do this piece anyway."

@Lucavi - The only FF worth trashing in its entirety is Mystic Quest. It's shit. An abortion. The sooner we forget it exists to stain the franchise in ways 1.0 could have only aspired to is the better we'll all be.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 157 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast