Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

All I can say is that the way the game was sounding before E3 I wasn't sure if it will be good or not, after seeing the footage though I think the game will do very well, the combat system actually looks right by having bullet time effects to decide what spells and such to use and being able to switch characters is a big plus it strongly reminds me of the Star Ocean games with modern twists and I always liked that combat system. Tifa looks good as well looks really well designed and keeps the original look but more fleshed out and detailed. Actually will laugh if people are moaning bout her tits size lol they look fine to me.

If the game plans to be more centered around Midgar I'd say they're likely to include the other sectors both upper and lower as the one thing about Midgar is you see very little of it in the original game literally a bit of sector 1's upper half and parts of 5/6 and 7, I'd also say that they might make Biggs Wedge and Jessie playable or support characters if they expand the story out significantly as they're both part of the original game but we all know they don't survive past sector 7's fall.

I wouldn't be suprised the game is so good is because they realised when they were developing it that the intial iteration was going to be crap and didnt want a repeat of FFXIV 1.0. Definately gonna buy this when it comes out.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah seeing the battle system, pretty much all of my concerns are gone. The only thing I'm still worried about is how many separate games it will be, but if it truly takes 2 full discs just to get through Midgar somehow, then it sounds like it could be worth it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Nah, Yoshida's division is working on the next mainline game apparently. What they mean is that they're treating FFVII as their next big FF title. Considering XV came out in 2016 it seems fitting otherwise we'd see another mainline title in possibly 3 or more years (pretty much like FFXIV ARR was considered the next mainline title after the huge flop of 1.0).
    The offline games had a 7 year gap between XIII in 2009 and XV in 2016, they probably don't want that to happen ever again.
    That is exactly what's happening and exactly why this statement was released - thinly veiled damage prevention. The brand has been in shambles for the last decade. They are trying not to further spook shareholders (and fans, w/e) in the face of the unfortunate truths becoming apparent from the logical release schedule of current projects they're going to need to adhere to for maximum return on investment.

It's looking conservatively like there will be 6 years minimum between XV and XVI releases no matter how you swing it, even if the later VIIR eps and XVI are developed concurrently.

Gen 3
    I ~ Dec 1987
    II ~ Dec 1988 (+1yr)
    III ~ Apr 1990 (+1yr 4mo)

Gen 4
    IV ~ Jul 1991 (+1yr 3mo)
    V ~ Dec 1992 (+1yr 5mo)
    VI ~ Apr 1994 (+1yr 4mo)

Gen 5
    VII ~ Jan 1997 (+2yr 10mo)
    VIII ~ Feb 1999 (+2yr 1mo)
    IX ~ Jul 2000 (+1yr 5mo)

Gen 6
    X ~ Jul 2001 (+1yr)
    XI ~ 2002
    X-2 ~ 2003
    XII ~ Mar 2006 (+4yr 8mo)

Gen 7
    XIII ~ Dec 2009 (+3yr 9mo)
    XIV ~ 2010
    XIII-2 ~ 2011
    XIII-3 ~ 2013

Gen 8
    XV ~ Nov 2016 (+6yr 11mo)
    VIIR Ep.1 ~ 2020

Gen 9
    VIIR Ep.2 ~ 2021?
    VIIR Ep.3 ~ 2022?
    XVI ~ 2023+? (+6yr at least)

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I would not be surprised if the FF7 team and the FF14 team are cross-sharing advancements in NPC AI. I noticed an unbelievably dramatic improvement in NPC assists in XIV since mid-late Stormblood. Would not surprise me at all to find out this was at least part from Remake's development and vice versa influencing them.

They are overwhelmingly the best at NPC partner AI in the genre, no other game is even close. I feel this started with Trusts in XI actually.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Trusts (XI) are actually ridiculously good for the game they exist in. Comparatively, I'm less impressed with my squadron (XIV), who are slow to engage, refuse to adjust to line-of-sight issues, and generally act kind of derpy. Any dungeon that has floor puddles is a nightmare with them because they'll just stand in it til they die, forcing you to manually disengage them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Trusts (XI) are actually ridiculously good for the game they exist in. Comparatively, I'm less impressed with my squadron (XIV), who are slow to engage, refuse to adjust to line-of-sight issues, and generally act kind of derpy. Any dungeon that has floor puddles is a nightmare with them because they'll just stand in it til they die, forcing you to manually disengage them.
    Squadrons don't really have much AI. They have been created to be micromanaged. If you look at the trust system they're implementing now for ShB, the NPCs act on their own now - they avoid aoes (mostly, they can make mistakes), handle boss mechanics and stuff

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

This is the biggest(longest?) thread I've seen for a game and it isn't even out yet.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Max attended a behind closed doors presentation of the full bombing run from start to finish.

tl;dw - There's "a lot more that characters can do that they didn't show and no ones talking about," they recast the entire voice cast because they wanted a newer, more original feel behind the voices, rather than actors who already know how to play the characters, and in typical SE fashion, they paid the original actors to do voice work before changing their mind. They also confirmed that they've brought in a lot of younger talent who are fans to do the game right, sorta like what RE2: Remake did. He also discusses the teams motivation and goals and gets pretty emotion on a personal level.

Prolly regret it in 8 years when we're waiting for the last episode, but his hype really gives me even more hope.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Installing this bootleg mod for HD models and textures.

I noticed two pretty interesting options.

I am going to play through one time with the Aerith revival and another on nightmare mode just to see what that is like.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Does this work with the Steam version or will I get banned?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Does this work with the Steam version or will I get banned?
    It does but after you modify it, it doesn't run off steam anymore and doesn't give achievements and other such things.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I don't care about that.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Oooh that looks like a handy tool, got a download link for that version?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor View Post
    Oooh that looks like a handy tool, got a download link for that version?
    Sent you a PM, and you too kuronosan.