Closed Thread
Page 117 of 157 FirstFirst ... 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast

The primary use of Long Range was putting people in the back row for increased defense without the attack penalty.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm well aware, I just generally found the slot better used with other materia/combos.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I thought CC did a pretty good job with its materia system so I'm not even worried about that. Sure, some will disappear given the nature of the game but we'll also get new ones.
    Cover could easily work as a special command like in KHII: once equipped it allows you to teleport/rush in front of a party member to take the damage by pressing a button that shows up on screen. (triangle prompts in KH)

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

my biggest concern with the action based aspect is how retarded the AI will be.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm perfectly fine with action based battles, lol.

The fact that they are making the game action based instead of turn based means that we are going to be getting a huge fleshed out FFVII world, far larger in scope than the original.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with action based battles, lol.

The fact that they are making the game action based instead of turn based means that we are going to be getting a huge fleshed out FFVII world, far larger in scope than the original.
    Oh shit waddup.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I have no idea what the point of cover was in FF15. It's highly epileptic about what does and doesn't qualify and all it does (outside of like a single quest) is boost regen rate.

Then again FF15 has numerous questionable half-baked unfinished implementations so ehh.

making the game action based instead of turn based means that we are going to be getting a huge fleshed out FFVII world
    I'm not seeing how one leads to the other.

I mean, obviously this version will be much more fleshed out based solely on the fact that it's being cut up into multiple installments and the sheer amount of additional material that's been added to the franchise over the years, but I don't see what action-based combat has to do with it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

This guy has never played Dirge of Cerberus.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    To be fair, Dirge of Cerberus is more of a third person shooter than more action.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/0...om-hearts-iii/

Fairly lengthy digest from Nomura and a lot of good questions with some great answers. If everything makes it into the final build should be a pretty enjoyable experience.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Gonna pick on you for a second but that's fairly lengthy?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Dirge of Cerberus is a masterpiece.

A fucking trainwreck to be sure, but a masterpiece.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Oh shit waddup.
    Was good my mans!

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I'm not seeing how one leads to the other.

I mean, obviously this version will be much more fleshed out based solely on the fact that it's being cut up into multiple installments and the sheer amount of additional material that's been added to the franchise over the years, but I don't see what action-based combat has to do with it.
    Gotta see the situation differently to see what I'm saying -- not so much the mechanics of an action game, but more so the freedom it gives. The fact that it's an action based game means that there will VERY LIKELY not have instanced fights, meaning they'll want to flesh out the world more to have dynamic fight scenes and areas.

The game *should* come out to be far less linear than the original at the beginning of the story. This is of course if Nomura really wants to give the game the perfect treatment I know he wants to give.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Double, but I'll just respond to my own post, since it actually agrees with what I was stating:

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Crystallis
    Nomura: “In the story, in situations where you’re sneaking around, you won’t just be able to march down the middle of the path. The original version had random encounters, and such parts were in the realm of imagination, but since this title is seamless and you see the path that you’re infiltrating, I decided it was necessary for the sake of realism. You can use it in ways such as to hide in cover until enemy soldiers move along, or to throw a hand grenade from cover to annihilate the enemy. Of course, those who find it bothersome can just throw themselves into the fight.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Crystallis
    Nomura: “Map and object destruction will also happen, and there are part-based destruction elements like breaking the Guard Scorpion’s legs.”
    This is basically what I was saying above. The fact that it's an action game now instead of turn based allows for this level of realism, which means they will want to expand on how the world will look and feel.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I for one don't play Final Fantasy games for realism.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I for one don't play Final Fantasy games for realism.
    Posted on a Macroeconomics Simulator XI forum

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/24...ziTl5ryrBHi.99

Battle Planner
    Level Planner
    Background Designer
    Motion Designer
    VFX Designer
    Programmer
    These seem to be what they're mostly recruiting for. So the game is now entering the development phase, so it's definitely not seeing the light of 2017 or even 2018 at this rate unless it is going to be heavily truncated for the episodes, which in the end will be a lot more money for them but that's the only way this will get out in time and be of any passable quality. So if you have the skills, it'd be a good idea to apply lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/24...ziTl5ryrBHi.99

These seem to be what they're mostly recruiting for. So the game is now entering the development phase, so it's definitely not seeing the light of 2017 or even 2018 at this rate unless it is going to be heavily truncated for the episodes, which in the end will be a lot more money for them but that's the only way this will get out in time and be of any passable quality. So if you have the skills, it'd be a good idea to apply lol.
    It has been noted that SE hired the same sort of staff for XV a year and a half before that was released.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So in other words, another E3, another year with no FFVII Remake stuff. And people thought we would see something based on some screenshots that floated around.\

apparently there's stuff floating around that SE will show FFVIIR and KH3 in their new updated forms or something? I guess that'd be neat.