Closed Thread
Page 114 of 157 FirstFirst ... 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Well, "jumps in" depending on the source material.

FF7 and Crisis Core make him look like a scrub for being tossed in after impaling Cloud (I'm sure having an 8 foot weapon helped make that easier).

The before Crisis OVA just makes him look like a dumbass when he actually does jump.

The only telling of the sequence of events that I kinda agree with.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Yeah except Sephiroth is the poster child villain. She revives him and he is still the main baddie. There's not real argument for her being the main villain.
    Terra is the poster girl heroine of FFVI, but the real main character is Celes. Hell, Terra isn't even required to recruit in the WOR to complete the game. Jenova is the real villain of FFVII, just represented through Sephiroth.

EDIT: I screwed up a quote.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

the clones thing IS canon. All the "Sephiroths" you see prior to reaching the Northern Crater are the various "clones" who are part of Hojo's reunion experiment. Jenova cells have the ability to manifest themselves into different forms of appearance, which is how Sephiroth appears in all those places despite having "died" at the Nibelheim reactor all those years ago. Jenova happen to prefer to use Sephiroth's form (it could be because he's her first "child" or that she knows using that form can effect her reunion properly). It's also how Kadaj becomes Sephiroth in Advent Children.. although by that point Sephiroth actually plays a much more active role as he is a part of the lifestream.

as far as i can remember, Last Order is not canon. There are 3 versions of the Nibelheim incident (FF7, Crisis Core and Last Order), and Crisis Core is supposedly the only accurate depiction of the events. LO is not part of the actual CoFF7 and is an interpretation of the events at the reactor. Similarly, FF7s retelling is not accurate considering Cloud's state of mind.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What we can all agree on is this:

President Shinra was killed by a Sephiroth clone that was really a disgruntled employee named Steve.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Terra is the poster girl heroine of FFVI, but the real main character is Celes. Hell, Terra isn't even required to recruit in the WOR to complete the game. Jenova is the real villain of FFVII, just represented through Sephiroth.

Ffvi has 2 story

WOB is terra story while WOR is celes ( a quest of redemption)

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

WoR is not Celes's story....

Celes is just used as a surrogate to explain the sheer despair that exists in the WoR. No one is a main character in the WoR.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    WoR is not Celes's story....

Celes is just used as a surrogate to explain the sheer despair that exists in the WoR. No one is a main character in the WoR.
    Eh, by extension you could say Terra is just a surrogate to explain the conflict that is present in the WoB between humans and espers.

Maybe not in the same sense that X is Tidus's story and X-2 is Yuna's, but the WoR does belong to Celes as a character.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Eh, by extension you could say Terra is just a surrogate to explain the conflict that is present in the WoB between humans and espers.

Maybe not in the same sense that X is Tidus's story and X-2 is Yuna's, but the WoR does belong to Celes as a character.
    Until you leave solitary island. Then she barely talks again outside of "Oh look its Edgar!" "Oh look its Setzer!" She doesn't even take part in reuniting with Locke, the one character she was closest to in WoB.

NOTE: FF6 is my favorite game of all time, but I disagree with the idea that WoR is Celes's story.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post

Did you miss the part where Sephiroth is the one controlling the Jenova cells to create his own image or what?

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So... strange... but Kitase said in an interview that voice acting for FF7Remake's main story is almost done....

https://twitter.com/aibo_ac7/status/834294418513354753

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just because the VA is done doesn't mean they are anywhere near finished.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'd bet they get called back in no less than 5 times to add/rerecord shit too.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It would be very easy to loosely state that. People read main story and they think, WOW THE WHOLE GAME, what they left out is for that episode.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    It would be very easy to loosely state that. People read main story and they think, WOW THE WHOLE GAME, what they left out is for that episode.
    Something that is most certainly to be a multi year release with a LOT of voice actors involved kinda takes a big risk in approaching episodes like that. What if Tifa's VA dies after recording episode 2 and isnt there for the remaining episodes?

They may mean the entire game for the main cast (Cloud, Tifa, Barrett, etc) and some important side characters (Rufus, Hojo, etc), while characters like Don Corneo and Bugenhagen may be done on an episode to episode basis.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

https://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7...o/ff7disc1.txt
    https://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7...o/ff7disc2.txt

https://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7...nfo/ff7opq.txt
    -optional quests assuming they delve into that.

There is every line of dialog that each story key character speaks. Assuming they don't stray off of that I imagine they would require a lot more time to get through something like that. The way traditional voice acting works is once the cut-scenes or scenes are in a finished or near final state they then voice act based on the emotions and empathy they're seeing, it's rarely just "hey talk into this mic and at this scene you want to sound [insert emotion] here because something big just happend!"

But I'm sure you know how VA works.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    https://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7...o/ff7disc1.txt
    https://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7...o/ff7disc2.txt

https://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7...nfo/ff7opq.txt
    -optional quests assuming they delve into that.

There is every line of dialog that each story key character speaks. Assuming they don't stray off of that I imagine they would require a lot more time to get through something like that. The way traditional voice acting works is once the cut-scenes or scenes are in a finished or near final state they then voice act based on the emotions and empathy they're seeing, it's rarely just "hey talk into this mic and at this scene you want to sound [insert emotion] here because something big just happend!"

But I'm sure you know how VA works.
    I'm not an expert on it, no. But ive been around game development long enough (and have been in a few VA sessions actually) to know and understand the process.

Its not like they have source material to act off of or anything like that.

Again, I'm not saying it isn't just for the first episode or installment, just that they run a pretty big risk if someone major dies during the 2-3 years this is likely to take to get all the episodes out, if SE's original comments about timeline are to be believed.

If they can replace Aku's voice actor in Samurai Jack, they can replace Tifa. Hell, they even change voices for guys who are actually famous (Persona 5) and it's whatever. It's not going to stop anyone.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Rachael Leigh Cook is not going to die, motherfucker.
    Rachael Leigh Cook is forever.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I think this is a giant tempest in a teapot. As usual.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

SE changing voice actors mid game? No fucking way *cough FFXIV cough*