BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Considering VII isn't remotely as good as some people's memories tell them, it has no chance of living up to the hype some are having.
    We're talking about the Star Wars of JRPGs here. It doesn't need to live up to hype, it merely needs to deliver a modern take on FFVII with enough nostalgic baubles to keep people throwing wallets at SE.

You literally can't fuck this up.

Edit: Hi from 2018! FFVII (PS4) has bombed. Nice job, hero.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Considering VII isn't remotely as good as some people's memories tell them, it has no chance of living up to the hype some are having.
    This is totally not true at all. I recently replayed it on the psp and it lived up to every expectation I had. Still one of my favorite rpg's and so much fun. I don't want them to change anything except the graphics. I hope the controls, story, and fights play the exact same way as they did before. I hope they have the world map the same and high rez towns/areas you can enter. I hope they keep the random encounters in the world map and chocobos the same everything. All it needs is an HD graphics refresh. That would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    I present to you FF8's Eden

Fucking long ass summons.

Loved them though.

I really hope that they stick with the classic FF7 battle system - and in result make turn-based popular again.
    Hah. I don't mind them sticking with turn based, but it being popular again is a pipe dream. People actually want to play their games, even a little interaction is welcome.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I present to you FF8's Eden

I've actually half-asssed cooked a meal offa an Eden summon.

God bless Knights of Round, Eden, Ark and Anima. Always a clutch moment to take a shit or get a snack.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I really hope that they stick with the classic FF7 battle system - and in result make turn-based popular again.
    Same here

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Magus Sisters are the long summon of FFX, not Anima. Got get your FF right.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

A Tales esque free run system with random battles would be <3.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

FFVII story is filled with plot holes galore and broken as fuck game mechanics, you can literally beat the majority of the game just by learning aqualung and big guard with the enemy materia.

What I want from this remake is for them to address stupid shit, why the fuck did no one tell Sephiroth Jenova was NOT his mother? Why does Tifa NOT tell Cloud he's bat shit crazy at the start of the game? Aerith knows about Holy/Meteor and yet tells absolutely no one about it at the Temple of Ancients. I could go on and on and nitpick stupid shit left and right, but I obviously understand FFVII came before all the corresponding story games. Stream-line the story and Seph's Oedpidus factor, would help a lot.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm not saying VII sucks, but some people still treat it like it's the greatest video game ever made and that nothing comes close. And with an impending remake it's become the second coming of Jesus.

I realize opinions exist, but we're talking about a game that will be 20 years old when this likely releases and (imo) wasn't even the best in the series on the PS1, let alone SNES releases or any other console generation.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

People confuse the best with the most groundbreaking. It took Final Fantasy to a place it had never been before. You can't deny FF7 it's place in FF history, regardless of how much you like or don't like the game.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    FFVII story is filled with plot holes galore and broken as fuck game mechanics, you can literally beat the majority of the game just by learning aqualung and big guard with the enemy materia.

What I want from this remake is for them to address stupid shit, why the fuck did no one tell Sephiroth Jenova was NOT his mother? Why does Tifa NOT tell Cloud he's bat shit crazy at the start of the game? Aerith knows about Holy/Meteor and yet tells absolutely no one about it at the Temple of Ancients. I could go on and on and nitpick stupid shit left and right, but I obviously understand FFVII came before all the corresponding story games.
    Would it even have mattered if someone told Sephiroth that? He already knew something was suspicious about his origins and Crisis Core only went further by throwing Angeal and Genesis into the mix. Shinra mansion was the straw that broke the camel's back and that's before you take into account the type of reverence people were giving this guy. Both in Shinra and around the world.

Sephiroth had some kind of psychotic break finding out he was cooked up in a lab. Finding out Hojo was your dad is probably not going to help. Lucretia might as well be some random lady.
    Official sources I've been told discredit the idea that Jenova influenced his actions from that point on.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

FFVII holds a special place in people's hearts, much like stuff like Vanilla WoW, or PSO, or Xenogears, or whatever. Whether it's really that great or not isn't really up for debate for some people.

Will it live up to the hype? Of course not. It's impossible, but can it still be great, a potential system mover (even if it's not exclusive) and just overall just great to see? Hell yeah! I liked IX and VI more than VII by miles, but I'll have this day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post

What I want from this remake is for them to address stupid shit, why the fuck did no one tell Sephiroth Jenova was NOT his mother? Why does Tifa NOT tell Cloud he's bat shit crazy at the start of the game? Aerith knows about Holy/Meteor and yet tells absolutely no one about it at the Temple of Ancients. I could go on and on and nitpick stupid shit left and right, but I obviously understand FFVII came before all the corresponding story games. Stream-line the story and Seph's Oedpidus factor, would help a lot.
    Broken mechanics in a FF game? Surely you jest.

The only thing they really ned to fix is the story elements, and by that I mean go a bit deeper. FF7 is the original FF13, great plot you never see with crappy execution.

I'm not saying VII sucks, but some people still treat it like it's the greatest video game ever made and that nothing comes close. And with an impending remake it's become the second coming of Jesus.

I realize opinions exist, but we're talking about a game that will be 20 years old when this likely releases and (imo) wasn't even the best in the series on the PS1, let alone SNES releases or any other console generation.
    It's kinda easy to see why people would want what is (for many) their first RPG/FF game to be remade. I think you're overreacting to the reactions because people would probably flip their shit at any FF game being remade provided it came before 10 (1-3 excluded).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Crisis Core just made Sephiroth going nuts seem even dumber.

That said.

If they add a Advent Children DLC epilogue thing, or even expand Zack's flashback slightly, that'd be awesome.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    People confuse the best with the most groundbreaking. It took Final Fantasy to a place it had never been before. You can't deny FF7 it's place in FF history, regardless of how much you like or don't like the game.
    This is correct.

I don't think anyone here is arguing the fact that it uses a more or less cliche story, even speaking of 1997 terms. FFVI was for all intents and purposes the better game.

However, FFVII literally broke the (J)RPG mold, not only lifting up the franchise, but the entire RPG genre and setting it off into new heights. The stars literally aligned for the game as well. It showed game makers that you could place a very good and intricate story, a great battle system, relatable (or muchly hated) protagonist, memorable characters all in one game. Also there's the fact that it showed the world you could do this in 3D esque graphics, as well as have some very well made CGI graphics going on too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It's kinda easy to see why people would want what is (for many) their first RPG/FF game to be remade. I think you're overreacting to the reactions because people would probably flip their shit at any FF game being remade provided it came before 10 (1-3 excluded).
    I wouldn't have flipped at any other game being fully remade other than FFV & FFVI.

Day One this game for me. Any amount. Collectors Edition, any amount.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

2 hours later I'm still like:

Sony wins the conference just for that announcement for me. Along with the other goodies.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    2 hours later I'm still like:

Sony wins the conference just for that announcement for me. Along with the other goodies.
    Yeah mang. Yeah!

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

As much as I love FFV, it just can't hold up to the big hitters in the franchise. It's what happens when you get tucked between FFIV and FFVI.

VIII shares a similar fate stuck between VII and IX.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    I wouldn't have flipped at any other game being fully remade other than FFV & FFVI.
    Anything 4-10 would do it for me D:

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 157 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast