Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Isn't Tifa voice'd by Rachel Leigh Cook?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Isn't Tifa voice'd by Rachel Leigh Cook?
    Yeah, it's always been her so I don't see it changing for the remake.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Yeah, it's always been her so I don't see it changing for the remake.
    I hope not, she's great.

We've had this discussion like 30 times already. No one here was expecting ATB. Everyone here has been expecting KH/FFXV battle system.
    I dunno man, people here keep crying about it. I think we need to beat it a bit more. Not.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Cloud, Sephiroth and Tifa have had the same VA in pretty much every game and movie with voices in it. Aerith changed a few times but I think they've found one in Andrea Bowen. I'm guessing Vincent/Cait/Yuffie will remain from DoC but I can't remember if those have been the same in all the games. The others have like 1 line in AC.
    Ya, Barret and Vincent are Beau Billingslea and Steve Blum, Jet and Spike from Bebop respectively.
    Christy Romano will reprise Yuffie (v/o Kim Possible).
    Cait Sith will be inexplicably Irish.
    Best Sephiroth was Lance Bass, but Newburn is a stone cold motherfucker.
    Best Aerith was Mandy Moore.
    Mena Suvari is a terrible person.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Cait Sith is an Irish lore, right? Doesn't sound far fetched.

That being said, I just want a GOOD battle system and for materia to stay. We've had this discussion hundreds of times.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

We've had this discussion like 30 times already. No one here was expecting ATB. Everyone here has been expecting KH/FFXV battle system.
    I expected it until seeing the first trailer, but yeah, anyone who still thought it was ATB after that is even more delusional than me about what they want from FF, and that's impressive.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Reminder that Cait Sith is Reeve, so I doubt they would have different VA's.

That said, Reeve can pass as Irish. It would fit the trio of Scarlett being German, Heideggar being Russian, and Palmer being American.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I just really hope they make Barret as offensive or worse than the original game.

He needs to be at least as offensive as Samuel L. Jackson in every movie he's in.

It's cuz of that motherfucking pizza everybody be suffering!
    Stop actin' like a damn kid. Si'down and shut up motherfucker!
    Don't forget that your skinny ass motherfucker is workin' for AVALANCHE now!
    Where's its mutherfucking head? This whole thing's stupid. Let's keep goin'.
    Cetra? That some kinda motherfucking disease?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

no chance. gonna be PC as fuck

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Shit will be modded in 10 minutes.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, if they stay true to their word and keep the Aerith scene and the transvestite scene, it'll already be pretty high in the ratings, so might as well throw some motherfucks in there.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Would be funny if SE goes PC with language though considering SE told Sony back then that if they censored the game they'd just go back to Nintendo.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah but all the language was censored...

Also this is going to be voiced and theres not gonna be any F bombs being dropped. Sooner you guys accept that the easier it will be.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Shit will be modded in 10 minutes.
    Sure, after they release a PC version like 2 years after the console one.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Yeah but all the language was censored...

Also this is going to be voiced and theres not gonna be any F bombs being dropped. Sooner you guys accept that the easier it will be.
    Think they pull a battlestar and start tossing Frak bombs instead?

They've got to do something about Barret's streetwise, but considerate and informed, verbage.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The wingdings of the original was the compromise Sony and SE agreed to. Sony wanted the language to be changed completely originally.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Think they pull a battlestar and start tossing Frak bombs instead?

They've got to do something about Barret's streetwise, but considerate and informed, verbage.
    That's my guess. Potty mouth bullshit, but it gets the job done, gives him a street feel, and maybe make it a lil humorous. That said, I'd love for them to prove us all wrong and just have him ranting the whole god damn motherfucking game.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Reminder that Cait Sith is Reeve, so I doubt they would have different VA's.

That said, Reeve can pass as Irish. It would fit the trio of Scarlett being German, Heideggar being Russian, and Palmer being American.
    In Dirge of Cerberus, Reeve was voiced by Jamieson Price (doing basically the only voice he does; deep and smooth) while Cait Sith was as sterotypically Irish as can be and voiced by Greg Ellis, who are both current I guess according to Wikipedia.

The impressive part is that I don't think anyone's sure if it's like a "Irish-mode" filter or if Reeve is REALLY into the role, because he doesn't drop the accent even when witnessing really bad stuff. Or when both are present at the same time.

Let me try to find a video of both talking

e: Here we go.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not much news, but worth mentioning that FFVII Remake has a new game director on board. He's handled a lot of handheld and mobile releases, some well received like Dissidia, others less so like All the Bravest.

Also, the finalized versions of Cloud and Barret's action figures were released a couple weeks ago. Didn't bump the thread since it didn't seem newsworthy enough, but tossing it in with this. Lots of pics on SE's store. I dunno how the figures manage to get into such iconic poses, but at $150, I might take a bite to set'em up. Both seem really faithful to their originals, and Barret's even gives hope of a glasses-less version ingame. It's also worth mentioning that the estimated release date of the figures (which can always change of course, and likely will IMO) is June 2017.

Haven't seen a video or discussion on it, but how does everyone feel about what may end up as FFVII's combat system after playing FFXV? Swap Noct's warping for Cloud dashing in and I could see it transferring over pretty well. Magic and MP damn well better not follow anything even close though. Hopefully the directional buttons are used to navigate either a magic menu or to quick swap to allies. Not being able to control your allies when you want to was one of my biggest gripes with XV. Having R2 activate a customized menu for items/magic/summons would also work well.