Closed Thread
Page 7 of 157 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

How will they handle the world? The world map worked for VII because it was 1997 and we didn't know any better... A full scale VII world would be so huge I can't imagine that's what we'll get - though that would be spectacular.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Oh please, you know a pseudo gambit system with option to switch and control the characters would be awesome.
    Not changing the combat to action RPG, it wouldn't. I'm happy to see that stuff in FF15. I don't want it in my nostalgia remake.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I feel like the odd man out in this thread for never playing the original. Looking from the outside, everyone going batshit insane is hilarious.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    How will they handle the world? The world map worked for VII because it was 1997 and we didn't know any better... A full scale VII world would be so huge I can't imagine that's what we'll get - though that would be spectacular.
    Honestly the world map could just go away if they just created a world full of towns in similar way as Witcher 3. Giant sandboxes are basically world maps.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I really hope that they stick with the classic FF7 battle system - and in result make turn-based popular again.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I feel like the odd man out in this thread for never playing the original. Looking from the outside, everyone going batshit insane is hilarious.
    What are you doing - go play the game nao!!!!!!!

Speaking of which - tempted to replay through it myself - but also wanting to hold off completely until the remake hits shelves.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

My mind can't even handle this being real. So many thoughts about things they could add, etc.

.....No release date though. Will they just end up releasing it in 2017 for its 20th anniversary?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

What I'm hearing is a lot of "inexperienced" folks over reliance on KotR. If you know what you're doing Cloud can inflict more damage in 30 seconds than the 3 minutes it takes for that summon. Fuck, I take pride in the fact I beat the shit outta Emerald Weapon without ever having to obtain the underwater whatever time materia. You can even one shot him with Vincent lmao. Ruby is a joke so I'm not even going to discuss his scrub status.

More challenging bosses, that's what I would want.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They didn't show a spec of actual gameplay, I'd assume 2017 at the earliest.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Likely just making an entirely new product. Assuming they kept the resources wouldn't be surprised to see stuff recycled from Advent Children.
    Either way they'll want source material that doesn't require to play countless hours of original FFVII over and over. It's an easier task to reverse engineer the old game and set it up on a sort of parser program so they can read all of the text and source data.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm assuming we will learn more tomorrow at SE conf. Maybe release date.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I wonder if it's even possible for this to live up the expectations everyone has for it. It'll sell well regardless, purely because of what it is though, so I guess that's all that matters.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    I wonder if it's even possible for this to live up the expectations everyone has for it. It'll sell well regardless, purely because of what it is though, so I guess that's all that matters.
    No, it's gonna go the way of The Dark Knight Rises. There is no way to meet the hype.

Don't worry, in 3 years the majority of BG will be shitting on the game. I will enjoy every nostalgia filled moment though, because thats how nostalgia works.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Honestly the world map could just go away if they just created a world full of towns in similar way as Witcher 3. Giant sandboxes are basically world maps.
    There is too much that the world held that I don't think could be ignored by having a small sandbox world. How you engaged Ultima, Ruby, Emerald required users to engage the encounter and even chase down Ultima after 20k damage. Diamonds assault on Midgar, rising from the sea and all the games major secrets / special features were locked behind the inaccessible areas of the world map without blue/green/black/gold chocobos.

I think that a world map could work, a low res overworld with hubs that you zone into much like they had back in '97, it shouldn't be too hard to replicate and it would likely open up more room on disks for other stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Man, so many boners.
    don't change anything, dont change the amazing materia system, don't do anything but upgrade the graphics and I'll be one happy motherfucker. This is the one and only time I will go full-tilt collectors edition for. Fuck I can't wait.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    Considering VII isn't remotely as good as some people's memories tell them, it has no chance of living up to the hype some are having.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    There is too much that the world held that I don't think could be ignored by having a small sandbox world. How you engaged Ultima, Ruby, Emerald required users to engage the encounter and even chase down Ultima after 20k damage. Diamonds assault on Midgar, rising from the sea and all the games major secrets / special features were locked behind the inaccessible areas of the world map without blue/green/black/gold chocobos.

I think that a world map could work, a low res overworld with hubs that you zone into much like they had back in '97, it shouldn't be too hard to replicate and it would likely open up more room on disks for other stuff.
    No one said a small sandbox world. Play the Witcher and see how big a world can actually be handled. They could even do multiple maps so you would only have to load going between the continents. I just can't see a world map of that kind looking any good at all on PS4.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    they could still use the world map system.
    the one they implemented in Dissidia Duodecim was pretty cool in that it allowed you to "move around the world" without feeling like you're reduced to representation, when you actually are. taking away the world map would also mean taking away chocobo tracks, and Midgarsormr.. which would change a lot of things.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    What I'm hearing is a lot of "inexperienced" folks over reliance on KotR.
    Summon and take a shit break.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Considering VII isn't remotely as good as some people's memories tell them, it has no chance of living up to the hype some are having.
    I liked 6 better, but that shit right there is stupid. It's easily one of the best RPGs ever and if you disagree there's pretty much nothing I can do about it.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 157 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast