Closed Alpha Requirements
    PS4 REQUIREMENTS:

HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION
    DOWNLOAD SIZE: 12GB

XBOX ONE REQUIREMENTS:

XBOX LIVE GOLD ACCOUNT
    DOWNLOAD SIZE: 12GB
    SHARING CONTENT PRIVACY, LOCATED UNDER XBOX LIVE PRIVACY & SAFETY ACCOUNT SETTINGS, MUST BE SET TO "EVERYBODY".
    JOINING MULTIPLAYER GAMEPLAY MUST BE ALLOWED IN THE PRIVACY & ONLINE SAFETY SETTING OF YOUR PROFILE.

PC REQUIREMENTS:

MINIMUM PC CONFIGURATION

RESOLUTION: 720P@30FPS
    VIDEO PRESET: LOW
    VSYNC: OFF
    OS: WINDOWS 7, WINDOWS 8.1, WINDOWS 10 (64-BIT VERSIONS ONLY)
    PROCESSOR: INTEL CORE I3-550 | AMD PHENOM II X4 955 OR EQUIVALENT
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560TI (1GB VRAM) | AMD RADEON HD 6870 (1GB VRAM) OR EQUIVALENT
    SYSTEM RAM: 4GB
    DOWNLOAD SIZE: 24GB
    DOWNLOAD SIZE: 24GB

RECOMMENDED PC CONFIGURATION

RESOLUTION: 1080P@ ~60FPS
    VIDEO PRESET: HIGH
    VSYNC: OFF
    OS: WINDOWS 7, WINDOWS 8.1, WINDOWS 10 (64-BIT VERSIONS ONLY)
    PROCESSOR: INTEL CORE I5-2500K | AMD FX-6350 OR EQUIVALENT
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 | AMD RADEON R9 285 OR EQUIVALENT
    SYSTEM RAM: 8GB

THE FOLLOWING CONTROLLERS HAVE BEEN TESTED WITH THE GAME:

OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED ON PC

MOUSE + KEYBOARD
    MICROSOFT XBOX 360
    MICROSOFT XBOX ONE
    MICROSOFT XBOX ONE ELITE

PARTIALLY SUPPORTED (MAY REQUIRE 3RD PARTY DRIVERS)

ANY 3RD PARTY XBOX-COMPATIBLE CONTROLLER
    LOGITECH CHILLSTREAM
    OUYA CONTROLLER
    STEAM CONTROLLER
    SONY PS3 CONTROLLER
    Alpha players are also allowed to stream and record videos.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

There is another play test going on this weekend for pc.

Have 3 keys available, add me djzombie83 on uplay if you wanna check it out.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ubisoft has confirmed that the game is always online and will be unplayable without an internet connection. The game was originally advertised as an offline game for single player content.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Closed Beta is up. Anyone playing on PS4? Downloaded it yesterday so I should be good to go today.

Just got my PS4 and have 0 friends so I have no idea how to do a search, but my ID should be OttomanRob I think.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I play on PC, can't login to uplay though, big fuckin surprise, AMIRITE. Got more keys to hand out too if anyone wants one.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Are your keys strictly for pc? I'm interested in giving it a whirl but on ps4

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

For me to send you a key you have to be on my uplay friends list, so I think that is restricted to PC, unless you can add me to uplay on ps4(not sure if that is a thing)

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/co...tesextra_keys/

this thread says keys are platform specific, but you should be able to pick up a ps4 key there if toki doesn't have any extras, they were giving pc users 3 extra keys to give out, I'd imagine all platforms were similar.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

You're right, I do have 3 codes for PS4. I think we have to be friends, though.

I'm trying to bring up the page, but I'm just stuck in an infinite "Please wait" screen after logging in.

EDIT: Ubisoft service not available at this time...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yea ubisoft is getting shit on right now because they're trying to run a wildlands beta, for honor beta, plus all their normal users as well. Granted its 1pm est on a thursday, I would have thought most people would be at school or work right now, and traffic right now should not even compare to this evening.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

It's Thursday. Don;t play with my emotions like that.

Yeah, I have a feeling it'll be shit later on and I'll likely just end up playing Overwatch.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yea I meant to say thursday, wishful thinking I guess.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Got into the invite thing, but we need to be friends on Uplay.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Played or about 45 minutes or so yesterday. Not really impressed. It may have been because it's the Beta and the servers are getting slammed, but I feel like I'm losing inputs or something. I was watching some streamers while at work so I could get the general idea before getting home, so I wasn't completely lost on the concept or the mechanics when I started. Even so, I found it difficult to take advantage of what should have been openings.

As the Warlord from the Viking faction I'd use the shield to Parry then try to strike, but the person I just parried would be able to attack again and hit me, cancelling my light strike with his own. If I parry you there should a stagger effect so that I can make a strike. That's the idea. I'm not talking about just blocking, either. I mean I was blocking in that direction and hit heavy strike to parry.

I ran into a similar problem when I was trying Berserker. I was able to get my light strikes in, but I wasn't able to Deflect more than 5-10% of the time. I would dodge in the direction of the attack when the red arrow is largest (which should be the correct timing), but it would usually just result in a normal dodge. This was okay in that I was able to get an attack in, but it was only a single light strike which didn't do much damage.

I decided to check out a couple more streams while making dinner and saw other people were having the same complaints; they felt like inputs were being dropped or timing was off. I may give the game another shot today, but I think this one is a pass for me.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

is this just a 1v1 fighting game?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

It has 1v1, 2v2 and 4v4 modes so far. The 1v1 and 2v2 are straight-forward matches. The 4v4 are a kind of Musuo type game where you have an army of grunts that push a central point while you and your team try to take the outlying points. The 4v4 usually ends up with 1 or 2 people trying to take the outlying points while also avoiding getting ganked by the enemy team; a lot of times ending up in a 1v3 or a 2v3.

If you play the 1v1s it is basically a fighting game with 360 movement and some environmental hazards. It can be fairly technical, but like I said, I feel like it can be a bit clunky.

EDIT: If you want to try it on PS4 I can send you a code. Add me on UPlay. Same user name as my Overwatch name.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I was experiencing the same thing you're are on pc, Toki. I thought it was shitty that I could parry attacks and the enemy just keeps on attacking unphased. I was playing with keyboard and mouse, I think I am gonna try to setup my steam controller for it and try that. I went back and forth between kb&m and controller during alpha and just couldn't decide which I liked better.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

thanks to the kindness of one zombie dj was able to go through a couple rounds of this this today. gotta say i think ubisoft has something special on its hands. gameplay is very reminiscent of a Dark Souls/Bushido Blade mashup with its emphasis on positioning + evasion + stances and the weightiness allotted to all moves. central conceit is silly and fun and already has the community dividing into deus vult/weeb/skol factions. 3 classes per faction isn't much but game should have some legs with item/cosmetic customization and DLC adding more.

didn't really experience the parry issues you guys had, even with just a basic block i was usually able to get in at least a quick attack before the stagger wore off unless i was a heavy class facing an assassin where they could usually keep the pressure up. but that i think is intentional given the class designs. biggest problem, as stated above, are the servers. definitely eating some lost inputs, and in the age of Overwatch P2P rather than dedicated is ridiculous. hope ubisoft comes to its senses, and does a few quality of life balance adjustments, or else a solid core gameplay experience is going to get buried under bullshit.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I really want to play this because I fucking love the general idea but man, always online plus P2P just fucking kills me.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I mean for 1v1 you'd want it to be p2p anyway, but for 4v4 or whatever yeah that's shitty. Is there splitscreen local?

Don't really want to bother with uplay thou, I can't understand how it's even still a thing.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Game isn't fun imo. Didn't have that parry issue that others were talking about but even when I won duels there was no rush, just on to the next round. And 4v4 is such a trainwreck it shouldn't be in the game.