+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I had fun with it for the hour that I put into it. Didn't enjoy Division, but I like the more openish world of this one. Probably grab it on sale at some point.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    It's Far Cry with squad mates.
    farcry 4? cuz 4 was pretty dope

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Fc4 if you wanted to play with 3 other people, get called a shithead for killing civilians, and be surrounded by useless rebels.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Now that I have played all that the closed beta has to offer (only missed one item because it was glitched into the sky) I feel that I can properly share my thoughts. The game basically is Far Cry 4 with a new skin. The driving is still ass, roads are still skinny, and the civilians are still dumb. The games even share a similar radio DJ. As your influence grows with the rebels (only one leader this time), you see them more often on the road and safe houses have a growing population. But unlike FC4, the rebels won't attack the enemy forces as they pass them on the road. In fact, only the Bolivian army will stop to attack, when they see you the player character. The cartel will only flee when they see you while they're driving. The AI interaction between your squad and the enemy is laughably bad. The enemy will completely ignore the rest of your squad, even if they come face to face, unless you order your squad to attack them. Every enemy focuses on you, the player character before anyone else. You can send in a handful of rebels to attack, but as soon as they're wiped out, the enemy knows exactly where you are. Same if you order a mortar strike or the enemy discovers a body, they know automatically it was you and they hunt you down to the last spot you were standing. Your squad is annoying and their responses get old fast (not to mention that the person who speaks to you the most sounds like Gus from Rooster Teeth), unless you kill a civilian, then it gets hilarious. By the way, killing too many civs ends your game.
    There are helicopters and airplanes, but like the cars, they are terrible to control. You're given a small tutorial when you first climb into a helicopter, but there isn't one for airplanes. So you are left to assume that they control the same and it's not very close. It was a harrowing experience for me to fly (mostly because the only plane available is for a specific side mission) where attempting to turn flipped the plane and sent it into a nosedive. When you get close to the ground, you're given a prompt on which button to press to land. Not very helpful, takes you straight down. Also for flying mission, you have to take the aircraft to the exact spot that the marker is located. You cannot be simply in the general area. I landed the airplane in the middle of a cattle herd that was near the marker, but I wasn't given credit until I drove the plane to the exact spot. There is no easy way to land heli's either, they just slam onto the ground.
    The terrain seems cool until you land in a hole or fall between rocks. There is no way to get out of these situations without fast traveling back to a safe house. It's really a terrible feeling to get to a mission objective and you're sneaking around to a back area only to fall into a crevice and your squad runs around mindlessly, then you have to traverse the entire map to get back to the objective. Blah!
    All of these seems fixable, but if things don't improve, this is a $20 bargain bin title to me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Open Beta on February 23rd
    Today, Ubisoft announced that the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands Open Beta will be available to all players from February 23rd to 27th, 2017, on current-gen consoles and PC. Players eager to jump into the Ghost’s boots and tame the Wildlands will be able to pre-load the Open Beta starting this Monday, February 20th, 2017.

Each player entering this Open Beta will get access to an exclusive mission – the “Unidad Conspiracy” mission, in which players will spark a war between the Unidad, a local corrupt militia group, and the Santa Blanca cartel – by playing the full game before March 31st, using the same Ubisoft account.

The Open Beta will introduce players to two provinces among the 21 of the final game: Itacua, a flourishing and mountainous province where the grip of the cartel is looser, ideal to perfect your sniping skills and get introduced to the Wildlands. Montuyoc, set in the snowy Altiplano, and the second province available in this Open Beta, is much more challenging – players who have suppressed the Itacua bosses will gain XP and skills boosts allowing them to face this dangerous area, home to Santa Blanca elite training centers. Players can of course confront Montuyoc right away… at their own risk.

As in the full game, all the content in the Open Beta will be playable with up to three friends on the same platform via four player co-op, or in single player. Players are free to utilise a large variety of vehicles, tactical equipment and weapons to get the job done.

Set in the largest action-adventure open world ever created by Ubisoft, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands takes place in Bolivia, a few years from now, as the country has been turned by the vicious Santa Blanca drug cartel into a narco-state. Players are tasked with eliminating the cartel by any means necessary. The massive and responsive open world encourages a variety of playstyles, allowing players the freedom to choose how they execute any and all missions.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Open beta contains basically the entire game data and weighs in at about 40GB. The closed beta was just under 20GB and had most of the game data, but you couldn't go beyond the starting region.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    You can send in a handful of rebels to attack, but as soon as they're wiped out, the enemy knows exactly where you are.
    Out of everything I had complained about from the Closed Beta, this was the only thing that was fixed in the Open Beta. You still get the audio cues from your squad, but the enemy only searches the area that the rebels attacked.

Also, the second part's level 5 difficulty seems like they just throw more mobs at everything.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

why ya'll hatin on the division so much =/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Season Pass details
    • One week early access to two major expansions:
      • Narco Road: Players will infiltrate a gang of smugglers and take part in crazy races and challenges to earn their infamous leader’s trust and destroy them from the inside. Gamers will be able to meet new bosses and travel the wildlands in new vehicles.
      • Fallen Ghosts: During an evacuation mission, the Ghosts’ chopper is shot down and the squad will need to adapt as they’re tracked down by an elite group of ruthless mercenaries. Players will fight a new powerful enemy, learn new skills and unlock weapons to complete their mission.
    • The Unidad Conspiracy missions: Players will work to break down and destabilize the alliance between Santa Blanca and Unidad in the Media Luna province.
    • The Peruvian Connection pack: Players will be able to play through the Peruvian Connection mission as well as receive seven gear patches
    • Faction themed equipment packs
      • Rebellion Ghost Pack: Players can don an outfit inspired by the brave Katari 26 rebels. They will also unlock a unique AK-47 equipped with a bigger magazine and customized with unique engraving work.
      • Unidad Ghost Pack: Players dominate enemies with an Unidad outfit so they can attack Unidad camps dressed just like one of them. They will also unlock a unique Unidad LMG weapon, customized with the colors of Unidad, and equipped with a red dot scope and a larger magazine.
      • Santa Blanca Ghost Pack: With a Santa Blanca-inspired outfit, players can mimic their style without joining their ranks. This pack also unlocks the Santa Blanca golden M1911, customized with engravings and the mark of the cartel, for players to unleash chaos on the cartel.
    • Exclusive vehicle: Bolivian Minibus
    • Digital content
      • Permanent +5% XP booster for the player
      • Single-use short XP booster: +50% XP for the player and +25% XP for other players in the session, expires two hours from time of use.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Bolivia files an Official Complaint to France, Threatens Legal Action against Ubisoft for the country's portrayal
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-bo...-idUSKBN1692PK

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    6souls was good enough to invite me to the beta. First impression is that this is a nondescript shooter with driving elements. Team AI is hideous. Enemy AI is alright. Driving is not real good. Game is ok but ok isn't going to make me look past how bad Ubisoft butchered the Division to the point where I'm plunking down 60 bucks.
    Team AI is ridicilous, we can agree on that. I expected far much more.
    Enemy AI is ok, comparing to Team AI however I have found some illogical situations with enemy as well, wouldn't say it is great.
    Driving - I dont know how you played this, what machine, what commands etc...because I've had very good driving experience. Not excellent but very good. At the end this shouldnt be primarily driving game, therefore, I would give B- for driving

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So the Gold edition perks didn't show up for people. The folks that bought the collector's edition off the Uplay store got all the extra items save one. The fucking game lmao. People just paid for overnight shipping expecting they would get the game, and then didn't get it. I love how incompetent Ubisoft is. It's amazing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

is it good tho

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    is it good tho
    I thought it was crap. 3rd person Farcry with shitty AI teammates, shitty driving mechanics, shitty flight mechanics.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Played a bit, pretty disasterrific. Just another banal Ubisoft "open world sandbox" (lol) game with a new coat of paint and added shitassery via team mates and an even worse than usual storyline. It does have some minor improvements over other Ubisoft "sandboxes", but if you aren't in to those already then this one won't change your mind.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I saw on yuplay.com the game was only 1700 rubles but I never know if the key will work

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Just did the opening mission. Driving and flying will take some time to get used to. Can't say anything for graphics because right now I'm having to run a RX 460 2GB at 1080p with all settings on low. The low fps could also factor into the driving. I like it for what it is, but I like just about anything crime related. I have to mention though, this was free from buying a gpu.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Just did the opening mission. Driving and flying will take some time to get used to. Can't say anything for graphics because right now I'm having to run a RX 460 2GB at 1080p with all settings on low. The low fps could also factor into the driving. I like it for what it is, but I like just about anything crime related. I have to mention though, this was free from buying a gpu.
    You overpaid.