Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post
    So I'm starting to find the game pretty annoying for a couple reasons:

Finding fucking anything takes me 10 times longer than it should because:

There's not a god damned flash light in the game, so when it's nighttime I can't see pathways or rockfaces or areas I'm supposed to go/jump to get anywhere.
    There's not a god damned minimap, so I'm just constantly tabbing between.

For instance, I'm looking for a vantage point, and I see a tall building, I spent 10 minutes inside and around it just jumping against the wall trying to find a hand hook, and half the time when I do it doesnt go anywhere. So I don't know if I'm just not jumping in the right direction, or whether I'm in the wrong place.

Finding metal flowers/ancient vessels, and navigating ruins is just a huge pain in the ass because of this.
    These were some of my nitpicks with the game, as well. Night time was good if you were trying to sneak somewhere, which makes sense, but a pain in the ass if you were trying to find something, which also makes sense. But realism doesn't always make for fun game play. One simple fix I would suggest is that the save campfires could give you the option to switch between day and night, depending on what you want to do. A minimap also would have been nice.

There was really only time I remember trying to find a vantage at a high point which I had the climbing issues with. Somewhere near the far east end of the map, you had to jump up the inside of a building (which I think had Sawtooths in it originally), and that was a pain in the ass. I had to kill some time until morning on that, and even then it was tricky, as the handholds were not immediately obvious at all. That was a rare exception for me, though. I do remember another time or two later in the game where I was trying to climb up a cliff and had some difficulty finding the next handhold (or finding the first one off the ground), but it was much easier. I had trouble finding one flower, and was jumping in and out of buildings, and trying to climb things that couldn't be found, but eventually I realized that the radius the flower could be in actually clipped the opposite side of a river on the very edge, and that's where the flower was.

Your concerns, most of which I had fairly early on, faded later in the game for me. Whether it was because I was getting better at the game (or at least more understanding how the game works), or it got easier, or I just got used to it, I don't know.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Cool. I just ordered the guide, for the simple point of not having to walk around the map bubbles for 10-20 minutes each time searching for fucking cups.

Are there any downsides to shooting off components btw? Does it reduce loot I'll get? Been playing with tearblast arrows and man they devastate things.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Doesn't reduce loot, just knocks it off so you find it scattered around instead of all on the machine. Tearblasting is the best for crippling things like the Ravagers, also for knocking heavy weapons off and taking them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Doesn't reduce loot, just knocks it off so you find it scattered around instead of all on the machine. Tearblasting is the best for crippling things like the Ravagers, also for knocking heavy weapons off and taking them.
    It's also the best way to take down Thunderjaws. Tear the heavy weapons off their back, pick them up, and shoot them with them. It won't kill them straight up, but it will take a healthy chunk of their health off.

BG Level

Once I got the super armor I disarmed one as much as I could and then ran in and beat it to death.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Cool beans. One more question: Once I've set something on fire, is there any point to shoot it with more fire arrows (before the "on fire" status has worn off)? Does it add more to the DoT? Or am I better off shooting other arrows/working on weakspots/components while its burning?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Afaik the second. Unless you're targeting a weak point with its specific elemental weakness, there's no point in adding more of a status effect while it's currently applied.

BG Level

Fire arrows do stack, but only to a point.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Frozen Wilds DLC

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Can't go wrong with more Aloy!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Frozen Wilds will launch November 7, three months from today.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Definitely in for another round of HZ.

So I’ve got a standard PS4, any reason to upgrade to a Pro? If I do, is there a chance of another PS4 refresh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Shit I still need to work on this game. It's fantastic, I just suck at having the attention span for games these days (aka the last 5 years, getting older sucks)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Frozen Wilds gameplay
    With the launch of The Frozen Wilds approaching faster than a charging Thunderjaw, we’re extremely excited to share gameplay footage of the brand-new expansion for Horizon Zero Dawn with you. In the video, Guerrilla Principal Quest Designer Tim Stobo and Quest Designer Blake Rebouche demonstrate one of the quests from the expansion called The Survivor.

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds takes place in the Cut, an icy wasteland where clans of the Banuk tribe known as Weraks seek to prove their worth against the elements and the machines. At the start of the quest Aloy meets with the Chieftain of the White Teeth Werak, who informs her that two White Teeth hunters have gone missing. Aloy decides to investigate their fate — and in the process, crosses paths with a dangerous new machine…

Horizon Zero Dawn veterans will want to keep an eye out for a few things in this new footage. First of all, you’ll notice new weather effects in the Cut. We really wanted to bring across how bitter and relentless the cold is through the dynamic nature of the wind and snow particles, and the way in which they can affect visibility. Additional immersion comes from the interaction between the characters and the deformable layer of fallen snow.

Also, if you see Aloy doing something you don’t remember her being capable of in the main game, that’s probably because she has new skills she can learn as she levels up. Discovering and unlocking those skills will be greatly satisfying for players who hit the level cap in Horizon Zero Dawn and craved more room to grow.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do these characters not care about getting frostbites out in that weather?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Olde thread bump:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...84242857877505

Kotaku, take with a grain of salt, etc. if you scroll down the thread a couple of posts he says that he doesn't think this will be the only Playstation exclusive coming to PC.

God of War PC pls.

Even more than God of War I want Bloodborne on PC, but this is really interesting from Sony none the less.