♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yea, the ending credits on true end.... I was not expecting that at all, couldn't stop laughing.

I started playing again after my break to try and grind for some of the trophies, and man, I didn't think getting to lv99 would take so damn long. I'm getting close now, but at the same time, I am lvling other mirages too for the most grindy trophy, but still kinda thought I'd be 99 long time ago.

The post game dungeons are pretty short sadly, nothing special, either. You get a exp boost mirajewel at the beginning of one of them, but the boost is incredibly small, seems to be around 5%.

Yeah I know this is a game I will have to platinum and I'm not looking forward to the complete 100 mirage board one. Oh well, there's still plenty of actual post game stuff for me to do before that grind.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    You can get both Shiva and Ifrit early on from coliseum. Doing a few coliseum fights will unlock their fight. You won't be able to win normally at the level you can do it as, but they have easy imprism triggers, so just keep going at it till you catch them. Besides those and Magitek/Giant/Rightclaw/Valefor, I don't remember what other Ls you can get early on. Valefor you can catch itself too in coliseum in one of the lv14 fights I think, but I don't remember imprism trigger.
    Weird, I imprism'd that on the first try Ifrit but when I died I didn't get to keep it and still had my prism.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

By winning the fight I mean through actually killing it. I don't remember fighting them solo. I know I had to fight both Shiva and Ifrit at same time, and to get them both, I had to imprism them both in the same fight.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Yeah I know this is a game I will have to platinum and I'm not looking forward to the complete 100 mirage board one. Oh well, there's still plenty of actual post game stuff for me to do before that grind.
    Just got mine now, took about 7 hours, about an hourish of that was downtime/afking, can definitely be done in about 6hours. I ended up getting lv99 on Lann and Reynn about 8 mirages before I hit 100. Grinded them to 100 without going for the trophy can be done much quicker though.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

By winning the fight I mean through actually killing it. I don't remember fighting them solo. I know I had to fight both Shiva and Ifrit at same time, and to get them both, I had to imprism them both in the same fight.
    Ah, yeah I meant I imprism'd Ifrit and Shiva killed me after. I thought if I was gonna die (taking 60% damage with every hit at like level 10 lol) then I should just try to catch one and see if it sticks.

On Chapter 7? now, just got 2nd champion. It's funny that the common comparison is to Pokemon because if anything this game is channeling Persona / Shin Megami Tensei real hard. Which is not a bad thing in the slightest.

How were the mini games? I haven't started them yet but I hear some can be a headache.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Cactrot one sucks, pretty much rng based. Blitzball one is easy, only need a score of 3k, cactrot one needs 5k which makes it god awful. Terra's mini game most hate, but only real issue with it is that you need to do the intervention one within 20 turns to get Maduin Momento. The actual mini game trophy you only need to win 10 times I believe, which isn't too bad, its the last mini game trophy I need but too lazy to do it. The Lightning one is the easiest, have to finish within a minute.

I'm pretty close to finishing, but I do have a bunch of side quests to do still and there's around 80 total. My Mirage manual is near 100%, and I got about 15 coliseum fights left. The chest trophy definitely sucks, some of the damn chests are hidden in spots that you completely can't see.

Cactrot one sucks, pretty much rng based. Blitzball one is easy, only need a score of 3k, cactrot one needs 5k which makes it god awful. Terra's mini game most hate, but only real issue with it is that you need to do the intervention one within 20 turns to get Maduin Momento. The actual mini game trophy you only need to win 10 times I believe, which isn't too bad, its the last mini game trophy I need but too lazy to do it. The Lightning one is the easiest, have to finish within a minute.

I'm pretty close to finishing, but I do have a bunch of side quests to do still and there's around 80 total. My Mirage manual is near 100%, and I got about 15 coliseum fights left. The chest trophy definitely sucks, some of the damn chests are hidden in spots that you completely can't see.
    Apparently there's one where you have to
    Spoiler: show
    ring a bell on a ghost ship in the correct order to make it spawn

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Apparently there's one where you have to
    ring a bell on a ghost ship in the correct order to make it spawn
    That's not a mini game, all that does is unlock the secret area there for the chest/secret trophy incase you don't have that area still. There's only 4 mini-games, which you can all do in the twin's room. You can't do the desert sandstorm mini game in the twins room if you still need Maduin Memento as you can only get that one doing the mini game through the intervention.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Does the game have multiple savefile capability? Urge to play again has been strong. I don't remember being able to select a slot or anything.

Am I gonna have to nuke my save to play again? qq

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I'm gonna start playing this on friday when i get my PS4 pro

If i want to platinum this can i do it in 1 game or this require multiple runs?

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    Does the game have multiple savefile capability? Urge to play again has been strong. I don't remember being able to select a slot or anything.

Am I gonna have to nuke my save to play again? qq
    Yup, no multiple save slots. Probably only way around it is uploading one save to cloud/usb or something, and then deleting, then I guess can keep the new save on w/e you didn't use for old one to swap back and forth between them without losing both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I'm gonna start playing this on friday when i get my PS4 pro

If i want to platinum this can i do it in 1 game or this require multiple runs?
    There's no NG+, and nothing is missable beside one slight thing which isn't related to any trophies.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ok thanks

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pre-ordered a PS4 Pro last week and waiting for it to get released on Friday. I've been wondering about this game. Is it worth getting or should I skip it and just wait for FF15?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's way more fun than it has any right to be.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yup. The game turned out to be far more enjoyable than I imagined. If anything, I'd play this to pass time till FFXV. I'm not getting hyped like most for it though incase it does end up being a disappointment.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

100% worth it. Every penny. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a long ass time.

Very few complaints. Those being slow-ish combat (it has a fast forward feature), and only one save file. The Knight in the Golden Mask is potentially my favorite bad guy since ever. He also has some of my favorite dialogue. Seriously, don't miss this game.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I love how they just blend entire settings/universes together at times. Ch14...

Underneath Figaro with Magiteks everywhere, going for a Mako reactor, while running down what's basically the ff8 desert prison with appropriate music, stripped "equipment", and Squall. I didn't think I could be any more on board with this game.

If I have one complaint it's that so far I don't feel very challenged at all for stuff that's not clearly over your level. The last like 4-5 locations have all been pretty easy to just exploit elemental weaknesses > take shit for damage > faceroll. Once I started making sure I had coverage of all elements via blank spaces, everything outside of big HP sponge enemies became very easy. Still a fantastic game and I fully expect some hard optional fights.

edit: Does physical/status ever become really nice to have aside from certain catch conditions? I feel like exploiting elementals is just king especially given you get 1AP back for hitting weaknesses.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

This requires multiple memory sticks, but you can have multiple saves that way and make sure you turn off cross-save. (I play it on the Vita.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast