FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    So in this case

Everything that i learn from Babyhemoth will be carried over to Behemoth or ??? exept Horn?

Question about Arma stone, are they as 'low' to get as the game says?

I used 2 to buy the WOL medal, i can now access the Refia medal, can i get every medal and do all the intervention missions? or do i really need to chose careful and not waste my arma gems?
    Yeah, everything bur Horn carries over. Anything white on evolved forms can also be used on previous forms, so learning Cornered Beast on Behemonster allows you to use it on Babybehemoth.

As Nep says, you'll have enough to get all medals + do all interventions, near the end of the game, the game shits out a bunch of gems anyway to the point where you'll have some left over. I personally prefer doing all interventions first before buying a bunch of medals, I only bought useful medals or medals of heroes' themes I wanted for battle. I really loved how they made each medal give a different battle theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Holy crap, I just fought Faris and she annihilated me, lol. That Thunder move she used with Syldra did 1100+ damage to everyone. Is it actually possible to be strong enough to beat her? Because that move seemed pretty insane.
    No clue if its possible, probably could be with a ton of grinding in nebula cave, as no other area gives as much exp as it does before then.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Still about he transfigurations again

Do a mirage goes back to level 1 when you level it? Or it keeps the same level it was?

I'm wondering cuz a mix maxer it worries me about skipping abilities

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They keep the level always.

If you move them to a new board type they will refund your ability points so you can spend them on the new boards.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

No, mirages don't go back to level 1. You can't permanently miss out on anything on the board. Some mirages cap out(lvl wise), earlier than others. When you learn all skills across all mirage boards, you get a mastery bonus which you can choose a extra perk, can't change it though. You won't be mastering anything till much later though, as most things cap out around lv50-65ish.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

You can't really miss anything.

So for instance, if you level a babyhemoth into a behemonster, that behemonster will have all the SP it gained from the prior transmog. If I took a babyhemoth with 52 used SP and transmogged it into behemonster, it would regain that SP for it's new form and have 52SP toward it's board. You can go back to babyhemoth and keep everything it had prior to transmog. It just requires a lot of swapping around in your prism case to max each tree. That's how you get mastery 100%. Maxing every board for any single monster's family.

tl;dr You can always go back without any progress lost. It allows you to level one monster if you want, without having to worry about transmogging and re-doing all of the SP. 52 SP is 52 SP for that monster, period. All forms gain it. Even if they aren't unlocked yet.

I didn't even realize that until like chapter 20 myself. ' - .

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    You can't really miss anything.

So for instance, if you level a babyhemoth into a behemonster, that behemonster will have all the SP it gained from the prior transmog. If I took a babyhemoth with 52 used SP and transmogged it into behemonster, it would regain that SP for it's new form and have 52SP toward it's board. You can go back to babyhemoth and keep everything it had prior to transmog. It just requires a lot of swapping around in your prism case to max each tree. That's how you get mastery 100%. Maxing every board for any single monster's family.

tl;dr You can always go back without any progress lost.
    So then I can just max exemple babyhemoth then transmog it, it will keep everything except green and then get all his sp back that I can use on Bebemoth with all the baby skills he learned

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, it was really like the the only thing she used. Normal > thunder attack > thunder attack twice in a row. 1st one killed Reyn, and took Lann low. I healed up Lann than she finished him off the next turn with a second thunder attack. It was pretty one-sided for me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    So then I can just max exemple babyhemoth then transmog it, it will keep everything except green and then get all his sp back that I can use on Bebemoth with all the baby skills he learned
    Correct!

This is also why creating a Shiva from Bablizz is stronger than capturing Shiva from the story. She's locked to only her board, where Bablizz has like fucking 5 boards to go through. Makes her crazy strong from carrying everything over. Those 1-board only mons usually have a star next to their name.

Sadly, it also makes some useless/weak. Like Quacho Queen, who I really wanted to use. But she doesn't have a lesser form with more boards to build up to her like Zapt, Bablizz, etc. If I remember right, anyway. I don't remember seeing her built out of Quachos.

edit: nvm. Quacho building time. She does come from Quacho as a base. That said, the story captured monsters are still useless sadly.

edit edit: I was also mistaken about SP carrying over. It only carries over when you change families at the mirage case. So 52 SP Bablizz transmogged to a Brrblizz, would retain/regain that SP because it's changing it's family/boards.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I went through most of the game (just met Tidus) with, once I got large monsters:
    Bablizz - Reyn - whatever (Valefor, Mega Sharqual, Magitek have all served here);
    at times, Bablizz - Cockatrice - Reyn
    and Sylph - Lann - Mythril Giant

Eventually I subbed out Sylph, moved Bablizz to Lann, and have Reyn a White Nakk that had spent time as a Cerberus so it had aoe ice and thunder. Mythril Giant himself is kind of meh later on but Victory Charge is convenient and I have yet to have another Smash mirage.

Hitting elemental weaks is really a big deal since even the base 3AP spells will almost pay for itself against a weakness target, and aoe magic is highly convenient. Whichever "baby" summon you get is always a good pick just because of that.

Every mirage board "set" always has one form that has a mirajewel and one that has its own prism. Any time you have filler slots in your team I'd always be training something that will evolve into aoe magic (Blaze IceStorm Thunderbolt) or something that either has an elemental mirajewel on its board or something that can transfigure close to my level (so I can see if it has a mirajewel on the next board).

tldr, really its Persona hit the weak points for massive damage.

Also not that I've tried multiplayer but some people were reporting having issues with setting mastery'd monsters on their online teams, like it thinks they're illegal. Anyone confirm/deny?

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Haven't tried Online yet so can't confirm. The babies are way too strong, but at the same time, only mirages that require a insane lvl to fully max out(just goes to show even more just how OP they are). You can also combine certain spells/skills to get the higher ups as well, like Thunderbolt/Ice Storm/Blaze, and even better, the -ga versions, but those will probably be overkill still for awhile.

I regret not using some of the magitek tree when I came across them, that battery powered skill is insane for clearing random encounters as it gives you full ap every battle, and lowers the cost of spells/skills by 1AP as well. At least I got some use out of it endgame still. Makes me glad I ended up lvling 2 searchers for gravity, since they can transfig into the magitek as well.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Death Searcher are just insane. Death+Gravity combo carried me through so many difficult encounters. Used those for the endgame climb in ex dungeons. Without it, I got fucked by pretty much everything. Especially the Morbols. I ended up getting Death seeds just so I'd always have it. Too good for stacks.

postgame spoiler
    Spoiler: show
    Just killed XG... I didn't think they were gonna let me use him too. Shit. The mirage entry for him is great. "We even got you-know-who to design him".

Shame he doesn't seem to get Joyride. Shame XLs aren't too useful, although I haven't done any coliseum content yet. Maybe there.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Holy crap, I just fought Faris and she annihilated me, lol. That Thunder move she used with Syldra did 1100+ damage to everyone. Is it actually possible to be strong enough to beat her? Because that move seemed pretty insane.
    I read it's scripted. Even if you manage to get Syldra down to 1% she stops taking damage and does that thunder move 3 times back to back.

BG Level

Hi Me again with other stupid questions about Skills and Transfig and Trophies

1) When you guys says that getting Bablizz then evolving to mishiva is better then capturing mishiva, is it really true? What i mean is if you can transfig back and forth easily. in time if you capture midtransfig, in this end they will be as strong as if you got them from when they were first evolution no?

2) Is it worthwhile having more then 1 of the same monster? I mean if the board gives you prism i'm assuming there's a goal? Like do you need more then 1 of the same monster if we want some trophies?

3) This is the same question as 2 mostly, aka can you get all trophies with just 1 monster of the same line?

Thanks

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You have to master 100 mirage boards but not EVERY mirage's board.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Regarding 2, kind of but not really. Midgame there's some potential reason for different versions of the same tree if only for taking different paths and prioritizing different skills/stats. Endgame it's obviously less important since you just have everything unlocked anyways. Whether that's worth the time to train two different monsters is up to you.

BG Level

Just wiped the first time in figaro castle prison

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

magitek armor is worth getting two of. i can't remember the passive but you recharge ap every fight. good for using ap to repeatedly one/two shot enemies

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by fliprock View Post
    magitek armor is worth getting two of. i can't remember the passive but you recharge ap every fight. good for using ap to repeatedly one/two shot enemies
    Also, a trophy.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by fliprock View Post
    I had 2 because I wanted one without Battery-Powered. I found it really inconvenient for long fights/bosses.

BG Level

Man, i was stupid

Chapter 15
    Spoiler: show
    Got my powers back but forgot to check Prism case so did the whole mako reactor with 2x searcher and 2x Magiteck Armor, that wasn't too bad

Get to Vivi Boss fight and kill all the minis, then hit vivi twice and i could try to imprism him that triggered the CS lol