+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Holy Shit, I just went through the Sunken Temple and found my physical mirage for Lann's S mirage. Baby Tonberry on his own was meh, but I just saw the trees for Tonberry and Tonberry King that it's attached to.... all the Critcal +, enhanced criticals, and STR+ would make Behemoth ridunculous..... even has Critical AP Hike as a bonus lol. Looks like I need to start leveling my Baby Tonberry. XD

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I've been doing the same. Making sure to catch every Mirage I come across. Only one I've been having issues with is Cactuar. I encountered him once in the Pyre Forest there and have not seen him again. Little annoyed at that.

Anytime I catch a group of 4 or more mirages, I go to that spot in the Nebula where you encounter high level mobs, level the new ones up to 25, and go on. I just got to low seas so I haven't really found a kickass combo yet for mirages. Been a huge fan of using Valefor and Holy Dragon. Outside of that, I've just been switching up S and M mirages. I like using Zapt and Mishiva together. Those fucking random sharks though with the Minimantoises are a pain. They take so little dmg and have so much HP.
    A little tip if your going to try to catch as many mirages as possible, keep Right Claw on hand in the later dungeons. His "No Escape" ability helps a lot. In later dungeons the game likes to give a lot more of the mirages the ability to flee if you try and fail to imprism them. It's annoying as hell.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I just realized that I can make them go super saiyan them for an easier catch.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I just realized that I can make them go super saiyan them for an easier catch.
    You can... but it's still not 100%. All it takes is one turn after you miss the attempt and WHOOSH... they skidaddle. It will get on your nerves fast.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

What's this super saiyan thing you're talking about?

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Some of them, when you hit them multiple times with their weakness. That little aura grows and they become easier to catch. Example, something needs to be Cured. If you cure it multiple times before imprisming, you'll see it grow and basically go Super Saiyan. Its really the easiest way to explain the effect.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Each Imprism attempt increases the chances, too.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Cool, thanks!

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Was there much in the way of missable stuff in this game? I've been taking it slowly (was working on Dragon Quest Builders, but close to 100%ing it and wrapping that up), but slowly getting back into this more.

Also the game still has no fucking right to be as decent as it is. Just wish the framerate on Vita wasn't atrocious still given how technically simple it is, but it suits the handheld perfectly otherwise.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

There's only one true missable, but its not tied to trophies or anything, just some small extra dialogue from winning a one time intervene fight compared to losing. It's the only intervention you can't repeat, and to even win it you pretty much have to scum it with gravity.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Which 1 is it so I can be on the lookout for it?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Man, I'm really loving this Zapt/Princess Flan combo. At LVL. 60 Reyn's Magic is sitting at 825, and I just unlocked Faith with her too. Her spells hit like a truck right now.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Which 1 is it so I can be on the lookout for it?
    I don't remember the exact name anymore since I can't go back and check but its the Sunken Temple Intervene. You can pretty much just save it instead of doing right away I believe, I did it right away, but I just happened to have 2 OP Death Searchers on hand for gravity spam luckily. One Dearth Searcher(or anything else with Gravity, for the few others who have it), can work, but it'll take a bit longer. 2 Mirages with Gravity will speed the fight up.

The reason for needing gravity is because all your hits will do such small damage, like around 100-300ish, even if buffed, and she has has like 300/400k hp or something close to it, so only way possible of killing her without spending forever is Gravity spam.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Oh you can win? I just died and pass next to it

Just saw a video on youtube, only difference i see is you gain 100k EXP

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ya, can win that fight, with the use of Gravity. I remember the dialogue being slightly different too but I could've just been going crazy.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Watched the Winning CS on Youtube, seemed the same

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Is there a way to see what spells and abilities stacks give you outside of combat? I feel like there is and I'm just so stupid that I'm missing it completely

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is there a way to see what spells and abilities stacks give you outside of combat? I feel like there is and I'm just so stupid that I'm missing it completely
    Go to "Abilities" and hit the "Options" button to see "Stacked Abilities".

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Have never noticed that. Thank you.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Holy shit, I just did the Omega God fight while going through a bunch of miniventures. At 65 is was a really tough fight... I used both my megalixers and a couple of elixers, and a handful of x-potions just to get through the fight. Almost caught me off guard, all the other miniventures up to that point were getting raped... only thing that really did any decent damage was Holy for like 3400.... WITH Faith up lol.

I 1/1'd it, but it was rough. Are there any other fights harder than that one?