+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

So, what has been peoples top mirages and top stacks to use? Are people being mini for the L use, or staying Jiant?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    So, what has been peoples top mirages and top stacks to use? Are people being mini for the L use, or staying Jiant?
    Depends on what you have access too. I like to keep a balance, I focus Reyn on magic damage, and Lann on physical. Currently I'm using:

S- Zapt M- Flan Princess L- Reyn
    S- Baby Tonberry M- Lann - L- Behemoth

Reyn is actually a powerhouse right now, she has access to a mutitude of spells, including Cura(just in case) and Faith and destroys anything she touches. Holy and Flare are unbelievably strong.
    Lann crits A LOT with those two mirages and counters a lot. Sometimes it can be a pain in the ass when trying to catch something. But when I'm just mowing through shit he plows through trash like a bulldozer.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I've hooked Reyn up with the magical shit. She's awesome and does great crowd control and anyhting with an Elemantal weakness. My problem is trying to figure out Lan and what Mirages I like on him for Physical shit.

I really like the Pale Tonberry but I just can't figure out anything good for M or L.

I can't even look at Mirages and experiment right now. I just got abducted and don't have access to my Prisms lol. I think I read on here that Magitek armor is really good? If it is, that might be Lans L.
    And I was really liking Golden Mimic, dude has "Death" and for being lazy and just destroying annoying shit. It works wonders. Those Minimantoises with 5k Hp and take 100 per phys attack and 300 per magic. I deathed those fuckers easy.

I don't fucking know, I'll just try to figure it out

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Still mainly up to you what you wanna use. In post game, you don't even have to use Reynn or Lann, but I stuck with using them still. Jiant vs Lili form is mainly preference, I stuck with Lili throughout the whole game since that was my preference. I liked the majority of Large Mirages which is why I stuck with that(Shiva is <3).

There's a decent amount of hard hitting setups, but the more popular ones tend to involve Shiva/Zapt(or a mix between the family), Death Searches(insane high magic + most OP spell in the game, can swap them to Magitek for trash clearing as they're the best at doing it, wouldn't use on anything else), The Crit/Tonberry setup involving stacked crits + Knife(or abusing Grudges). Behemoth type setup can work too, as well as a meteor setup, but I think in terms of best DPS, the Knife/Meteor setup would come out on top, probably Mimic can be on par too with armor piercing skill it has.

Shiva + Zapt, or Ramuh + Bablizz, or however you wanna setup the ice + thunder setup, is just too good of a magic stack to pass up, possibly even the best in the game from beginning to end + post game.

Just going through the game is already pretty easy, no matter what you use, it isn't till true end boss and post game where you may consider changing your stacks around to something a bit better. As I said though, Shiva + Zapt(or a mix), will work for literally the whole game. I used what I liked or wanted the whole game + post game, just some of the stuff I liked ended up being some of the best overall.

If there's any mirage I'd advise against using would be Death Searcher if you want the game to at least have some challenge still, as Death Searcher will pretty much eliminate any of that due to being way too strong.

Regarding things besides Omega God, I guess there's always
    Spoiler: show
    XG
    . I don't remember any of the high end coliseum fights being remotely close to difficult.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

For those that care, after you get the airship, never noticed until now, but you can fly around the map area with it. There are also 3 LVL. 60 Murkrifts randomly around the map screen, each has a version of the baby elementals that you get at the beginning for capture. Bablizz, Zapt, and Fritt.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Just got the true ending

That credit roll lol

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Picked this up for 35 at black friday. Good gayme?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Yeah much more fun the. I expected

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Picked this up for 35 at black friday. Good gayme?
    Don't take it too seriously and you'll enjoy it. It's really a nostalgic FF throwback.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Just got the true ending

That credit roll lol
    I'm almost there, that last boss is an asshole. I got him to like 5%, than wiped. -_-; I still need to go back for a retry.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How do people imprism Master Cactuar, only evasion down debuff I can find is Deep Freeze from Shivalry but he has 125 resistance to ice and I can't get it to land....

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Another thing... I think it's kind of stupid that the XG fight is actually easier than the final boss.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The Bats and Vampires have evasion down IIRC

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, I just found out there is another missable... (unless you wanna pay for Playstation +). The Maduin Memento(which gives you access to tranfigure Titan into Maduin) you get for getting a perfect score on Terra's minigame. BUT, you only get it for doing this DURING the intervention quest. You don't get anything for getting a perfect score playing it as a minigame in the Twins' room. You can trade with a character who already has it to unlock it. But only if you have Playstation +, which incurs a monthly fee. -_-; I guess I'm stuck at 99% on my mirage manual now... because I don't want Playstation +....

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

That's not missable... You can repeat that intervention over and over, and you don't need to be perfect, there's room for error but not much.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    That's not missable... You can repeat that intervention over and over, and you don't need to be perfect, there's room for error but not much.
    Oh shit, really? How do you play that game anyway? It was really hard to understand. I just ended up hitting random spots and getting resist on every hit. It's really weird.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Sadly I don't know how to explain it that well, but its kinda like Minesweeper to me. You have to do it within 20 turns to get the Momento, that's counting yours + enemies, so in reality you have 10 turns, meaning out of that 10, you can only move/miss up to a total of 4. If you fuck up more than 4 times just restart and try again. You'll eventually get the hang of how it works after some trial and error, and once you do the minigame becomes kinda fun.

Wouldn't be surprised if people came up with more failproof methods to increase chances of winning. Putting Terra in Middle, Shelke in Top Middle(2 above Terra), and Vivi at Bottom Middle(2 Below Terra), is what I had the most success with. A triangle like formation would probably be pretty good too, then after that just learning how enemies attack, those squares you see when enemies attack means they're in one of those 8 squares, or something like that. Enemies will also move too which can help pinpoint them based off how they move as they tend to only move closer to one of your members or away from them if you manage to hit them before they hit you.

Once you learn how enemies attack and taking into consideration of the 8 square thing it'll help you pinpoint which of the square they're in much easier. I'm gonig off memory here so some of this could be wrong. I tend to forget some things fairly quick despite just recently doing it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Sadly I don't know how to explain it that well, but its kinda like Minesweeper to me. You have to do it within 20 turns to get the Momento, that's counting yours + enemies, so in reality you have 10 turns, meaning out of that 10, you can only move/miss up to a total of 4. If you fuck up more than 4 times just restart and try again. You'll eventually get the hang of how it works after some trial and error, and once you do the minigame becomes kinda fun.

Wouldn't be surprised if people came up with more failproof methods to increase chances of winning. Putting Terra in Middle, Shelke in Top Middle(2 above Terra), and Vivi at Bottom Middle(2 Below Terra), is what I had the most success with. A triangle like formation would probably be pretty good too, then after that just learning how enemies attack, those squares you see when enemies attack means they're in one of those 8 squares, or something like that. Enemies will also move too which can help pinpoint them based off how they move as they tend to only move closer to one of your members or away from them if you manage to hit them before they hit you.

Once you learn how enemies attack and taking into consideration of the 8 square thing it'll help you pinpoint which of the square they're in much easier. I'm gonig off memory here so some of this could be wrong. I tend to forget some things fairly quick despite just recently doing it.
    Got it on my 3rd try!! Maduin: O yay!!! MIrage manual at 99% now just missing Ultima fromt he coliseum!. :D

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Nice, grats :D

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Trying to finish off my quests, I'm doing this quest that wants me to kill 6 MINOTAURs. so far I have killed MINOTAURs in The Ends of Grymoire, SISTERTAURs in The Crystal Tower, and BROTHERTAURs in The Big Bridge and none of them counted. What does this quest want me to kill, lol?