Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm only a couple hours in but am I right in thinking that the only point to changing monster sizes is their form-unique (green) abilities, and size for stacking?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

There are also slight stat changes, but primarily that, yes.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Wrong thread
    Was posting quick from my phone while on the way to work. Could have sworn I hit the "Advancilate Twins" thread. Must have fat-fingered this one by accident. My bad.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I really enjoy that you can use basically whatever combo you want in this game and have it work. I used magitech armor P (from the demo) because it has fire and ice beams which is a great combo. I did that so I could have zapp covering lightning and had a nice trifecta. With the magitech + behemoth for my large miragemons I like to keep the small versions of ramuh/shiva/ifrit on top of me while still completing their other boards to give them powered up spells.
    Yup. And with blank spaces, you can add/cover even more. The baby versions being so good is the reason I started to lvl 2 of them, due to me using the large forms too, or the gender bent versions. The baby versions are just far too good, and 4 mirage boards just make them even better. Easily makes them one of the best small mirages hands down.

Once you get the true ending, you can customize your stacks even more than before. I kinda wish they added this option during the main game though, and not after getting the true end >_>

Edit: Oh, another thing I noticed last night, the star version of mirages actually speak in battle, whereas non star doesn't. This makes me wanna use Star versions again, I miss Shiva's laughs and that dialogue on diamond dust.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Okay where do I get more of the baby dudes? I only have Bablizz or w/e

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The same area(secret area of nebula cave), besides the rifts near the end of the game. You need to learn the prism in the mirage board to catch another of the same.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh thats way too far for me then lol I just entered the icy region

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

You can catch them in Nebula Cave though, which is like the 2nd dungeon in the game. That's before Icy Region. It's also a good early game grinding spot, but it can easily leave you overleveled depending how long you stay there. You're gonna want to be around lv10+ though to actually stand a chance against the mobs in the cave, also need smash ability to the break the rock leading there, and the earliest to get that is to catch copper gnome in that same cave, lvl it to 10, evolve it into mithril giant, and learn smash on that. Also need flutter too, which is easy to get from the small like ahriman mirage in the same cave, too.

You can always go back to the cave later and catch one.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh huh. Guess I've never run into them. Will look again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Oh huh. Guess I've never run into them. Will look again.
    If you're willing to wait a bit when you get the dragons they have smash available like right away and are easy to capture. Also around that point you'll be at a level that will make the secret part of the cave easier but still gives good exp. Note though that the babies are pretty rare spawns in that part of the cave only. Make sure your map has the word secret in it to know you're in the right spot.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So the secret nebula cave has all the babies? I keep only finding bablizz and that's of course the one I chose.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

It does. Spawn rate is a bitch and then some. I really recommend avoiding doing it and waiting until you're "supposed to" encounter them. The game is honestly much better that way.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I've already gained too many levels and keep finding blizz only. Probably gonna move on. Plus I don't wanna replace my current people anyway

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Found fire guy in one of my last fights and he ran away instantly lol. That's 7 blizz, 1 fire, 0 thunder

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm enjoying this game much more than I thought I would.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Really wishing sometimes the party size was just a bit larger. Not that I use all of it but I'm never sure who should be riding the exp train in the sidelines. Only up to Chapter 5 so far though and not even level 10 so I don't know if this gets better.

Having a hard time giving up the Sylph you ger early on. Whisperwind is great in a magic-based stack.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Sideline experience gets both more important and more reasonable later on. I usually try to roll with 5-6 S, 2-3 M, 2-3 L, 1-2 XL. That way you're still using 8/12 of your roster, have an occasional XL to trot out, and still have backups soaking exp if they need to be swapped in because something I'm using is ineffective or a liability against whatever enemies are in the area.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Oh that's neat. So you don't get to carry over bonuses from "parallel" families but you instead have your own pool of SP for each family. Like my Red Cap can transfig to a Goblin and has a full set of points to spend in both, but just can't be both families at the same time. I can dig it.

I got the Copper Gnome -> Mythril Giant as my first L monster, ignoring the police magitek. Any other Ls I can get in the early game? Just hit level 11ish. I see Cockatric>V...... coming up, and didn't get a Right Claw the first time I saw it.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

You can get both Shiva and Ifrit early on from coliseum. Doing a few coliseum fights will unlock their fight. You won't be able to win normally at the level you can do it as, but they have easy imprism triggers, so just keep going at it till you catch them. Besides those and Magitek/Giant/Rightclaw/Valefor, I don't remember what other Ls you can get early on. Valefor you can catch itself too in coliseum in one of the lv14 fights I think, but I don't remember imprism trigger.

Jesus I didn't expect to like this game this much. I was at 25 hours yesterday and just beat it at 38 hours today.....

Also lolol at these ending credits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast