♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

In that same dungeon, before you get the CS with Ramuh, Shiva, and Ifrit, there's a path to the right, right before the save that's blocked off by a boulder. Once you learn the smash ability, you can break that and access an area that gives insane exp for how early you can access it, and on top of that, you encounter Zapt, Bablizz, and Fritt, which are basically the baby versions that can evolve into Ramuh/Shiva/Ifrit. The exp there ranges anywhere from like 5500-10800 I believe depending on the encounter. It's a extremely good early game grind spot if you don't mind being a bit overleveled early on, while getting chance at those baby versions.

If trying to grind out the baby versions without overleveling, just keep escaping battles till you finally encounter them, they're a bit rare compared to other mirages showing. I highly suggest having a mirage with the "No Escape" ability as they can run when you finally do encounter them. Their imprism trigger is hitting them with the element they're strong against, so bring either Thunder/Ice/Fire Mirage, or just buy items from Chocolina.

Earliest you can get Smash is by capturing a Copper Gnome from Death Nebula cave, lvl it to 10, evolve it into Mithril Giant, first skill the giant learns is smash.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'll have to try out that grind spot soon. There's also a way to get 45,000 exp once you're on Chapter 5. You need to do the 2 quests from the girl who forgot her name. Buy 4-5 flash bombs from chocolatte, then go back to Cornelia. The princess goblin will be in the field near the town and you can challenge her. Use the flash bombs to trigger her prismtunity and pray you capture her before she kills your guys. Took me from level 11 to 19.

One of the items I got that was sitting on seraphies head increased the exp I got temporarily. Not sure what it was called but I think it was only +10%

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Jesus the encounter rate for the baby trio is depressingly low. 2 hours there and I ran into 4-5 fritt, 2 bablizz, and 0 Ramuh (zapp?). Took the grind time to level up 2 extra full teams 1-25. Shit's ridiculous.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Jesus the encounter rate for the baby trio is depressingly low. 2 hours there and I ran into 4-5 fritt, 2 bablizz, and 0 Ramuh (zapp?). Took the grind time to level up 2 extra full teams 1-25. Shit's ridiculous.
    I noticed that. I got Fritt and Zapp and then never saw any of them so I wondered if perhaps the game flagged me as 'you caught all three' and stopped showing them. Either way I got the ones I wanted so I moved on.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Took 4 hours in total to run into a single zapt. I swear my heart skipped a beat when it attacked my Lann and I saw the word "Counter" flash across the screen; I was ready to pop the game disc out and snap it in half if it got killed. Luckily, it didn't.

Honestly, pretty disappointed by this particular experience. Not just the time investment, but its effects on the game. I feel like I'm going to be massively over-levelled for quite a while. I can take out rift enemies as soon as I find them now.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

That's why I suggested escaping battles if it does not spawn, to avoid being overleveled. A friend told me there's another area later on in the game you can catch them, but idk how far. I still haven't seen anywhere to run into them and I'm in chapter 15 I believe, so it must be much farther in.

I guess I got lucky when it came to mine, I had them spawn quite frequently, mainly a bunch of Bablizz, got Fritt and Zapt within 30min. I just read it was Zapt you need, I could have just traded you my extra one if I had known My friend had super bad luck with Zapt as well so I ended up trading him my extra as well. For me, Fritt was the rarest, only ran into it once.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

These super srs lil people in the cutscenes are killing me. They are so small!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    That's why I suggested escaping battles if it does not spawn, to avoid being overleveled. A friend told me there's another area later on in the game you can catch them, but idk how far. I still haven't seen anywhere to run into them and I'm in chapter 15 I believe, so it must be much farther in.

I guess I got lucky when it came to mine, I had them spawn quite frequently, mainly a bunch of Bablizz, got Fritt and Zapt within 30min. I just read it was Zapt you need, I could have just traded you my extra one if I had known My friend had super bad luck with Zapt as well so I ended up trading him my extra as well. For me, Fritt was the rarest, only ran into it once.
    I assume I was unlucky, but I had pretty shit spawnrates all around. During my second 2 hour marathon I didn't see a single one of any of them and was at the point of being willing to catch whatever I could find and seeing if I could find a trade online. I was at the point of making ebon panel-tier conspiracy theories. Incidentally, when I hypothesized "maybe standing in the tiny puddles will make me conductive to find him" he showed up on the first encounter. I'm sure it was dumb luck, but I want to believe.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spoiler: show
    TIFA JUST PUNCHED A DRAGON INTO SPACE!

Also something I think I've learned about changing mirage forms. If you change their form, you effectively seal off what they had unlocked in their previous form till you form a path to it. Like, I changed my moogle into a pirate moogle and I lost the flutter ability. I'm assuming I'll get it back when I form a path to it because my Fritt has access to skills it's medium sized form has.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I assume I was unlucky, but I had pretty shit spawnrates all around. During my second 2 hour marathon I didn't see a single one of any of them and was at the point of being willing to catch whatever I could find and seeing if I could find a trade online. I was at the point of making ebon panel-tier conspiracy theories. Incidentally, when I hypothesized "maybe standing in the tiny puddles will make me conductive to find him" he showed up on the first encounter. I'm sure it was dumb luck, but I want to believe.
    I kinda just went up and down that same long path way right as you go down the little small hill when going to the side area, never really tried any other spot, so just stuck with the luck I was getting in some odd event the area affected it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Spoiler: show
    TIFA JUST PUNCHED A DRAGON INTO SPACE!

Also something I think I've learned about changing mirage forms. If you change their form, you effectively seal off what they had unlocked in their previous form till you form a path to it. Like, I changed my moogle into a pirate moogle and I lost the flutter ability. I'm assuming I'll get it back when I form a path to it because my Fritt has access to skills it's medium sized form has.
    You can tell what carries over to other mirages or not by pressing triangle on mirage board, if abilities are green, that means they don't carry over, anything that's white will, at least from what I've noticed so far. So, for example, say a Fenrir gets STR++, this will apply to both Fenrir and White Nakk if you transfig between the two since the ability is white and not green. Field abilities are green I believe, so they only apply to whatever form the mirage learns said ability in.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    I kinda just went up and down that same long path way right as you go down the little small hill when going to the side area, never really tried any other spot, so just stuck with the luck I was getting in some odd event the area affected it lol.

You can tell what carries over to other mirages or not by pressing triangle on mirage board, if abilities are green, that means they don't carry over, anything that's white will, at least from what I've noticed so far. So, for example, say a Fenrir gets STR++, this will apply to both Fenrir and White Nakk if you transfig between the two since the ability is white and not green. Field abilities are green I believe, so they only apply to whatever form the mirage learns said ability in.
    That's what those colors mean? Was there a tutorial for this? Because I sure as heck missed it...

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Game starts to interest me, but the fact that I have no PS4 until November 10

and the fact that I feel this game is too pricey (73$ canadian with taxes thanks to prime). Really hope this will drop in price soon, atm i have 0 games to play until XV

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

That's what those colors mean? Was there a tutorial for this? Because I sure as heck missed it...
    Kinda. There's a line in one tutorial about "some abilities are exclusive to certain transfigurations" but it doesn't explicitly say it's the green ones. You can also tell it on the actual grid by the fancy pattern around the outside of the orb.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've spent a collective total of about 2-2.5 hours in that cave and have only seen Zapt 2x, which is the one I already have. Bleh.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yea, I never really paid the colors any attention, just recently found that out. The game doesn't specifically say it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    I've spent a collective total of about 2-2.5 hours in that cave and have only seen Zapt 2x, which is the one I already have. Bleh.
    Sadly Zapt is only extra I have or I'd help out. If you guys think Zapt, Bablizz, and Fritt are bad, just wait till you need to kill 3 cactuars for a quest... Most likely its just me having bad rng with these, but to me they're as rare as the 3 in the cave. I have only came across one so far, and it fucking ran away. Seems like using lure helps a bit with finding cactuar, so gonna try that next time I play.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Kinda. There's a line in one tutorial about "some abilities are exclusive to certain transfigurations" but it doesn't explicitly say it's the green ones. You can also tell it on the actual grid by the fancy pattern around the outside of the orb.
    ...God dammit, I thought those were special abilities. As in "pick this for a cool new ability". I am dumb.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Dunno if I mentioned this before but try to talk to Serafie every now and then, she'll sometimes have something on top of her head that she'll give to you, what she gives is random though. I'm not sure what all is possible she can give, but things I've got from her so far is exp boost(temp), mirages easier to catch(temp), sp+1(perm), refill on my champion gauge, other items I don't remember.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I've only gotten ethers and hi potions as far as actually consumable items go.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Spent some time in the Colliseum, you can get the star versions of Ifrit/Shiva/Ramuh pretty easily. Just need to beat 3 battles then you have a 30% chance of triggering a cutscene that takes you into a fight with Shiva* and Ifrit*. Fight is pretty easy at level 30. If you imprism them then the next fight you get another cutscene that then unlocks the harder fights for solo Ifrit*/Shiva*/Ramuh*.

Also, those Minimantoise at the beginning of Chapter 9 are ridiculous. I could kill the Mega Sharqual no problem, but the 2 Minimantoise that were with it took less than 100 damage every hit no matter what I did. Not sure if I'm missing something there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast