+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So thanks to some background work, just bought this game for "3.57" on amazon

Just need to wait for my PS4 pro to play it now ...

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

as far as the 'baby' versions of the initial three summons you can get them once you have access to the airship, they are in lv60 murkitt on the world map

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Dunno if I mentioned this before but try to talk to Serafie every now and then, she'll sometimes have something on top of her head that she'll give to you, what she gives is random though. I'm not sure what all is possible she can give, but things I've got from her so far is exp boost(temp), mirages easier to catch(temp), sp+1(perm), refill on my champion gauge, other items I don't remember.
    She can also randomly have mirages on her head. Yes, that's a thing.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Haven't seen that yet, lol.

Also, kinda sad that majority of XL mirages are pretty meh.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Haven't seen that yet, lol.

Also, kinda sad that majority of XL mirages are pretty meh.
    I haven't really messed around with them, but isn't their purpose that the function kind of like FFX Aeons? I.E. they aren't particularly amazing on their own but they're mostly for bosses as a way to soak some damage without worrying about your main stacks while simultaneously whittling down the bosses a little bit.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

So getting close to the end, and after that dungeon...

I can safely say this has my favorite story of any FF game I've played.

Spoiler: show
    The "last dungeon"..was probably the most interesting thing I've seen in ages. It fucked with my head the entire way thinking "I don't think this is right. I don't think we're supposed to be here. I don't think killing poor Carbuncle is helping at all."

Having your parents used against you in that "ending". Having Tama vanish completely out of everyone's memories. The realization that basically none of that was real. Finding out that Carbuncle's soul had been stolen much like your parents and was being used to create those illusions... Madness. That dungeon and the following scenes were the most fun I've had in a video game in 10 years or more. Fuck. I IMMEDIATELY wanted to re-play that part.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have to say... When I went to the ocean town, and it did a pan across the buildings and I saw THAT house... I knew instantly who lived there and what sort of shenanigans were going to take place. They modeled it perfectly.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The game is great but, for me, it's so fun waiting to see the next FF reference.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I haven't really messed around with them, but isn't their purpose that the function kind of like FFX Aeons? I.E. they aren't particularly amazing on their own but they're mostly for bosses as a way to soak some damage without worrying about your main stacks while simultaneously whittling down the bosses a little bit.
    Never played FFX still(been lazy), so idk lol. There's a few that's useful, like 2-3 I've seen so far.

Also, this whole time I knew about Female Ifrit and Male Shiva, but it always escaped my mind that there's a female ramuh too.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

For anyone not at/near end of game still, make sure you keep the Searcher you imprism and lvl it always. Later on you can transfig it into Death Searcher which gets gravity, this will help you out so much later when bosses start having high amounts of HP. Searcher family tree is really good in general too, they have so much good stuff, so regardless you can't go wrong lvling one up. Fighting these bosses without gravity takes forever, especially those with no elemental weakness to exploit.

There's also a special Intervene you can't repeat. You fight a certain someone, and you can lose to her and still progress the intervene since it doesn't matter if you win or lose. After losing the first time and turning it in, reloaded my save to see if there's any difference from actually winning the fight. First off, I'll say she seems to have near fucking 400k HP, and when you first get access to the fight it's pretty much impossible to kill her through normal means, especially at the level you'll most likely be. I was between 55-59 when doing it, all your spells/attacks will barely do 300dmg, so I ended up using Death Searcher and just spamming gravity forever as its only possible way to beat her, at least at this level. Fight still took awhile and she dishes out quite a lot of aoe dmg as well. After finally finishing the fight, I noticed the dialogue is slightly different from when I had lost to her.

For anyone who actually wants to 'win' the fight, I suggest waiting till a higher lvl before doing it or try with the use of gravity. The Intervene is called "The Sunken Temple's Secret".

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I was not expecting to like this as much as I have. The look and music are really nice and the fan service is great. I love all the different stack combinations and the gotta catch em all addiction it has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm just loving this game. I'm near the end myself, just getting ready to kick butt (grind grind grind). Got Carbuncle and hopefully I'll be ready to kick some butt soon. ^^

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So I'm lvl 12 and with some luck managed to capture shiva and ifrit from the lvl 40 coliseum fight >.>

They are ok but they are a special version with no other mirage board, unlike the small ones that have evolutions. I tend to like the small ones better for this reason but I'm just letting you know there is a difference.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The Star ones can last quite awhile though. The non star ones don't mainly become better until MUCH later in the game, rather much higher lvl due to their boards. I think I didn't replace my star shiva till around 60ish, which is basically at the end of game. Most mobs seem to be weak to ice or thunder or sometimes both, which makes Shiva + Zapt a really strong combo. I still use it in endgame, but I kinda wanna transfig female shiva to male one as I get some more levels. Ended up having to lvl a 2nd Zapt because I wanted to use female ramuh. The baby versions are much stronger than any of the evolutions though.

The dark versions of Ramuh/Shiva/Ifrit are sadly very disappointing, and only 3 mirage boards

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Good to know.

So for monsters who have reached the level to get their next form. How do I actually transform them? Lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm really liking Vaan as support over Fran. His damage is so nice and Ark Blast and his Attack/Defend options go off so fast. For most fights I think he is preferable. His only weak point is if I come across a physical heavy fight. I can give Power Breakdown. Which helps, But on some U fights it may not be enough.

The Star ones can last quite awhile though. The non star ones don't mainly become better until MUCH later in the game, rather much higher lvl due to their boards. I think I didn't replace my star shiva till around 60ish, which is basically at the end of game. Most mobs seem to be weak to ice or thunder or sometimes both, which makes Shiva + Zapt a really strong combo. I still use it in endgame, but I kinda wanna transfig female shiva to male one as I get some more levels. Ended up having to lvl a 2nd Zapt because I wanted to use female ramuh. The baby versions are much stronger than any of the evolutions though.

The dark versions of Ramuh/Shiva/Ifrit are sadly very disappointing, and only 3 mirage boards
    I really enjoy that you can use basically whatever combo you want in this game and have it work. I used magitech armor P (from the demo) because it has fire and ice beams which is a great combo. I did that so I could have zapp covering lightning and had a nice trifecta. With the magitech + behemoth for my large miragemons I like to keep the small versions of ramuh/shiva/ifrit on top of me while still completing their other boards to give them powered up spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Good to know.

So for monsters who have reached the level to get their next form. How do I actually transform them? Lol
    Go to your mirage storage thingy and press the option button to bring up a menu. From there you just choose whoever you want. It's worth noting that white abilities work in all forms while green is for that form only. You can do some nice things like for example keep zapp small but still have him use thundara and then get the thundara miraj jewel which in tandem give you thundaga. Stuff like that. Lots of fun combos.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    I'm really liking Vaan as support over Fran. His damage is so nice and Ark Blast and his Attack/Defend options go off so fast. For most fights I think he is preferable. His only weak point is if I come across a physical heavy fight. I can give Power Breakdown. Which helps, But on some U fights it may not be enough.
    Wrong thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast