TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Mines coming tomorrow but I also ordered it on Monday lol
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Amazon fucked up my release day delivery and I am goddamn furious. Now it's supposed to be here by the 29th.
    Won't help get the game in earlier but if you open a chat with them you can probably snag a 10$ gift card for your troubles if you're polite. I've done it before when guaranteed dates were missed.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

For people who have gotten past Snow's part of the game

Spoiler: show

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Luckily it arrived today and I got to play a few hours with it. Man, what an utterly fantastic game this is. It's not mind-blowing or something universally perfect, but it is exactly what I needed/wanted right now. I can't think of a game that radiated this much old school jrpg quirky charm in a very long time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sora DLC announced, Coming this Winter

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/world-fin...ree-dlc-winter

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Do we get anything for having played demo? If so how?

Nvm it did it by itself.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If the demo was just the first 30min of the game it'd have done its job a lot better instead of a run through an empty location with hardly any explanations, and throwing random FF characters about.

Four hours into the game, rather enjoying it, despite it beating the player over the head that Lann is a dunce every cutscene. I'm able to overlook its constant need to checkbox anime tropes, although I'm not sure if others can stomach it as easily with its cutesy presentation. Only wish you could more quickly swap between your sphere-grid things to speed up slotting in points when your troop levels up without having to back out a menu first.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Do I have to go through a new gate to activate it or is examining it enough?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Also who did you guys pick from the first summons? Went with shiva.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Do I have to go through a new gate to activate it or is examining it enough?
    Simply gotta see it, Don't even gotta touch it.
    I'm Ramuh over here. Grumpy ol' man with a beard, Check and check!

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

K thanks.

Also once you transfigure someone can you still add slots on their previous mirage board or nope?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Four hours into the game, rather enjoying it, despite it beating the player over the head that Lann is a dunce every cutscene. I'm able to overlook its constant need to checkbox anime tropes, although I'm not sure if others can stomach it as easily with its cutesy presentation. Only wish you could more quickly swap between your sphere-grid things to speed up slotting in points when your troop levels up without having to back out a menu first.
    The Lann thing slows down pretty heavily after Cornelia. Not completely gone, but not the center focus of every cutscene. I didn't mind that part anyways, it felt like pretty genuine brother-and-sister bickering.

My only real complaint so far is the overall speed of things. The menus take way longer than they have any right to, and the default battle pace needs to be about doubled (I imagine it's so slow on account of being ATB, but their quick select system makes throwing out abilities amazingly fast).

But, pacing aside, the battle system is just great. It's cute and imaginative without sacrificing depth. Really scratches the monster collection itch of pokemon/digimon/SMT games without ripping off any of those series. The leveling provides significant choices with pathing and optimization to make your decisions tangible in your playstyle. It's just such a well crafted game I can't stop gushing about it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

K thanks.

Also once you transfigure someone can you still add slots on their previous mirage board or nope?
    Yes, you can transfigure up, down, and sideways across the chain as you please, and can add to SP to anything that's part of your "chain" (the transfigurations that you can see in the menu) any time you want.

If you transfigure into a different chain (i.e. Mu <-> Reaver Mu; Chocochick <-> Black Chocochick), you don't keep your stat bonuses, but keep your level and SP is refunded to spend on the new board. You get your old spec as soon as you switch back to your old transfiguration.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I chose Ifrit.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Went with Shiva, but you can also catch all 3 baby versions in the same dungeon. While I was trying to catch the other 2 I didn't get for free, I came across something I didn't know on an accident... you can make catching 100% and eliminating the rng behind catching them completely, but it doesn't seem to apply to the 'once per battle' mirages.

When triggering the requirement to imprism a mirage, if you do the trigger a second time, it raises the chance of catching it over the base, and if you do a 3rd time it makes it a 100% catch rate. Again, this doesn't apply to ALL mirages, but it does for most.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Really? I never encountered any of those babies in that dungeon

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    TThe menus take way longer than they have any right to
    Hope you're not playing on Vita where it'll drop inputs as it tries to load in 3d models between menus/tabs. Game is unoptimized as fuck, at least on the handheld.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Went with Shiva, but you can also catch all 3 baby versions in the same dungeon.
    Baby versions? When I chose and beat Shiva I didn't get anything from it other than a starred item for it or something. Couldn't imprism her on the fight.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You got a ice mirage from her.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    I chose Ifrit.
    I will always chose Ifrit. He's been my favorite since I got him in XI.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I chose Ramuh since I had those earth type creatures, figured the fight would be easier. Really liking the game so far, only been about to put a few hours into it though. Hoping to be able to play it more this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast