Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If I have one small complaint at the end of it, it feels like Vita was the primary platform and PS4 was an afterthought. I'm basing this almost solely on the lack of R2/L2 use and how tiny the combat menu is relative to the entire screen. Not a performance issue, just a UI issue that they didn't seem to feel like improving for PS4 audience.

I sunk a good 60 hours into this for the true ending and that's still leaving a lot for platinum left undone. Probably one of the best purchases of the year.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Spoiler: show
    It's the Shantotto intervene, its one time only thing and you absolutely need gravity to win. The Intervene is called "The Sunken Temple" I believe.
    What setup did you use for this fight to have gravity, survival, and I'm guessing some way to get AP back quickly? Thanks.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Off-hand, I only remember 2 mobs having Gravity, Death Searchers(Searcher line/transfig), and Nightmare I think. Death Searcher is Small, and Nightmare is Medium. Besides those, I don't know what else has gravity. You only need one at least, but 2 gravity users is advised. For restoring AP, you can either use Syphon or items, I use a mix of both. I never bothered to change my Large mob so I honestly don't know what's best since she pretty much uses magic of each element. I guess w/e you can get the most resists in multiple elements that's not low leveled, though that's assuming you use Lilikin and not Jiant.

I didn't really die that much, but still wanna keep a few of the phoenix downs on hands, but you should have a lot at that point, and even quite a bit of the better ones like mega phoenix.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

How is this for vita? I didn't realize it was on vita too and mine is collecting dust. Hard to beat $24.99 if it's decent.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    How is this for vita? I didn't realize it was on vita too and mine is collecting dust. Hard to beat $24.99 if it's decent.
    Framerate being bad at times (which has zero bearing on the gameplay fortunately), it's a fully playable version of the same game on PS4, albeit a little muddy at times due to sub-native resolution and low texture filtering.

Just be sure that you have 700mb some extra space free regardless of physical/digital, since the game doesn't come with any voice acting preinstalled to skirt around the 3.5gb filesize limitation Sony enforces on Vita releases. Rather it's patched in via free DLC download.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

One thing that doesn't make sense to me in the story is:

In the beginning they show a few scenes of the girl int he cube conversing with Brandelis, almost makes it seem like they are in league with each other. Then, near the end you find out the girl in the cube is Auwyn, who is actually our ally. Why was Auwyn helping Brandelis in the beginning?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    One thing that doesn't make sense to me in the story is:

In the beginning they show a few scenes of the girl int he cube conversing with Brandelis, almost makes it seem like they are in league with each other. Then, near the end you find out the girl in the cube is Auwyn, who is actually our ally. Why was Auwyn helping Brandelis in the beginning?
    IIRC she was talking to the plumed knight, which as you recall is the body of their mother who is incredibly difficult to control. I imagine she was talking to the mother during one of these moments.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

If anyone hasn't got it yet I highly recommend the new WOFF PS4 Static Theme on PS Store, absolutely amazing. It's been awhile since I've seen a theme I've liked as much as this one, and to boot, it has the game's town music as its theme.

Found a video of the theme

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Just finished the game after playing from 8pm - 6:45am LOL. Let me just say fuck that last map , nuff said.

Other than that some twists I wasn't expecting but did piece together at the end as it were. Solid game and story..

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Just finished the game after playing from 8pm - 6:45am LOL. Let me just say fuck that last map , nuff said.

Other than that some twists I wasn't expecting but did piece together at the end as it were. Solid game and story..
    If you just beat the boss after the castle then the story is not over

Story continu until some other stuff

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    If you just beat the boss after the castle then the story is not over

Story continu until some other stuff
    Oh I know , I'm planning to go back still but yeah got the "bad ending" as I think it's intended first run through.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Oh I know , I'm planning to go back still but yeah got the "bad ending" as I think it's intended first run through.
    Yeah you have some other stuff to do for the other ending

But it's not new game plus stuff ( there's no new game plus anyway )

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Balthier summon announced.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Free DLC or paid?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Free DLC or paid?
    Free.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Balthier summon announced.

March 23rd

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

v1.03 Detailed, Also coming March 23rd
    • Skip function for battle scenes added – Press the circle button to skip summons scenes such as Mega Mirage summons and Champion summons.
    • “Fast Forward” setting added to settings – Enable fast forward for battles and events through an input in the settings.
    • Battle response improvements – ATB bar fill conditions for standard encounters have improved, and you can input commands quicker than before.
    • “Sephiroth,” “Balthier,” and “Sora” added to battle BGM settings – If you have their corresponding Champion Medals, you’ll be able to choose their battle BGMs.
    • “Random” added to battle BGM.
    • HP and AP recovers at gates, save points, and when each chapter saves.

BG Level

Game is coming to PC

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Game is coming to PC
    Amazing news! Still need to play this

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Only available for a limited time unfortunately.