+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    5 attempts and about 2 hours later, I finally got to the first saving area on Hard lol. Liking the game so far. Although, I'm experiencing some horrible frame drops (or maybe pacing?) during cutscenes.
    Most cutscenes are prerendered. Afterburner claims 30 but seems like most of them are running in the 20s.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

5 attempts and about 2 hours later, I finally got to the first saving area on Hard lol. Liking the game so far. Although, I'm experiencing some horrible frame drops (or maybe pacing?) during cutscenes.
    Is it your first playthrough? I started a Hard run and only got hit once until I got to the first save point. Unless you mean Very Hard.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I wasn't bragging lol. It's easy to die on Hard, but I made it through just mashing evade and shooting fairly easily is all.

Also good to remember you can heal at any point on hard if you use the down dpad shortcut menu. It's a lot easier to handle the first part with that. Also light/heavy attacks clear bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Is it your first playthrough? I started a Hard run and only got hit once until I got to the first save point. Unless you mean Very Hard.
    Just Hard. It's my first playthrough, so I'm still getting used to the game. So far everything else isn't too bad. Except for those damn moose. They fucking one shot me.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i like what i've seen of the game so far, but i'm extremely unimpressed with the PC port, it's quite honestly awful. i wish i'd bought this on PS4, and anyone that has the option to choose one or the other i'd advise against getting it on PC.

i'm getting crazy frame drops just on the default settings at 1080P running on a GTX970... obviously not the newest card, but this isn't exactly a demanding game, visually speaking. oh, and occasionally the game just freezes for a moment and then the screen goes white making it impossible to do... anything. including navigating menus to save before i force-kill the program and lose all of my progress.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did you turn down the AA? It's MSAA so shit is super resource intensive.

I'm not saying it's a good port cause well, it's not. The game is honestly quite poor graphically, both in terms of the actual graphics, a fucking horrendous implementation of SSAO, and the hardware required to run it.

But turn down the AA and it should honestly run fine. Could also flip off Blur (which I do anyways) and the shitty AO if for some reason you're still having issues.

Also, decent ReShade I've been running that cleans up the graphics pretty nicely - https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/6976/

Yeah, definitely not the best port. I've noticed a few times where the game will hiccup and drop to 40ish fps for like a quick second. It's only happened a couple of times, though. It's mainly the cutscenes that bug me, cause it says it's running at 30, but sometimes it feels like 15.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Did you turn down the AA? It's MSAA so shit is super resource intensive.

I'm not saying it's a good port cause well, it's not. The game is honestly quite poor graphically, both in terms of the actual graphics, a fucking horrendous implementation of SSAO, and the hardware required to run it.

But turn down the AA and it should honestly run fine. Could also flip off Blur (which I do anyways) and the shitty AO if for some reason you're still having issues.

Also, decent ReShade I've been running that cleans up the graphics pretty nicely - https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/6976/
    i have AA off, blur off and AO off; that was the only way i could get it running at 60 relatively consistently, but i'm still getting significant drops -- both momentary blips where it drops to 50ish for a few seconds, and then in certain areas the framerate drops consistently into the low 40s/high 30s.

nothing seems to fix the issue where the game just flat out stops rendering occasionally, which is bad enough in any game but especially in one where there's no autosave and (as far as i can tell) has no way to bind a quicksave.

unfortunately i already went over 2 hours by the time the problems became really apparent, so i just have to hope they improve it in the future or put it on the back burner for a year or so when i'm ready for a rebuild.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What's great is the same people who are probably cool with this looking like a glorified PS2/3 game are the same people ripping apart Andromeda cause of weird animations.

It's a fun game, but it's straight up fugly in most situations and the PC port is definitely quite poor. If I wasn't able to effectively brute force it to good performance because I'm using a 1070, I'd definitely be feeling butthurt about this.

The game isn't a graphical masterpiece but I wouldn't say it was ugly. The only problems that annoyed me enough to take me out of the game were random pop-ins in the distance, but this is my experience on PS4. The game handles itself stylishly most of the time.

Having said that I wouldn't have really expected any better from P+ for the PC port.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The boss at the end of the desert looked like something out of a PS2 game, and there are quite a few objects and walls with criminally low res textures.

Generally speaking it's fine, but in general the game has the graphical prowess of a PS2 game with some higher res textures and a booty with a high polygon count.

Will agree with the textures because there are some bad ones (and some odd ones), but to say it looks like a PS2 game is laughable. It's not amazing but it deserves a little more credit than that.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just Hard. It's my first playthrough, so I'm still getting used to the game. So far everything else isn't too bad. Except for those damn moose. They fucking one shot me.
    Make sure you save often, first run on Hard is gonna be brutal. Until you get some useful chips, I'd just stay out of melee range and shoot them. You should see less loading screens that way.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

There's a side quest pretty early on that gives a melee defense +6 chip I think, which is extremely useful on hard, too bad I lost mine by not saving often and failing to retrieve my body.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I knew what would happen, did it anyway.

Best [E]nding
    Super spoilers, question towards anyone who knows what this is about

Spoiler: show
    I'm a huge pussy and said no. Once I've finished with everything, could I do ending E again and have the opportunity to make the decision again?

This shit is so brilliantly sadistic.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Super spoilers, question towards anyone who knows what this is about

I'm a huge pussy and said no. Once I've finished with everything, could I do ending E again and have the opportunity to make the decision again?

This shit is so brilliantly sadistic.
    Yes, by selecting Chapter 17-10_1 in the chapter select

BG Level

watched a series of youtube videos covering the Drakengard/Nier storylines to get up to speed and let me just say

what

the

fuck

can't tell if Yoko Taro is a genius or autistic or an autistic genius

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl