+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Yoko Taro is a mix between meaningful decisions in character design and sex appeal/cool factor. I wouldn't doubt there's a psychological aspect (same with the machines) but I also can't discount the fact the dude likes sexy ladies and eye patches.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

good news for Team Taro, Automata topped the Steam weekly sales chart and the console version has already exceeded the lifetime sales of the first Nier or any Drakengard game in Japan. it's going to be his most financially successful game by a country mile

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I can't get the game to run long enough to finish a quest, and that's with a fucking 1080 lol. I've tried turning off AA, AO, filtering, Vsync, and running the game windowed.

Beat the game and got the first ending. I'm only about an hour into the second playthrough, but I think I can safely say that this is one of my favorite games of all time. I just love almost everything about the game. Even the small things like how the current music seamlessly goes 8-bit when you hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I can't get the game to run long enough to finish a quest, and that's with a fucking 1080 lol. I've tried turning off AA, AO, filtering, Vsync, and running the game windowed.
    That's strange. As others have claimed, I'm using a 1070 on max settings with no issues.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

yeah the only downside i can think of for this game is that it's pretty unoptimized, but if you have a beast setup you can still just brute force it to max settings 4k.

Meanwhile those of using budget gaming laptops have to play at lower resolution until an optimization patch is released.

Sent from my SM-A510L using Tapatalk

P+ and PC ports don't mix. Or just Japanese devs in general.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    I just love almost everything about the game. Even the small things like how the current music seamlessly goes 8-bit when you hack.
    One of the few games that really integrates it's mini-games/sub features well into the story/overall gameplay. The 8 bit transitions were honestly one of my favourite things.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    P+ and PC ports don't mix.
    ???

Multiple people on here talked up the general quality of P+ ports prior to release

Which says nothing about 2 other things suppose to be out already. Also, they didn't, they just said stuff like "eh, they're alright."

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

HO. LEE. FUUUUUCK. The opening of this third playthrough!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

For those of you having FPS issues, Kaldaien has released a mod that made a huge difference for me. I went from 30-40FPS at 1650 resolution to 1920 resolution x2 AA 55-60 FPS:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/524220...2104777399045/

Biggest change came from turning down Global Lighting down to low.

edit:

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Tried again, and aparently running in 1920x1080 did the trick. It's just insane. My monitor's native resolution is 1440, so I never even thought to change it down since I have a fucking 1080 in this thing. The game is so fucking horribly optimized.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just bought this game a decided to try Very Hard right out of the box... holy shit lol.... big mistake. XD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I haven't played this game yet, but I'm desperately waiting a compilation of all the complaints about booty and sexism. I'm surprised I haven't seen more already.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

There's extremely little to market itself that way or call attention to itself that way in the game proper. Beyond the actual character design being what it is for the reasons it is (Yoko Taro "really likes girls"), it's all fandom wank.

Or as the kids say it, "came for the booty, stayed for the plot".

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I haven't played this game yet, but I'm desperately waiting a compilation of all the complaints about booty and sexism. I'm surprised I haven't seen more already.
    Not mainstream enough to upset SJWs, the little upset it did cause died down quickly because Taro literally don't give a fuck, so they won't break him like they try to break other developers lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Taro responded pretty early on when the complaints about sexism started popping up:

http://i.picpar.com/aCjc.jpg

AFAIK the complaints pretty much died after that.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just got the plat, absolutely loved the game from beginning to end. Did lose quite a bit of progress in Route C due to my bad habit of not saving often. Tried to do Route/Ending E without help but that shit gets way too hard later in. Route C ended up being far more intense than I thought it was, the shit that goes on in that route is crazy.

I found out way too late in the game that you could actually equip like hair/head accessories to some of the chars and whatnot, as well as the dress module that lets you keep 2b skirt off permanently without having to self destruct. I also found out about the Auto-Collect Items chip pretty late in route B, which can be obtained in route A, this chip is a godsend.

The pod program stuff in this game is absolutely broken, especially when you get all 3 pods, and even more when you lvl them up. I had to stop using them due to killing things too fast and not being able to hear dialogue during boss fights, especially Blade pod program being one of the most broken ones when you have 3 charged pods. I suppose Cypress Stick can be a bit broken as well, high crit rate and can do like 30k+ crits, something no other weapon can do from what I've seen.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Just got the plat, absolutely loved the game from beginning to end. Did lose quite a bit of progress in Route C due to my bad habit of not saving often. Tried to do Route/Ending E without help but that shit gets way too hard later in. Route C ended up being far more intense than I thought it was, the shit that goes on in that route is crazy.

I found out way too late in the game that you could actually equip like hair/head accessories to some of the chars and whatnot, as well as the dress module that lets you keep 2b skirt off permanently without having to self destruct. I also found out about the Auto-Collect Items chip pretty late in route B, which can be obtained in route A, this chip is a godsend.

The pod program stuff in this game is absolutely broken, especially when you get all 3 pods, and even more when you lvl them up. I had to stop using them due to killing things too fast and not being able to hear dialogue during boss fights, especially Blade pod program being one of the most broken ones when you have 3 charged pods. I suppose Cypress Stick can be a bit broken as well, high crit rate and can do like 30k+ crits, something no other weapon can do from what I've seen.
    Yeah basically when SE Business Division comes up it becomes impossible.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yep, some of the names are flat out invincible.

Fuck you Marketing