+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    The challenge mostly. I find playing on Hard fun.
    This.

The first couple of missions were definitely frustrating, but overall, it was a great time. I feel like normal would've been too easy from what I was reading.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Normal is fairly easy. I did it on my first run though to plow through the game before I ended up getting something spoiled.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

2B pencil
    9S pen
    A2 paper

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

after getting distracted by vacations and Zelda and girl kisses finally started playing NieR again this week, quickly turned into an obsession and i finished playthrough 1 and obliterated 2/3 in a few days. first Taro game, and the reputation is deserved. spoilers to follow-

the formatting is brilliant, using playthrough 2 to deconstruct archetypes and player assumptions ('he won't look my way' absolutely broke my heart and nearly brought a tear for a boss that had previously only gotten a, well that's one fucked up monstrous robot, response) and 3 to actually complete the narrative post-protagonist. the soundtrack is exemplary, the shifts from Bayonetta slashing to bullet hell hacking to arcade fly n shoot mixed genres successfully in a way few games do and always had a narrative rationale rather than feeling shoe-horned in, the chip system was a nice way to customize and again totally in sync with the world's rules. everything in this game was so thought out, so precisely orchestrated to support a singular vision, it is a level of careful craftsmanship that is rare outside of the small-scale indie world. thematically it punched in the heart and the brain, typical of so much Japanese art that explores heady philosophical content by way of melodramatic characters suffering terrible tragedy.

and God damn is this game tragic. after the game makes you feel like fucking shit for killing Simone and Eve they take fucking 2B from you in the most painful fucking way possible then the fucking homie Pascal begs you to euthanize him after his God damn fucking kids all commit seppuku because they don't want to get canibalized then 9S loses his God damn fucking shit and boom he runs into previously cold-as-ice 21O who has been corrupted and starts spouting off how she just wanted to be part of a family and my God damn heart started to feel the way it did at the end of Life is Strange and i thought i may never know happiness again. thank Allah for Ending E.

i could write a dozen more paragraphs which is usually a good indication one needs to conclude. the game clearly has some flaws, but there is no game that is truly perfect, and NieR:Automata is one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life, and it gets a perfect 5/5 melancholy burgeoning sentiences.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah. If you could spoiler that shit it would be pretty awesome.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGUeKCA5p1A

I didn't realize it when I first listened to it but... is she actually crying while singing it? If she isn't bravo. That is some heart wrenching shit right there.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGUeKCA5p1A

I didn't realize it when I first listened to it but... is she actually crying while singing it?
    Sounds probable! This is how a voice wavers when crying.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I always thought that track/voice was a bit off compared to English/Nier language. Makes a bit more sense if crying is the case!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I always thought that track/voice was a bit off compared to English/Nier language. Makes a bit more sense if crying is the case!
    From what I was reading, English version is sung from 2B's perspective and Japanese from 9S'. Pretty cool if that's true.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got around to picking this game up about a week ago. I finished Route E tonight, and man, what a ride this game was. Story was fantastic, gameplay was great. 2B, 9S and A2 are all great (9S gameplay though is meh). Overall it might be in my top 3 games. The music was also fantastic. I don't think I ran into a track I didn't like.

A lot of people dislike 9s for the hacking shooter, if it wasn't so overused in his stories it would have been good (since hacking enemies is fun, effective, your choice, and pretty quick) but I also think it was somewhat intentional to understand how routine 9s finds it and why he was able to do what he did.

Lots of different ways to think and feel about this game, probably one of the few AAA games that actually made me truly happy.

They really need to do more stuff, when I think about this being the only time Taro and Plat might colab I get sad, but at least this game will give Taro the cred he needs to make more weird ass games.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Yeah this was my GOTY. I don't see anything beating it.

Too good/fun/thought provoking/everything I've wanted in a game since forever. I need to go back and finish up 100%ing everything. I've been saving it for a rainy day because the game is something I just don't want to be over, lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Got this for my birthday last week and just recently got all endings (except E since I don't have home internet) and I agree with this should be GOTY (even though I know Mario Odyssey or Zelda BoTW will win it cause more popular and will piss me off).

Combination of music/story is just fantastic and of course, Ending U is best ending!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So, a bump for people here. I came across something interesting if anyone wants to explore the lore further. I dunno if anyone came across it on their usual travels but in the off chance that this is new to you, then I've done my job.

There was a concert in May 2017, that included a stage play which includes 5 story acts, read out by the JP voice actors. The stories can be considered prequel, side story, sequel (it has a bad and good take of the final ending of the game) and maybe an alternative point of view from A2 especially. The magical thing was, that someone fan translated it, and the official voice actors of 2B and 9S (Kira and Kyle) caught this translation and decided to do their own reading of it in character, along with some help with 3 others acting as the Pods and A2 (not official). This, combined with music and sound effects from the game, made it a very authentic experience.

One can watch it and also watch the twitch chat embedded, or just watch the expressions of Kira and Kyle especially as they read and act out their lines. It's a wonderful experience.

They read it cold, so no rehearsing was done and they only knew the basics of the story. Minor mistakes here and there, but it works.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

God I love this game and everyone involved in it. That's amazing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

50% off on Steam for the next 2ish weeks. I just finally bought my copy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not exactly Nier: Automata, but, decided to play through the original Nier this week, and finished final ended (D) tonight. Game was pretty good, and wasn't as bad as the internet makes it out to be. My only gripe with it is that C and D playthrough is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too repetitive. Atleast it was completable in 1.5hr from starting the route to the end, if you speed through it. Overall, a 7.5/10. Story was great. Gameplay was OK.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I love this man.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just completely finished this game for the first time last week. Holyhell, defiantly one of my all time favs.