+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

If they get their A team on the port it might be fine. Maybe.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes but the publisher can have say in who handles development of ports. I haven't heard any word if Platinum Games themselves developed the PC port or if it was outsourced to someone else.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Okay, so trying to figure out a "How Long to Beat" and if I'm looking at stuff correctly, is the game only like 6ish hours long if you don't try for multiple endings/playthroughs?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you're only interested in the default ending A and not doing all the things then yeah it's kinda short if that's all you're looking for. It's a part P+ game and if you know how short rising was or any other P+ associated game was.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Okay, on new game+ does anything in the story change except the ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    multiple endings/playthroughs?
    Quite possibly the entire point of Yoko Taro and P+ games.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Btw after the intro you can backtrack to the goliath battle and recover your body for items and your other katana
    Took me entirely too long to find this spot and I'd already died at this point* so I didn't see my intro body. Still got the katana though.

*Don't go back to the desert boss's area. It hurts.

e: Oh nevermind it just doesn't have the regular dead body icon. Was still there.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Okay, on new game+ does anything in the story change except the ending?
    short answer, yes

(this should still be considered major spoilers even though I'm mainly bringing up gameplay/system additions, this game is all about the first impressions/surprises/experience and it's still easy to draw storyline conclusions from what I'm about to say)
    Spoiler: show

-You play as a different character
    -Different intro level
    -New dialog/cutscenes thorough the entire game
    -Parts of the game (and some boss fights) can be done in a new/different way due to a new skill
    -Different levels near the end of the game

-Note that after this second ending (B)...
    (major major spoilers)
    Spoiler: show

-The game tells you to start a third playthrough, but it doesn't actually lead you into new game++, instead it starts the brand new second half of the game/story, picking up after endings A/B. Fucking Yoko Taro, man.
    -You unlock chapter select after this "playthrough" so doing the next 2 endings is really quick since you only have to replay a level near the end of the game.

Probably one of the best new game+ experiences in a while, although a couple things about it still bothered me. Either way, don't count "ending A" as the ending at all, just think of it as non-linear storytelling. I think it took me about 35hr to actually finish the game (all main endings) with some sidequests and most trophies and joke "endings" left to do.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, the PC version is apparently capped to 1080p60, and will be including Denuvo. None of these things necessarily matter to me, but true to form the internet is crying about it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

ugh

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

60fps just looks terrible ever since going to 144 I hate the fps lock bs.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

and resolution lock bs. Idk if they do it cause its easier/lazier to port it that way or what

but its just stupid. Goes against everything master race stands for

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is the Limited Edition cover available for download anywhere? Would love that as wallpaper on my phone

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Been awhile since I've played a game for so long in one sitting, been enjoying this shit far too much. Debating if I wanna go for plat the legit way or not, might scum it due to time restrictions and all the releases this month.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

NieR: Automata x Phantasy Star Online 2 DLC now available in Japan
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03/...orget-promise/

This is my first time preordering from GMG. Are they pretty good with sending codes out early to preload?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

From all my experiences with them you'll get them at least half a day early, at worst.

Not a lot of people talking about this probably until PC release, but this really is one of the best games I've played in a long time. It's what FFXV could have been and failed at mostly. The story is great, the gameplay and progression is fun and the side quests actually add to the story and experience. Good amount of weapon combinations and combos and pods/skills although it's nothing too complex even compared to Revengeance. The chips is where customization really shines and allows you to even customise difficulty.

That's probably the only area I have a problem with. The difficulty curve is ROUGH, hard mode is what most P+ games use as their hardest difficulty (Revengeance/Infinite Climax etc) and normal is far too easy for most action gamers. Hard can be mitigated with OP chip combos and Very Hard is hardly worth thinking about. And this may be a positive to some people and a negative to others but difficulty does not affect anything seemingly except how much damage you take. There might be extra bullets and stuff but I never noticed. There also isn't too heavy a connection to Nier but enough easter eggs to make it nostalgic.

Overall this is a fantastic experience with a lot of variety and clever/funny gameplay decisions. It kinda feels like a combination of the weird elements MGS had with gameplay and Yoko Taro's usual mindfuckery of a setting and story. Music is on point obviously. I put in over 50 hours so far and haven't gotten all the main endings yet (2 more left I think) so in terms of play time you get your money's worth with amazing gameplay and story.

Can't recommend enough. There are a few other issues with gameplay and some stuff that can be hard to figure out, but I basically fell in love with the game when it told me it doesn't auto-save SO FUCKING SAVE MANUALLY YOU PLEB. AAA gaming has screwed me with that auto-save shit so it took me a while to realise this is more of an RPG than action game lol

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

40 hours in and I'm still discovering things I've missed out on. This is a world you WANT to explore and interact with, and the core gameplay shakes itself up often and briefly enough to make every moment of control an absolute blast.

"Yoko Taro's usual mindfuckery" is on point. If this is your first time on Yoko Taro's wild ride, have fun. If it's not, you're still in a roller coaster if not necessarily in for surprises.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Game looks interesting but I didn't play the original. Is this game approachable without knowing the backstory?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast