Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

NieR Automata (PC/PS4) | BECOME AS GODS Edition (XB1) | YoRHA Edition (PC/PS4)

From Platinum Games

Spoiler: show

NieR New Project is a new third-person action role-playing game (RPG) and follow-up to the 2010 cult hit NieR. Offering a fresh blend of action and RPG gameplay styles, NieR New Project is currently being developed in collaboration with PlatinumGames Inc. The game’s all-star development team consists of producer Yosuke Saito (DRAGON QUEST X/NieR), director YOKO TARO (Drakengard/NieR), character designer Akihiko Yoshida from CyDesignation, Inc. (FINAL FANTASY XIV / BRAVELY DEFAULT), game designer Takahisa Taura from PlatinumGames Inc. (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance), and composer Keiichi Okabe from MONACA, Inc. (TEKKEN / Drakengard / NieR).
    Release date: TBA

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can't wait. After them doing Drakengard 3 this was a given to happen someday.

Game wasn't spectacular but the lore, music, and everything else was great.

Educate yourself
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ic?viewopt=127

Story wise I'm not sure exactly where this could go expect maybe ending D or a parallel universe from a different variation of Drakengard 1's ending E.

Could be yonah post ending D after getting the D from Kaine.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

First Details
    Is the world of this game tied to that of the previous game?

Yoko: “The setting is connected, but that doesn’t mean the story is connected. This game is set in the future, so it’s okay if you start with this game. Rather, people who played the previous game and come into this thinking it’s a sequel might be confused.”

Will characters from the previous game appear?

Yoko: “Not everyone, but some characters will appear. But not as core characters.”

What will the game’s CERO rating be?

Yoko: “We made the previous game with the intention of a B or C rating, but got a D. We’re making this one in hopes of getting an A, but…”
    • Weapon-based action is at the game’s core. There might also be some familiar shooting.
    • There’s a rotational element (360-degree camera view?), but it’s apparently different from the previous game.
    • Drakengard‘s familiar “Weapon Story” system will be in the game.
    • Development is 10 percent complete.
    http://gematsu.com/2015/06/nier-new-...ing-characters
    http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8219125.html

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Do want, loved NieR.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ugh, CERO A? That's like getting an ESRB E in the US. They have to be trolling. In the trailer you could see Kaine's fully rendered dong-in-panties. No way that's getting a CERO A.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I took that last line as joking.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

god damnit I still need to finish the original Nier. the gameplay got a little boring after a while; too many fetch quests. I did love the game as a whole though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Concept Art

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Official title: NieR Automata
    The game is set on a devastated Earth and depicts the violent battle between machine life forms and the humans’ android unit, “Yorha.” Akihiko Yoshida did the character design. On an image board published in the magazine, a hero-looking “Yorha No. 2 Type B” character is shown equipped with a katana and great sword. With the “Pod” support system, long distance attacks are also possible.
    http://gematsu.com/2015/10/nier-new-...-nier-automata
    http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8387180.html

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Platinum baby, enjoy your Metal Nier Rising :D

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looks okay. NieR was one of those games where I loved no matter how much time I put into it (though I never really played enough to get the whole opening sequence) where the music and characters (music especially) were fantastic. I love that damn soundtrack. I have to go finish it one of these days.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Time for another Yokotaro's wild ride. Go read that Grimoire Neir google doc I posted months ago for more of the background and story of Drakengard and Nier.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Didnt play the first one, heard it was good.

This looks pretty nice, different combat. Music sounds good.

Reminds me of Binding coil of bahamut turn 4

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

About YoRHa No. 2, Model B, “2B”

2B is an all-purpose battle android, deployed as a member of the automated infantry squad, YoRHa. She is equipped with a sword for close quarters combat, and can attack from range using the “Pod” support system. Her eyes are obscured beneath her standard-issue military visor, which she rarely removes.

Members of the YoRHa squad forgo names and are referred to only by their code numbers. Though the regulations forbid them from expressing emotions, each model has its own distinguishing personality, and 2B is comparatively cool, calm, and collected.

Story of NieR: Automata

Invaders from another world attack without warning, unleashing their secret weapon: the machines. In the face of this insurmountable threat, the human race is driven from the earth and takes refuge on the moon.

The humans develop an army of android soldiers to fight back against the mechanical horde, but succeed only in slowing its advance. To break the deadlock, a new breed of android infantry is sent into the fray: the YoRHa squad.

In the forsaken wasteland below, the war between the machines and the androids rages on. A war that is soon to unveil the long-forgotten truth of this world...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Never played the first game but I'm most def hopping on this one. Looks sick.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Looks okay. NieR was one of those games where I loved no matter how much time I put into it (though I never really played enough to get the whole opening sequence) where the music and characters (music especially) were fantastic. I love that damn soundtrack. I have to go finish it one of these days.
    Finish as in first time finish or finish as in all the endings finish? Because this is one of the few games I would say you haven't even finished once you beat it the first time, the first NG+ loop is just that different and integral to the story.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I loved the way they did NG+ in the first game, it made for quite a unique way to tell the story
    particularly after you start understanding what the enemies say
    Whether the game is worth replaying 3-4 times for the story is arguable though.

Really excited for Automata, hopefully the voice acting/music/ambience will be as good as Nier's.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Loop one for ending B is more or less mandatory, in my opinion. Ending C and D are fluff/timesinks, though I think D is really potent in terms of really making the player feel the sacrifice (assuming you don't cheese it, which most probably do).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

On the one hand, it's nice that they meet a fan and stuff. On the other, it would be nice if it weren't some guy purposely overreacting for a youtube video (or twitch stream).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast