1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    harold, did you ever test how much piety one would have to meld to be able to do a (From UI and full MP) F3 F4 F4 F4 F1 F4 F4 B3 rotation? Think it'd be worthwhile on pieces that don't require spell speed melds?
    I remember someone doing it in 3.x, but the spellspeed and astral fire timing wasn't there to consistently do it. I've not seen any hard numbers, but my gut feeling is that while we've got more spellspeed and a slightly longer effective astral fire timer, the big problem with it is the enochian timer - the extra F4 is an extra GCD into your rotation which would be fine if you include thundercloud procs. But if you do get them you are likely not going to have time in parts of your rotation to finish and refresh Enochian (mainly the troublesome part 2 of the rotation - as part 1 has plenty of time, and part 3 you don't need to refresh) and you are giving up secondaries (crit/det) to for not much at that point.

Maybe if you had a permanent arrow buff, but at that point doing 5 x F4 under ley lines will be better, and if you get thundercloud procs, doing F3/F3/T3*/F1/F3/F3 would be equal, and getting a second proc would be better.

If this makes sense (i'm pretty tired at the moment). I also remember that the loss in secondaries is pretty big. In 2.x, the loss in primary stat made it not worth it, but it could be worth thinking about with the new materia system. I may test it at some point, but given my luck with drops, it probably won't be any time soon!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Well, given the current spell speed I'm at (1k+), and the QOL adjustments, it's very possible to fit in 3 F4s before refreshing AF while not under leylines. The enochian timer was a problem that I considered, but was wondering mostly from a theoretical perspective if you don't get thunderclouds or if you get it late enough that you can just use it after B4.

Though, if you had permament arrow, are you suggesting leylines F4x5 B3 in part2 if it's up? Didn't know that was possible.

I might try testing to see if it's viable via healer piety accessories.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Oh don't get me wrong, its possible to fit in 3 F4's before refreshing while not under ley lines. I think it would be a gain if it wasn't for thundercloud procs, but when you factor those in along with the loss of secondaries, its probably not worth it. Something worth thinking about and trying though.

I would imagine F4 x 5, B3 is possible if you have enhanced arrow and ley lines - if you have enough spellspeed. I've not tried it because i've not got an AST in my group, and any PUG ast's are, well, shit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The other idea was that it might be possible to burn swifty to save your Enochian if you get an early TC proc. If you get a late one, you could just use it after B4 and refreshing enoch on the second go around.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    The other idea was that it might be possible to burn swifty to save your Enochian if you get an early TC proc. If you get a late one, you could just use it after B4 and refreshing enoch on the second go around.
    Well, after doing a bit of math, assuming you start at max MP which is a big if because you might not get a MP tick between your second spell and F3, you need ~47ish additional piety. This is 5 melds if you're using piety5s and plan on using it outside of party with SCH buff. If you do have SCH buff, it's 4 melds.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It looks fun