1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I could've sworn one patch increased the duration of GL for MNKs by a few seconds. Maybe that was Twin Snakes.

I do agree that they need to consider this. The rotation is too tight at the moment with the changes to spell speed and lack of spell speed on the law gear.

Looking at some of the other jobs, they really need to do a lot of balancing. It always takes them forever to get around to it, though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by HitomeOfBismarck View Post
    I could've sworn one patch increased the duration of GL for MNKs by a few seconds. Maybe that was Twin Snakes.

I do agree that they need to consider this. The rotation is too tight at the moment with the changes to spell speed and lack of spell speed on the law gear.

Looking at some of the other jobs, they really need to do a lot of balancing. It always takes them forever to get around to it, though.
    They did in 2.1

Pretty sure it was only TS that had it's duration increased.

In 2.0 the best monk rotation was basically flank only lol, they did a bunch of monk changes in 2.1

GL damage was buffed and TS duration was buffed.

I think BLM is not as bad as people portray it to be. AOE got hit sure but single target got buffed. People now actively remove BLM spot from their PFs which is annoying. I think Surecast should be tweaked. Making it last more than a single cast and its effect changed to allow you to cast Flare without multiple targets penalty.

Surecast should just do what it should have done since day 1: allow you to cast while moving.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

By the www, assuming and not assuming hitting accuracy cap, what foods do you think should we be using as BLM?

I'm thinking if I don't need accuracy then Sohm Al Tart, if I need accuracy then Flint Caviar

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Hard to say right now as we haven't had any job specific theorycrafting. But food is likely going to be the best place to get acc from, as secondary stats have been gutted. I think its either going to be crit or spellspeed, but its hard to say right now and most likely going to be preference based.

Old Merits
    BG Level

How much DPS can BLMs pump out at Bismarck with all the dodging?
    What rotation would you recommend going for?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can anyone venture a suggested Alex loot progression cart for BIS assuming a current BLM with all Asuran pieces?

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Week 1: Waist, Head, Hands, Hands (free bolt on Ring)
    Week 2: Acc, Head, Legs, Legs
    Week 3: Feet, Feet, Legs, Legs

Week 3 Savage opens so who the fuck knows after that

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Also, any idea how bad movement is in Alexander?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Also, any idea how bad movement is in Alexander?
    F1 you can turret
    F2 you can turret
    F3 you can turret
    F4 it's recommended for everyone to turret (except blocking balls and lines)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I had more success as a SMN in F2 but there is no reason you can't turret it for similar results! Just seems more conducive to painflare/deathflare and/or bane rather than a one time flare.

I think the other turns are pretty turretable as megu said but would advise SMN for F1 since you can multidot both adds.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I just made a guide for BLM Guide Link It took me a long time to get used to it but it's not too bad once you know the deal.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I saw that! It looks great. It addresses many of the problems other BLM guides had not addressed: when it's safe to use TC/FS procs, what to delay and what to pair, and seems to do away with the surecast > T1 method in the umbral phase. I think the MP tic plugin for ACT is invaluable at this point considering there are three different ways to handle the umbral phase.

Have you been able to attempt this on the new Alex raids yet?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Updated the OP for you last night Aikaal.

My thoughts on Spellspeed; While we lose value from Fey Glows nerf, the nerf to spellspeed, Ley Lines and possibly weird enochian timers, we do get more value from it due to 3 second casts being affected by it more.

That is also not counting the utility of movement and wiggle room with keeping astral fire up/enochian up.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

MFW Liveletter changes:

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by HitomeOfBismarck View Post

Have you been able to attempt this on the new Alex raids yet?
    Yes. The rotations proposed are the ones I use in Alexander. There might be issues for A4 because there's some downtime but everybody has those issues.

YOu are also referring to MP_Timer. I did not mention it because I am aware that it's for PC only players and it could lead to a lot of PS4/PS3 players frustrated the tool helps your DPS.

Also, there will be an update later one. Someone made me realize the Swiftcast usage was inneficient and you can inset 6 Fire IV + F3 Proc inside Raging Strikes and Potion inside 5 Fire IV and Fire III Proc.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Midbattle, with no CDs up but Enochian, and Enochian timer out/B3 up, what do you guys do for the first 30 seconds of Enochian? F3 F4 F4 F1 F4 F4 (FS if you got it) B3 T1 B4? Or cut the T1?