1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    The (possible) length of T2 and the frequent invulnerable/phase shifts that T3 and T4 have favors BLM more than SMN imo.
    SMN wrecks BLM in T2, assuming you don't have really low dps group that takes forever to kill anything... if so you might run low on mp at the end, but I think the situation for this is small considering how easy the content is.

I like BLM better on T3 just because there is a bug currently in pudding phase, if the pudding is dead and u were casting on it before it died your spell will go off regardless if its dead or not and will refresh AF/UI/Eno making it very easy to max damage all the time.

In T4 I think its more suited to SMN due to quarantine taking so long to put you there/spit you out you lose a lot of seconds on your UI/AF which often makes enochian refreshing a nightmare, especially if you get the first quarantine or taken multiple times. SMN is more consistant dps than blm here.

That said, I still blm in A4 over smn because fun. The only one I really whip out smn for is T2. BLM is way more fun than smn in anycase imo.

Quote Originally Posted by HitomeOfBismarck View Post
    On another topic, what order are you all aiming for on your Alex. drops?
    I fucked up so bad I'm afraid to say the order I chose . I think the consensus is to rush legs though, and neck/ring priority, after that it doesn't seem like it really matters much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikaal View Post
    This is not a problem I have because I play a Lalafell.
    Aikaal dropping the masterrace bomb!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

double ;-;

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuki View Post
    I like BLM better on T3 just because there is a bug currently in pudding phase, if the pudding is dead and u were casting on it before it died your spell will go off regardless if its dead or not and will refresh AF/UI/Eno making it very easy to max damage all the time.
    This is roughly every mob

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    This is roughly every mob
    maybe in the phase but not every other mob in other content.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So you guys prefer BLM on F1? It's hard to give up the multidotting during DWT w/ tri on one and manual casts on the other and painflare/baning onto the emergency adds.

Really love BLM on F3. Hate both on F4. As Tsuki said, SMN destroys BLM in F2.

But to be honest, I can't take Alexander seriously at all. Reminds me of fucking Ulduar. Fuck that place.

I fucked up so bad I'm afraid to say the order I chose . I think the consensus is to rush legs though, and neck/ring priority, after that it doesn't seem like it really matters much at all.
    Least you didn't go for the body/legs at the same time like me. Whoops?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I like doing blm in a1 because its easy to wreck faust and fun to see high #s outside of that unless you're really good at timing the two bosses jumps (every 90s) it can be hard to maintain eno esp when boss double targets u with line (haha no leylines for you) and the random circle aoes at same time it can get annoying quickly. That said i can't really take smn dps serious in 1 because really multi-dotting will cause deficit and caster lb not viable cause its not filled up. It just creates annoyance for everyone even if u accept the deficit and move over to other one u have to go back for adds anyway its just lowering everyone. Pref blm only cause fun on faust but hate the turn altogether.

I messed up and took crank instead of legs first week so I had to wait till next week to complete legs, so im kinda in the same boat, oh well. I agree w/you tho I can't take any of this shit seriously lol. That said I expect savage will be a fair bit more ramped up so looking forward to it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

A1 - SMN (Multi-dotting)
    A2 - SMN (AOE)
    A3 - SMN=BLM (The add phase hurts SMN, but theres a fair bit of movement and a small period of multi-dotting.
    A4 - SMN (Multi-dotting in first phase, Quarantine)

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    A1 - SMN (Multi-dotting)
    A2 - SMN (AOE)
    A3 - SMN=BLM (The add phase hurts SMN, but theres a fair bit of movement and a small period of multi-dotting.
    Speaking of F3 how do SMNs even deal with that phase? (And Gana phase in Ravana EX)

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A1 - SMN (Multi-dotting)
    A2 - SMN (AOE)
    I'd say BLM>SMN in A3 because of add phase, as you said, but it's still very close, yeah.

On A4, however, there's no real multi-dotting: putting DoTs in both legs is meaningless parse inflation, since the second leg gets healed to full when the first one dies. It's the equivalent to dotting all bulbs in T6 to inflate the parse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Speaking of F3 how do SMNs even deal with that phase? (And Gana phase in Ravana EX)
    Miasma on adds to slow them down (Use Miasma II if you can catch 2-3 together), then use Bio or spam ruin depending on how much you expect them to live. On the first wave of adds you can skip the miasma, as they die very fast. Puddings require a bit more attention and are the first ones I Bio, plus focusing Garuda on them. Stack-wise, use Painflare whenever you can catch 2 or more, or simply to have a small burst of damage or not lose the buff. When in trance, Ruin III spam a pudding if you can, otherwise use Akh morn to quickly burn 1 or more adds. Remember, and this is very important, to have always Garuda attack an add, as she defaults to the tornado when there's no targets around: just spam obey on each of your targets.

Doesn't the other leg self heal any damage when you kill the first leg or something?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Didn't realise that, shows how much attention I paid to that. Still, the Quarantine really does fuck BLM over.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

SMN wrecks BLM in T2, assuming you don't have really low dps group that takes forever to kill anything...

Aikaal dropping the masterrace bomb!
    I'm willing to say BLM in Savage A2 is really viable. It wouldn't surprise me if a specific add had to die faster than others. This make the ST rotation of BLM with a Flare finish pretty viable. Considering SMN trades all his single target for AoE. That said, I believe Summoner have the absolute edge in raw damage but we've seen fights like T12 if you were killing all Bennus you'd most-likely die with your numbers.

On a side note, free gift!

Enjoy this A4 where I bursted for 4.3k DPS. I got Empowered Extended Balance Card, Voiced Foe, RS, TA, Potion. 2 F4 Crit for 12k :3333

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Idk, I ended A2 on SMN at 1400dps, I didn't even raging a second time and didn't use pots at all. I can't come close to that on BLM even with good burst.

I don't wanna speculate anything on savage yet but I think you might be right about a certain add being first priority.

I enjoy using BLM in A4 but my level of fun decreases significantly if I get the first quarantine and steadily further if I get more.

A1 - SMN (Multi-dotting)
    A2 - SMN (AOE)
    Multidotting in A1/A4 is just super inflating. Its completely useless on 4 and it hinders everyone else on A1 because of hp deficit. That said, Its much easier to SMN in A1. For A3 blm should wreck, there isn't actually that much movement that can't be negated by swiftcast/manipulation. You can basically turret the whole fight, I consider movement in A1 to be much much worse.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Idk, I ended A2 on SMN at 1400dps, I didn't even raging a second time and didn't use pots at all. I can't come close to that on BLM even with good burst.
    Where can I find such SMNs? Last night's A2 ended up with my BLM doing more dps than the SMN...both of them...combined.

More on-topic: Anyone have any tips for getting Aetherial Manipulation to do its job faster? I seem to be having trouble lately getting it to activate quickly, despite it being bound right next to the movement keys and on a mouseover macro. Don't remember having this problem pre-3.0. (Although AM use was less critical then.)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Multidotting in A1/A4 is just super inflating. Its completely useless on 4 and it hinders everyone else on A1 because of hp deficit. That said, Its much easier to SMN in A1. For A3 blm should wreck, there isn't actually that much movement that can't be negated by swiftcast/manipulation. You can basically turret the whole fight, I consider movement in A1 to be much much worse.
    From what I've seen. Once you kill a leg, the other legs go back to full HP so it is a complete waste and you are only padding your nuumbers if you multidot as a Summoner.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    BLm is definitely a skill class now, the disparity between decent and good Blm was already obvious now it is downright glaring.
    I do agree with this, which is why it's not my main anymore. I use it for old content, but nothing new. If you can't pull off the rotations, you can't play BLM. The ARR rotation is about 20% less DPS than the new rotation. That's not gonna pass raid DPS checks.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I don't food/pot either and that's generally the DPS I get on SMN as well when I've been doing that turn. Were yours with any Foe's btw? I don't get Foe's on T2 personally because our bard was doing the car thing. However I also do around the same amount of DPS using BLM and I guess I attribute that to the overall length of the encounter; I can only imagine savage mode will be an even longer version. Towards the end my SMN certainly ran into mana issues (because no bard and 3 DPS, I know) whereas obviously BLM was still going strong. So I do have some hopes that BLM is a viable option.

A T2: http://puu.sh/j4ggj/d181df93e7.png
    A T4: http://puu.sh/j4h8T/a8ca46044e.png (I don't know what the buff situation was with this because it was after a wipe)

I think those are pretty respectable numbers for not going all out with consumables. I get picked for quarantine as much as the next guy - everyone gets mad if they get picked first because it's right during all your CD's but otherwise I don't feel it's anymore annoying compared to being on SMN. It could mess up a Dreadwyrm Trance (sp?) just like it could mess up Enochian and result in monitor punching. I guess it's all a matter of how you handle it :s

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think you're probably right about A2, BLM, and savage. Some of the mobs, if given higher attack and HP, have "Need to be killed with magic ASAP" written on them. Reminds me of turn 4 a little bit. Speaking of which: do DoTs from SMN ignore the effect of "magic resistance up" if baned from a mob that doesn't have the effect to the mob with the effect up?

Got to do a lot of BLM on F4 tonight. It's actually quite enjoyable once you get your rhythm. I managed to break 1k a few times but couldn't get much higher without food/meds/requiem. My AST tends to give me all the arrows which I really like. SMN DPS seems kind of crap on that turn. Also, BLM appears to be ideal for the adds.

How do you all feel about AST buffs? Do your statics give balance priority to melees or to you? Do you prefer any other cards?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shinryu Reishiki
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    I don't food/pot either and that's generally the DPS I get on SMN as well when I've been doing that turn. Were yours with any Foe's btw? I don't get Foe's on T2 personally because our bard was doing the car thing. However I also do around the same amount of DPS using BLM and I guess I attribute that to the overall length of the encounter; I can only imagine savage mode will be an even longer version. Towards the end my SMN certainly ran into mana issues (because no bard and 3 DPS, I know) whereas obviously BLM was still going strong. So I do have some hopes that BLM is a viable option.
    With a BRD I generally get in the range of 1550-1650 on SMN with no food/pot. Haven't tried it as BLM yet... At the very least, I feel like it would be better suited to benefiting from the car's vulnerability debuff on enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by HitomeOfBismarck View Post
    Speaking of which: do DoTs from SMN ignore the effect of "magic resistance up" if baned from a mob that doesn't have the effect to the mob with the effect up?
    Aside from complete invulnerability, the DoTs spread by Bane will be unaffected by any positive or negative status effects on the new enemy; it's copied exactly as-is from the original target.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bane onto targets with 5 stacks of vul up, bring back the days of T12 pre nerf.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast