1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

It's still fun to bane onto the lady in CM and see her run around with 0 hp, confuses everyone. That's assuming I am not still busy doing my countdown for cannons("fire on 1, ready?" "100, 99, 98, 97, ...") or didn't troll the group further by running ahead and locking everyone out to make them watch me solo it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

uh hey guys, we buffed thunder for you, but you'll have to use thundercloud instead of fire iv now. Don't forget to go to ice phase with mp leftover so you can refresh your enochian timers though, cause we didn't make it add any time so we're still punishing you for using it! with all that extra mp where will you find time to cast thunder? haha!

fuck

Well... the extra thunder potency will help if you get into a fight with eno-chan and decide not to see each other for a little bit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Really weird change to say the least. Might be useful aoe filler situations llol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

nvm i dont think you'll use it instead of fiv but then what gives if we cant really use procs with eno?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuki View Post
    uh hey guys, we buffed thunder for you, but you'll have to use thundercloud instead of fire iv now. Don't forget to go to ice phase with mp leftover so you can refresh your enochian timers though, cause we didn't make it add any time so we're still punishing you for using it! with all that extra mp where will you find time to cast thunder? haha!

fuck
    SE are fucking idiots. All they needed to do was up Astral Fire to 12 seconds, reduce F1's mana cost to the same as F4, and have Thundercloud give extended Enochian duration (5 seconds).

Its clear they don't even play the game to a decent level and they don't test this properly.

its higher pot than fiv so you'll use it instead of fiv but lulz at using it leaving you go to UI with so much mp.... man why couldnt they just make it add 5 seconds.
    Unless if i'm missing something, its only worth it if you use the full duration of the DoT (which you won't be because of the increased proc chance) - because Astral Fire III increases the potency of Fire IV to 525 (280 * 1.875). I really hope i'm wrong but fucking hell SE, way to fuck up.

It was more of a knee jerk change than a thought out one, but the fact remains that it is a bit easier to stay in 3.0 rotation and 2.0 will have a bit more umph when you fall back.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Unless if i'm missing something, its only worth it if you use the full duration of the DoT (which you won't be because of the increased proc chance) - because Astral Fire III increases the potency of Fire IV to 525 (280 * 1.875). I really hope i'm wrong but fucking hell SE, way to fuck up.
    ah you may be right... idk what they're thinking unless they're trying to buff 2.0 rotation which shouldn't really be an issue if u stay in enochian. Trying to buff players who can't keep eno?

also: Known Issues: "An issue wherein casting will not be canceled when a black mage moves under certain conditions." haha

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

TC+T3 is now 710 potency if I'm reading that correctly. It only has to tick for 12 seconds to be higher potency than fire IV. That's a pretty big gain.

It gives us more movement options. IDK how many times I've had to interrupt my fire IV cast to move out of AoE but TC will fix that I suppose. Question is where to put it in the rotation after the opener? I don't know if it'll be feasible to add it in after the second blizzard IV is cast to refresh enchoian as the timing is already tight there.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

you're gonna have to get it in during ice phase, most likely after b4... its gonna create a slight increase overall I'd say and help with mechanics, but it feels clunky to tack it on with an already full mp bar... this would have been a perfect addition had they made TC add 5 sec to eno

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by HitomeOfBismarck View Post
    TC+T3 is now 710 potency if I'm reading that correctly. It only has to tick for 12 seconds to be higher potency than fire IV. That's a pretty big gain.

It gives us more movement options. IDK how many times I've had to interrupt my fire IV cast to move out of AoE but TC will fix that I suppose. Question is where to put it in the rotation after the opener? I don't know if it'll be feasible to add it in after the second blizzard IV is cast to refresh enchoian as the timing is already tight there.
    That is assuming:

a) You don't clip your previous thunder
    b) You're ensuing thundercloud duration will not get clipped

Furthermore, you still need to refresh Astral Fire (and using an extra F1 means losing both the F4 that should have been cast in its place and a F4 afterwards due to the increased mana cost). And you end up likely losing another Fire 4 due to having to end Astral Fire early to refresh Enochian.

And you have to take into account the dps loss of using it in ice phase if you get a quick mana tick.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

also: Known Issues: "An issue wherein casting will not be canceled when a black mage moves under certain conditions." haha
    If that's what I think that means, they are really really late on that.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I need a little assistance with my DPS and I was wondering if anyone here can help. I am currently rocking the Hive Longpole, Proto Alex head, arms, belt, legs, necklace, bracelet, and ring. I also posses an Asuran Dogi, Asuran legs, Asuran earring, and Asuran ring. I am replacing the Asuran legs and earring with Alex gear next week.

On a dummy, I am getting between 1k-1.1k DPS no food but can drop down to 950 at times.

My opening rotation is as follows: SharpCast + Thunder 2, Proc Thunder 2, LL, Enochain, RS, QS, SC, Fire 3, Fire 4 x 2, Fire (to refresh AF), Fire 4 x 2, Blizzard 3, Blizzard 4.

Once in place, I repeat starting at Fire 3 but only use one Fire 4 after the second cycle refreshing AF due to the diminishing timer and a need to switch to UI to cast Blizzard 4. By the time Enochain is down, the recast is up and I repeat.

Is there anywhere I can improve this rotation to max damage?

Thanks in advance!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

@Toth:

http://solitude.guildwork.com/_/aikaals-blm-guide

You shouldn't be using SharpCast with Thunder 2. You shouldn't ever be using thunder 2. And you can get more Fire 4's in your opener if you pair sharpcast with your first Fire 1.

--------------------------------------

The opener I use is:

B3, LL+T1, SHP+F3, Eno+RS+F4, F1, Potion+F4, F4, F4, F3* +Convert, F4, F4, B3, T1, B4

Then, my standard rotation is either:

F3, F4, F4, F1, F4, F4
    or
    F3, F4, F4, F4, F1, F4

(Depending on when I have movement)

My ice phase is:

B3, B4, F3 - if i have spare enochian before B4, I cast a T1. If I have a slow mana tick and i have to use B4 first, I use a T1 filler.

If I get a Thundercloud proc in my opener, I use this:
    B3, LL+T1, SHP+F3, Eno+RS+F4, F1, Potion+TC*, F4, F4, F3* +Convert, F4, F4, F4, B3, B4

If I get the Thundercloud proc after, I try and replace a F4, and put a F4 on the end (if Enochian allows).

------------------------------------------

My rotation is probably not optimal, but its been giving me good results. If anyone has any feedback, would be great.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Perfect! Thank you very much.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

The opener I use is:

B3, LL+T1, SHP+F3, Eno+RS+F1, Potion+F4, F4, F4, F3* +Convert, F4, F4, B3, T1, B4

Hi! I am trying to figure out the best opener and rotation for my BLM. I am looking to try your opener and I was wondering about how much DPS it will yield you? Also, I am wondering why you do not use Swift Cast after your F3* + Convert? (it would look like F3* +Convert + Swift Cast, F4).

Also, I seem to have to use SC once I am back in my blizzard phase just to be able to refresh Enochian. Any tips?

Thanks!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mr Gummi
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

My ice phase is:

B3, B4, F4 - if i have spare enochian before B4, I cast a T1. If I have a slow mana tick and i have to use B4 first, I use a T1 filler.
    How do you F4 while under the effect of Umbral Ice?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Swampthing View Post
    How do you F4 while under the effect of Umbral Ice?
    Typo. Fixed now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by lillylanthir View Post
    Hi! I am trying to figure out the best opener and rotation for my BLM. I am looking to try your opener and I was wondering about how much DPS it will yield you? Also, I am wondering why you do not use Swift Cast after your F3* + Convert? (it would look like F3* +Convert + Swift Cast, F4).

Also, I seem to have to use SC once I am back in my blizzard phase just to be able to refresh Enochian. Any tips?

Thanks!
    DPS wise, I do 1k+ Sustained in A1S, but i'm making loads of mistakes so I can push higher. I've not played with the rotation long enough to be 100% sure if its optimal or not. I mainly posted it for feedback on it. This is without Foe's or any kind of Caster buff.

Regarding SC after F3 proc and convert - I'm playing from EU, and don't have the latency to use two OGCD without a dps loss. If I know i'm not going to need it for emergency B4 and I won't need it for movement, i'll try and use it after a proc like you said.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

DPS wise, I do 1k+ Sustained in A1S, but i'm making loads of mistakes so I can push higher. I've not played with the rotation long enough to be 100% sure if its optimal or not. I mainly posted it for feedback on it. This is without Foe's or any kind of Caster buff.

Regarding SC after F3 proc and convert - I'm playing from EU, and don't have the latency to use two OGCD without a dps loss. If I know i'm not going to need it for emergency B4 and I won't need it for movement, i'll try and use it after a proc like you said.
    Thanks for your response! My group is doing A1S tonight and I'll be trying your opener/rotation, so I'll let you know how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast