1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mr Gummi
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Typo. Fixed now.
    oh okay. I was actually hoping there was something really cool that I didn't know about. XD

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post

My opening rotation is as follows: SharpCast + Thunder 2,
    Thunder 2 costs too much MP now and is just a loss at this point. Use Thunder 1 from now on.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Thunder 2 costs too much MP now and is just a loss at this point. Use Thunder 1 from now on.
    Its been a loss since 2.0. Thunder 1 was always the way to go.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Seen people open with sc fire 3 now since you don't need sc for flare anymore and you can fit all the fiv's in rs by placing it after the first f1.
    Ley+QS+SC > F3+Sharp+Eno>F1+RS..etc

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Are people still using the s.tortes for food as well or has anyone found a better option?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    Seen people open with sc fire 3 now since you don't need sc for flare anymore and you can fit all the fiv's in rs by placing it after the first f1.
    Ley+QS+SC > F3+Sharp+Eno>F1+RS..etc
    Why bother Swiftcasting the F3 when you can pre-cast it?

Are people still using the s.tortes for food as well or has anyone found a better option?
    Creme Brulee if you can afford it. Sohm Al Tart is a cheaper alternative

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

bc you pre cast ley and qs, also to give you a gcd to pack in ogcd's

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Sorry for the late reply, been absolutely shattered the last few days.

I see your point, I just can't help but think in some fights I would want to "save" swiftcast for movement. For example in A1S if you get targeted by the laser. I need to try out Aikaal's rotation, I was doing some theorycrafting in my break and got a rotation similar to his. The main issue with my one is that my cooldown positioning isn't optimal, and the ice phase at the start, which I flat out don't like.

Wish I had more time to put in like I used to

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi Guys. A quick question, does Race still influence in the PIE breakpoint ? Or it's indifferent now?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by FadeBlack View Post
    Hi Guys. A quick question, does Race still influence in the PIE breakpoint ? Or it's indifferent now?
    Race never did. There was never a Piety breakpoint. There is sort of one now, but Elezen dusk meets it.

That's for single target at least.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Race never did. There was never a Piety breakpoint. There is sort of one now, but Elezen dusk meets it.

That's for single target at least.
    Well There was that 251 PIE for the extra Fire I xD

Ty at any rate !

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by FadeBlack View Post
    Well There was that 251 PIE for the extra Fire I xD

Ty at any rate !
    You could do 5 Fire I's even if you was elezen. You just used Thunder 1 instead, which was more DPS than Thunder 2.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alrighty, I asked this in other threads but here we go again:

I know that weapon damage is king but still, would not going from i180 to i200 on the body slot be a more beneficial upgrade (i.e would the DPS with the staff be significantly higher than with the i200 body from the i180) at the moment rather than waiting another 3 weeks before buying any defensive upgrade for savage turns? Is there a DPS calculator that can show the difference?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

No.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Alrighty, I asked this in other threads but here we go again:

I know that weapon damage is king but still, would not going from i180 to i200 on the body slot be a more beneficial upgrade (i.e would the DPS with the staff be significantly higher than with the i200 body from the i180) at the moment rather than waiting another 3 weeks before buying any defensive upgrade for savage turns? Is there a DPS calculator that can show the difference?
    Secondary stats have been gutted. WD is king.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks guys. I do have another conundrum though.

I have been following the rotations described in this thread and I am still only getting 1050 (if a mistake happens / proc does not occur) - 1150 (everything is perfect - VERY difficult to maintain for any fights with movement)) for DPS, no potions used or food. Yet I have been stymied on how to increase this any further for savage and I am ready to just give up till I get a better weapon.

Here again is what I do:

Opener: LL > Fire 3 > SharpCast > Fire > Enochian > Raging Strike (and Potion) > Fire 4 x 3 > F3P > Fire 4 x 2 > SC + Convert > Fire 4 > Extra Fire 4 if MP/ LL still up > Blizzard 3 > Blizzard 4

Rotation then goes after B4s: Thunder > Fire 3 > Fire 4 x 2 > Fire > Fire 4 x 2, Blizzard 3 > Blizzard 4
    When Sharp and Enochian come up: Thunder > Sharp > Fire 3> Enochian > Fire > Fire 4 x3 > F3P > Fire 4 x 2 >Blizzard 3 > Blizzard 4

Again, I am beyond frustrated on how to increase my DPS to compete in Savage and my static leader will not take me in until my DPS increases (though honestly, I am too frustrated with my DPS to want to even attempt it).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That is basically what you will get, idk how much more you want but food + Int buff + party utilities should boost you a little. In a fight it is much more tricky but on dummy that sounds about right.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    That is basically what you will get, idk how much more you want but food + Int buff + party utilities should boost you a little. In a fight it is much more tricky but on dummy that sounds about right.
    I suppose the real issue is how to actually meet the dps checks for savage if this is a good as I can do in a controlled environment. Faust mY not be as crazy but is that dps going to cut it...

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Thanks guys. I do have another conundrum though.

I have been following the rotations described in this thread and I am still only getting 1050 (if a mistake happens / proc does not occur) - 1150 (everything is perfect - VERY difficult to maintain for any fights with movement)) for DPS, no potions used or food. Yet I have been stymied on how to increase this any further for savage and I am ready to just give up till I get a better weapon.

Here again is what I do:

Opener: LL > Fire 3 > SharpCast > Fire > Enochian > Raging Strike (and Potion) > Fire 4 x 3 > F3P > Fire 4 x 2 > SC + Convert > Fire 4 > Extra Fire 4 if MP/ LL still up > Blizzard 3 > Blizzard 4

Rotation then goes after B4s: Thunder > Fire 3 > Fire 4 x 2 > Fire > Fire 4 x 2, Blizzard 3 > Blizzard 4
    When Sharp and Enochian come up: Thunder > Sharp > Fire 3> Enochian > Fire > Fire 4 x3 > F3P > Fire 4 x 2 >Blizzard 3 > Blizzard 4

Again, I am beyond frustrated on how to increase my DPS to compete in Savage and my static leader will not take me in until my DPS increases (though honestly, I am too frustrated with my DPS to want to even attempt it).
    Using INT pots and food will almost certainly boost your burst DPS, but it can get expensive. I've been using HQ Draco INT and Marron Glace myself (not ready to give up on spell speed yet, it helps power thru the Eno/F4 rotation when Leylines is down)

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Try get a BRD to come out and BV Requiem the dummy. A full requiem with BV thrown in is a pretty substantial increase when it's on top of your opening burst.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast