1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nah. Once you get to 60 SE is all "haha fuck you and your easy 2.x rotation, we changing it!" takes a lil getting use to but just remember it'll 99% be fire 3, fire 4, fire 4, fire, fire 4, fire 4, bliz 3, b1/t1, b4, f3 repeat. You'll get the feel for it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Anyone catch in the live letter that it seems Astral fire buff is being upped to 12 seconds?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    Anyone catch in the live letter that it seems Astral fire buff is being upped to 12 seconds?
    Yep. Could mean some interesting changes to the opener and some Ley Lines shenanigans. Lord knows, BLM does need something to be competitive with Melee's.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Was there any other buffs that were slated, or is that the only known one?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

None were stated, this was taken from Yoshi-P using the training system which showed a different duration for Astral Fire:

http://i.imgur.com/z3ZxCcu.jpg

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    None were stated, this was taken from Yoshi-P using the training system which showed a different duration for Astral Fire:

http://i.imgur.com/z3ZxCcu.jpg
    Also instant refresh of astral fire : http://imgur.com/JNemAV4

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Well, its not instant. It does seem slightly quicker, probably at the point when you can start slide-casting, it will be interesting to see how this affects things on EU servers.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I think it might also show near instant firestarter procs, however relevant that is nowadays.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Not really that relevant, you don't go F1>F1 anymore unless you mess up enochian.

I'll look at the video at some point again, unfortunately i'm really busy tonight + tomorrow!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Learned this the other day from someone who's played BLM longer than I have when you need to do the F1>F1 rotation(capped dungeon, single knight thordan phase). If you use an ability; surecast, lethargy, virus etc it forces a server check so you can see if you got FS proc earlier. I'm sure most pre-3.0 people know this already but I found it pretty neat and useful.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    Learned this the other day from someone who's played BLM longer than I have when you need to do the F1>F1 rotation(capped dungeon, single knight thordan phase). If you use an ability; surecast, lethargy, virus etc it forces a server check so you can see if you got FS proc earlier. I'm sure most pre-3.0 people know this already but I found it pretty neat and useful.
    It doesn't force a server check. Its called spell weaving, or in this context fireweaving. It delays your next cast long enough for you to react to gaining the proc.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It does force a server check; the icon/proc for Firestarter will pop up earlier than if you wait for the "natural" proc. It pops up around the middle of the F1 animation instead of at the end, which is maybe a 0.25~0.5 second advantage.

That said, I'm not convinced it translates into any practical gain, as you still have to wait and push F3 after the proc. If you pushed F1 instead of, say, Lethargy, then at the same moment you execute Lethargy and can see the Firestarter proc, you could already be Lethargy-execution-time into your next F1 cast, plus your reaction time to hit F3.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    It does force a server check; the icon/proc for Firestarter will pop up earlier than if you wait for the "natural" proc. It pops up around the middle of the F1 animation instead of at the end, which is maybe a 0.25~0.5 second advantage.

That said, I'm not convinced it translates into any practical gain, as you still have to wait and push F3 after the proc. If you pushed F1 instead of, say, Lethargy, then at the same moment you execute Lethargy and can see the Firestarter proc, you could already be Lethargy-execution-time into your next F1 cast, plus your reaction time to hit F3.
    It doesn't force a server check at all. Firestarter has always popped up when F1 hits the target. What the lethagy does is give you an animation lock so you can't queue up the next F1, meaning you have the time to react to the proc.

Fireweaving was only a DPS gain iirc when you had a high amount of crit and low amount of spellspeed - the crit amount wasn't achievable in 2.x either. I only did it on the "last" fire 1 of the rotation, and when using swiftcast.

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...zg4cnZxTDVkM1E

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, the link to the log on fflogs has been linked to for a bit. Not sure how they managed it but seems like they were too late hiding it on fflogs and got caught.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Do we have a BIS list yet, or is it still up in the air due to acc reqs?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

It will be up in the air due to lack of info for acc requirements. The other question is how closely weighted are secondaries compared to int with regards to crafted accessories

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quick question for everyone: For materia on the new gear, are we able to meld INT onto them (I would say no but I haven't tried) and if not, should we double down on a stat of the gear or use materia for a stat the item does not have (i.e. spell speed?)? I wonder if there is any information on what materia lore and midan pieces can and cannot have put on them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Quick question for everyone: For materia on the new gear, are we able to meld INT onto them (I would say no but I haven't tried) and if not, should we double down on a stat of the gear or use materia for a stat the item does not have (i.e. spell speed?)? I wonder if there is any information on what materia lore and midan pieces can and cannot have put on them.
    No, you can't meld Int on them, or meld any stat that is already capped. You can put, say, Spellspeed materia on a crit/det piece.

Use http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/BLM

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

harold, did you ever test how much piety one would have to meld to be able to do a (From UI and full MP) F3 F4 F4 F4 F1 F4 F4 B3 rotation? Think it'd be worthwhile on pieces that don't require spell speed melds?