1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Udo Kaputnik
    FFXIV Server
    Phoenix
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Balnazzar

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    Triple cleave on opener is kinda interesting, you want to hit your fell cleaves during trick attack, battle litany, hypercharge, which means that triple fell cleave won't cut it unless you pre-stack abandon, so if you are not doing that just go with double fell cleave (triple opener is worth it if you don't have mch, ninja or drg)
    Yea thats why I was asking. I'm used to not having drg/nin/brd (tho we do have a mch), so I was wondering if
    a) it's a big gain to switch up my opener in pugs and
    b) if there's an established best opener for when I get WP pre-pull

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaputnik View Post
    Yea thats why I was asking. I'm used to not having drg/nin/brd (tho we do have a mch), so I was wondering if
    a) it's a big gain to switch up my opener in pugs and
    b) if there's an established best opener for when I get WP pre-pull

Prepped RI/Veng is the best opener. Even in PUGs you have plenty of time to try and set it up. Pop one ASAP, if its a slow pull pop the 2nd when the count down is low, other wise pop the 2nd immediately when pulled.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maxmillian Diabolos
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Pretty dead in here. Everyone quit or jump off the WAR ship?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

nothing really changed for war in 3.2, so all the shit that was said before still applies

could maybe discuss the merits of vit vs str accessories, but imma go with "swap out anything that has parry"

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maxmillian Diabolos
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Accurate.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Jinroh View Post
    Pretty dead in here. Everyone quit or jump off the WAR ship?
    I wish people would jump off the sch ship.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

At least now we can kick the dps who does as much dmg as the war.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Definitely not even nearly as bad as that, warrior is super fun to play in a7s with the tank quarantine.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My only major gripe is that now inner beast and bloodbath are now devalued somewhat, and I havent been able to solo titan ex since the change ;_;

Still the change has given me incentive play around with drk since there's subjectively less need for tanks to dps.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Captain Condon
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Yeah, no real update to the job. Avoid parry and stack up vit/str/crit. More HP, less damage. I think we will be back to similar DPS numbers once we get all geared up this patch. The job is still tons of fun to play, I think I actually stance dance more now than before.

Aggro generation in Deliverance was nerfed due to lower damage. I usually pick up adds in Defiance and switch back right after I have them. After the 10 second cool down of course.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCondon View Post
    Yeah, no real update to the job. Avoid parry and stack up vit/str/crit. More HP, less damage. I think we will be back to similar DPS numbers once we get all geared up this patch. The job is still tons of fun to play, I think I actually stance dance more now than before.

Aggro generation in Deliverance was nerfed due to lower damage. I usually pick up adds in Defiance and switch back right after I have them. After the 10 second cool down of course.

Once you are i220 is pretty much the same as 3.1, so you aren't that far away. My AP is around 980 (at work) but with higher secondaries and weapon damage.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCondon View Post

i'm actually a drk main but i have noticed that current content does encourage stance dancing more than old stuff... and it fucking kills me that Grit/Oaths are STILL on the GCD.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Once you are i220 is pretty much the same as 3.1, so you aren't that far away. My AP is around 980 (at work) but with higher secondaries and weapon damage.
    Pretty much, my fell cleaves are almost at the pre 3.2 level (10,100 now compared to 10,600 before, and yes these are the max values from the min-max roll shit).

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    i'm actually a drk main but i have noticed that current content does encourage stance dancing more than old stuff... and it fucking kills me that Grit/Oaths are STILL on the GCD.
    The justification I believe as discussed in the complaint thread was that an instant -15 (or 20?)% damage reduction off cooldown would be overpowered, though I dunno if inversely 5% extra damage overall can be considered the same.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    The justification I believe as discussed in the complaint thread was that an instant -15 (or 20?)% damage reduction off cooldown would be overpowered, though I dunno if inversely 5% extra damage overall can be considered the same.

Its always been instant. Just being on GCD is a DPS loss since instead of using an attack action PLD and DRK use Grit/ShO.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

also makes it clunky as shit and awkward to dance. counterpoint to the excuses you mention: warrior exists.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    also makes it clunky as shit and awkward to dance. counterpoint to the excuses you mention: warrior exists.

Nothing is more clunky than turning Grit off. You have to wait for you GCD to be ready, cancel it then hit your next GCD. While not a huge DPS loss (.5-1 second) its extremely clunky.

I actually feel like DRK got the least love this time around, parties in kill vids everywhere that would have been WAR/DRK are back to WAR/PLD, ofc this may just that people are going back to PLD after the changes, nothing to do with DRK itself.

But WAR got relatively untouched, PLD got made usable again (even if the changes could be better), what did DRK get?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

TP cost reduction and Grit not interrupting combos. BECAUSE STANCE DANCING IS TOTALLY WORTH DOING

nothing more infuriating than trying to cancel grit and then accidentally putting it right back up again