1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 3 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 6 hours, 39 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My main tank opener is something like ...

(Defiance)(Infuriatate) Tomahawk/OP (Brutal Swing) > HS (Unchained) > Maim (BloodB + Zerk) > SE > HS ( IR) > SS > (Deliverance) > BB > Fracture > HS > Fell Cleave > Maim > SE ..

I don't bother trying to delay pull to refresh stacks and get two Fell Cleave. Anyone do something different here? Or can math me a better opener?

As for OT opener...been going with Zerk after HS with triple Fell Cleave which seems to be the norm. A little awkward feeing though haven't quite tuned the oGCD usage to my liking yet...

Anyway, I ALWAYS advocate using Fracture during Zerk+IR uptime.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Aiurily View Post
    just for anyone who's wondering, you can only fit fracture in 3 fell cleave in zerk if you berserk after a heavy swing. otherwise you lose eye/bb combo etc afaik

edit: heres some more bad napkin math on to fracture or to not fracture

fell cleave: 693 potency after modifiers (1.05 x 1.2 x 1.1) [deliverance, maim, eye]
    average potency per gcd without fracture (eye/bb alternate) after modifiers - 286.44
    fell cleave potency gain - 406.56
    average gcds to build 5 stacks - 7.5
    average potency gain per gcd towards fell cleave - 54.208
    fracture potency after modifiers - 390.6 (accounting for slash debuff and dot inteaction)

fracture potency gain compared to the average gcd - 104.66, which becomes 49.952 after you account for the fact you're losing GCDs towards fell cleave. even if you know you have to double eye in order to keep fracture up, it's 22.232 potency increase still (since you lose some potency from not being able to bb combo for more dps)

this also doesn't account for wasted stacks of abandon and assumes you will always build a fell cleave in 7.5 gcds, disregarding the oGCD tools you have to build stacks as well (which i don't think should matter, since it's not in your GCD anyway, but i may be wrong). but if you waste your stacks and increase your average gcd towards fell cleave in your encounter, then fracture becomes more effective, rather than less. this also doesn't account for increased crit from building stacks faster with a no fracture rotation, and stuff like that. but anyway..

so if it's better in a vacuum and if this math is somehow actually correct (lol, yeah right), then you ideally want to fracture, but not in the same rotation as double/triple fell cleaves after you apply eye. try your best to snapshot it with IR/abandon stacks, but making room for BB combo for extra potency is a priority still, even if you sacrificed 100% fracture uptime for it (imo at least). although if you have fey wind up, i think you can afford 3 gcds extra after an eye combo and still refresh eye on itself; as long as you have fey wind for most of that rotation's duration.

now for 9 skill berserk rotations, whether that fracture is worth it or not (since you'll always want to double fell cleave in berserk; thus if you fracture in most cases, you will lose eye on its own reapplication) is something im too lazy to dive into. but if you start your berserk after a heavy swing, the issue isn't existent anyway (at least for triple fell cleave) because your 8th gcd should be 5 abandon fracture, then 9th fell cleave (as opposed to 8th fell cleave, 9th heavy swing)
    I thought DoTs weren't affected by damage-type vulnerabilities (piercing, slashing, blunt).

They aren't, only universal ones (TA).

The initial 100 potency hit does benefit from it tho.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

yep, and i calculated it as well with slash debuff applying to the 100 potency hit, fracture should be 310 potency (110 hit+slash debuff, then 200 from dot component), then modifier by deliverance and maim (5% and 20%) it becomes 390.6. the wording was a bit awkward sorry

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ah okay, my bad. Thanks for the clarification.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Do we know it is 1.2x1.05 or 1.25?

It's not additive. If the game was additive we'd be taking 0 damage from defense mitigation.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fell Cleave is balanced. Duo T5.

Spoiler: show

Hnngghh

To be fair, I don't see why any tank+SCH couldn't duo it, but not having tried T5 at 60 idk how tight the DPS checks for conflags and dreads are.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I tried as PLD first with someone else on SCH. Mostly quickly running out of TP and then being unable to kill conflag in time.

Ah, then yea I guess WAR's burst with FC would be the answer.

Still, I'd think holding onto Spirits/Scorn and having RA would have been pretty decent burst, did you have to save stacks and Infuriate to get them down in time?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's a TP issue more than anything. I was able to kill a conflag in time on PLD, but I was TP starved really quick (which makes killing the next one in time much harder). Also, the only stun PLD has is on the gcd and costs a ton of TP, but WAR stun is oGCD and costs 0 tp.. so also advantageous there on killing the dread.

Are they ever gonna fix TP fundamentally or just bandaid it for some jobs sometimes forever.

rhetorical question

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Fuck the other changes; I saw they adjusted the Fell Cleave sound and I'm not at home. Can anyone confirm: Is it still that delicious "SHIIIIIIING!" sound?!!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Wait, you mean you enjoyed the grating sound of circular saw blades? Fuck that noise.
    (Haven't been online yet, so I can't say what it is now)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I found it very satisfying as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

more mechanical, rattling sounding.

not as shingy

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Alex order?

Week1: Feetx2 Legsx2,Slaying Ring
    Week2: Waist,Accessory,Legsx2

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Someone made a chart of the optimal choices to get fully geared out in the least amount of time, assuming certain tokens only drop in certain turns.

Alexander Normal Loot List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast