1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 6 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 3 hours, 14 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Eh I would argue about Shield Bash because it's recast is just a GCD which adds utility
    It would add utility if anything useful could be stunned since the dreadknights in T5.

And if every melee and tank didn't have their own stun anyway (DRG and MNK have 2, even MCH has one).

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    It would add utility if anything useful could be stunned since the dreadknights in T5.

And if every melee and tank didn't have their own stun anyway (DRG and MNK have 2, even MCH has one).
    Sorry for being obstinate (most of it is just to be trolly) but I love PLDs that focus on stunning adds in shitty F3s >.>

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It'd be nice if status effects in general would actually work on anything worthwhile. They could even keep the diminishing returns shit they have now but Slow would be extremely useful even if you could only keep it up for like 15 seconds max before it would resist until reset. I'm sure we'll see a revamp of the enfeebling system in 4.0 with the introduction of RDM and Immunobreak though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The fact everything resists shit is the reason why a Utility tank won't work (and mostly why I believe Red Mage won't be an enfeebling mage). If they want Utility to work, they have to actually allow it to work. Pacification would be amazing in a lot of these boss fights.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If they really wanted they could make specific skills that bosses use bypass Pacification to make it not overpowered. Just classify the big moves you want people to have to work around as "Abilities" instead of skills. Given that it would still be restricted by resistance timers blocking some spam skills bosses use wouldn't be too broken.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If they're worried about it being overpowered / blocking out boss scripted attack then they should just change it to block auto-attacks for X seconds instead if the boss has pacification resistance. At least that way it isn't completely useless.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    If they really wanted they could make specific skills that bosses use bypass Pacification to make it not overpowered. Just classify the big moves you want people to have to work around as "Abilities" instead of skills. Given that it would still be restricted by resistance timers blocking some spam skills bosses use wouldn't be too broken.
    They've done a little something like this in A4. It's stun immune as usual but has a specific mechanic that you generally don't want to miss a stun on. Such strict timing might not work so well with Shield Swipes RNG but assuming it was scripted you could Sheltron to guarantee a pacification on something. Obviously with only PLD having it available it can't ever really be a key component to a fight though. I'd love to see it just disable boss auto-attacks though and that would definitely give PLD a nice edge as MT, even if they cut the duration in half or something.

A simpler solution I think is to have all status effects effect bosses but to a lesser degree.

Blind: Only affects auto attacks. Abilities are unaffected.
    Pacification: Lowers ability damage by 10%
    Slow: Increases casting time of abilities by 10%. Bosses reduce slow duration by 1/2 and double the time period for diminishing returns.
    Stun: Pauses Auto Attacks during Time Period. Bosses reduce stun duration by 1/2 and double the time period for diminishing returns.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Even if Blind did affect bosses, it would be useless. You could blind Titan EX and he still never, ever missed.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I think PLD need a trait to give = Spell speed from skill speed. I would give Shield Swipe as ability with a recast but only in Shield Oath. It is how I would see it.

Make Clemency a GCD ability. Not a spell.

Negates spell interrupt.
    Negates need for spell speed.
    Triggers faster, but still eats up 2.5 seconds.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Faytte View Post
    Make Clemency a GCD ability. Not a spell.

Negates spell interrupt.
    Negates need for spell speed.
    Triggers faster, but still eats up 2.5 seconds.
    Probably the best and most realistic fix for Clemency.

If they just made the cast 2s like every other single target cure it wouldn't matter.

It could still be a spell with a cast time and it would be perfectly functional.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    If they just made the cast 2s like every other single target cure it wouldn't matter.

It could still be a spell with a cast time and it would be perfectly functional.
    It does suck to see someone in need of a cure, and a healer beats you to it because they are just faster :/

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    It does suck to see someone in need of a cure, and a healer beats you to it because they are just faster :/

That's my clemency experience. No chance I'm beating a healer to a cure.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Or it could not be a spell and rather be an ability like Equilibrium. That would help.

Then you go back to every tank being the same again.

People have wanted a PLD cure since 2.0 and now they have one, it just needs to cast fast enough to actually be useful.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Or not be interruptable. Or make blocks prevent interruption so you can maybe Sheltron for it.

If its a spell then

1) Does not prevent parry and block. Honestly--we are tanks. We take damage.
    2) Cannot be interrupted from damage. Honestly--we are tanks. We take damage.

Having it be a 2.5 gcd ability with the same animation sped up==best solution though.

Skill Speed will matter.
    Its still mana locked.
    You still take the same amount of time.
    It lands a little faster.

Vwualla? Giving a discipline of war class a spell I think was silly to begin with.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Clemency is a spell because Paladins haven't been a Final Fantasy Paladin until now. Spells has always been part of Paladin's toolkit and it was awkward that this iteration of the job is more or less just a pure physical fighter. Nevermind the painful lack of weaponskills pre-HW. I once again have to reiterate that SE doesn't really know how to make a Utility tank work given how sloppy PLD's utility is at the moment.

Also, for future reference it's "voila".

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast