1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 50 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I just got Clemency and tried triggering Divine Veil but it did nothing. The tooltip for Veil reads that the cure needs to be from another party member so Veil will need some coordination or a macro to let a healer know you've used it if you want to save it for a time everyone groups up.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    PLDs Shield Oath DPS is going to be pretty blah just like before. No way to counter the -20% dmg really hurts. They made PLD more turtle then ever. Sheltron alone is going be a nice tool (esp with tower shields) for any physical tank buster. It will also free up Bulwark for force procing shield swipe for Emnity.
    I don't understand, there was never a way to counter the -20% damage reduction. Are you just coming to realize that this was on this spell this late into the games life?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I don't understand, there was never a way to counter the -20% damage reduction. Are you just coming to realize that this was on this spell this late into the games life?
    Srs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dein View Post
    I just got Clemency and tried triggering Divine Veil but it did nothing. The tooltip for Veil reads that the cure needs to be from another party member so Veil will need some coordination or a macro to let a healer know you've used it if you want to save it for a time everyone groups up.
    Thoughts on clemency? Numbers?

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
    Thoughts on clemency? Numbers?
    To start with, Clemency costs 1668 MP at 58 where my max MP is 4063 so I can only use it twice in a short period of time. Numbers wise, Clemency is regularly doing 2200-2500 per use and crits for around 3400. This is pretty close to 20% of my current total HP with full vit accessories such. In order to get the 50% heal you only need to use it on a party member and it'll heal you regardless if you actually restore any HP on your target. Aside from this I don't know how it handles in an actual dungeon yet as I took a break to cook after I got it and toyed around with it for a bit.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dein View Post
    I was hoping the 50% heal from casting it on a party member would trigger it. Bummer.

Edit: How much MP is your Riot Blade restoring?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks for the info. 58 is still a few days away for me.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I was hoping the 50% heal from casting it on a party member would trigger it. Bummer.

Edit: How much MP is your Riot Blade restoring?
    Riot Blade is restoring 347 MP at 58 and Sheltron restores 556 MP (same cost as Flash). It'll be hard to spam Clemency but it should be easy enough to throw it out whenever you feel you can get the cast off.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Those cure numbers are better than I thought they would be, so that's good. MP cost is pretty high but not like we've been starving for MP during boss fights anyway.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I am 52 but did not get new attack. Is it from quest?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by cute View Post
    I am 52 but did not get new attack. Is it from quest?
    Yes. All moves are from quests.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

How are you guys utilizing Divine Veil? I haven't even stopped to test how it works.

If I’m understanding this correctly, paladin casts divine veil
    Someone cures the paladin,
    Everyone including the paladin gains a mitigation of up to 10% of the hp of caster (might make double pld raids worth it?)
    After this you wait until the paladin is literally at the brink of death and then pop a big cure on him which would disable the effect?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Unless they're expecting plds to be packing cure or use clemency with it. >.> Or I mean, have the WAR go MRD and do thrill of battle and cure you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    Unless they're expecting plds to be packing cure or use clemency with it. >.> Or I mean, have the WAR go MRD and do thrill of battle and cure you.
    If that works then the paladin could have well over a base of 2k mitigation lmao

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    If I’m understanding this correctly, paladin casts divine veil
    Someone cures the paladin,
    Everyone including the paladin gains a mitigation of up to 10% of the hp of caster (might make double pld raids worth it?)
    After this you wait until the paladin is literally at the brink of death and then pop a big cure on him which would disable the effect?
    Has it been confirmed that the mitigation is based off of the person casting the cure and not the PLD by default? The description of the ability says that the PLD "Casts" a barrier once he receives healing so it could very well be that the PLD's HP is the one always taken into account. Also you don't have to wait until the PLD is on the brink of death. The only thing that wears off when receiving a heal is Divine Veil itself not the barrier. The barrier has a duration of 30s once it's activated.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

No, Divine Veil does not give you a barrier if you're the one that used it. Veil's barrier will hit all party members in range but you, the paladin, get nothing so it's purely a support ability. And as I said a few posts back, you cannot activate your own Divine Veil barrier affect with self curing so it must come from someone else in your group.

Edit: Figured I'd post some thoughts on level 60 stuff. Royal Authority is doing around 700 damage for me in Shield Oath with an average of ilvl 164 gear using the 180 sword. Crits do about 1k-1.1k and goes up to about 960ish with FoF for normal hits. I've been running the two endgame dungeons getting more 170 gear for both PLD and DRK but right now I feel like I'm having a harder time with generating hate than I did back at 50. Don't know if it's just due to my lack of gear or if dps classes just got a lot in the way of buffs to their damage but it's been a noticeable difference so far.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Elaborating a little more on Divine Veil, since I just got it and found that my chocobo can help me solo test it.

Use Divine Veil.

Get healed. Divine Veil wears off and all party members get a shield worth 10% of the PLD's max HP. So if I have 11k HP, they get a 1.1k barrier. If I have 6k HP they get a 600 barrier (this is how I tested, incidentally).

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Is it a phalanx kind of barrier or just a stoneskin type deal?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

You can get more than 160 item level yet?

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Is it a phalanx kind of barrier or just a stoneskin type deal?
    If it works like the new BLM and NIN abilities it should be similar to Phalanx. Though if Seravi would be so kind as to see if it blocks both physical and magical damage that would be good since even though NIN's description and buff tooltip say generic "damage" it only affects physical hits.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast