1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 46 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Just to clarify, the current PLD rotation in Shield Oath is Rage -> Goring -> Royal ->repeat with a 1 sec downtime on Str Down yes? And Sword Oath is Goring -> Royal 2x unless you need Str Down up? While we're at it, what're good times a PLD should be looking to use Clemency right now?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Unless I'm missing something, that rotation looks like it would clip Gore Blade's DoT.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

By like 1-2 ticks. It's acceptable. Realistically you might need to dodge, use Swipe, use Stoneskin/Clemency/Oath which would give you that extra tick.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, that rotation looks like it would clip Gore Blade's DoT.

That's right, but it lets you swipe x2 per rotation. With mild SS you get 10 GCDs per goring.

Goring > 1 > 2 > 3 Royal > 4 > 5 > 6 Halone > 7 > 8 > Goring

The other option that isn't yet viable is to stack enough SS to get 3 full combos in between Goring. (11 total GCDs 2.18 GCD) Or just let goring fall off for a second at current SS levels.

Goring > 1 > 2 > 3 Royal > 4 > 5 > 6 Halone > 7 >8 > 9 Royal > 10 > 11 Goring

However there would be zero room for swipes.

Something to note, you may want to cancel shield oath before you apply Goring blade then reapply shield oath after, similar to WAR defiance. You'll lose one GCD this way though, I still have to math out what needs to be done to make this worth it.

Goring without Shield Oath -> 540

Goring with Shield Oath -> ~432

108 potency difference, not worth it, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Goring without Shield Oath -> 540

Goring with Shield Oath -> ~432

108 potency difference, not worth it, at all.
    Yeah you'd have to cancel shield oath and get a riot blade, goring blade, and a fracture/shield swipe to make it worth it. It's good to note that during jump mechanics if you're not expecting big damage when he comes down immediately, like ravana ex for example, switching to sword oath while in air then doing goring blade and shield oathing is more than worth it because of the potency increase and not being penalized for two gcds.

Don't get too cocky or there will be an emergency maintenance to increases the MP cost of Oaths tenfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Don't get too cocky or there will be an emergency maintenance to increases the MP cost of Oaths tenfold.
    The fact that they cost MP and they're the only class with a GCD for an offensive stance switch is rather stupid.

I like how they fixed the issue for DRK (kinda, their stances aren't mutually exclusive) along with their reactionary skill being oGCD but PLD can still go fuck themselves apparently.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Anybody messed with PLD builds? Looks like i150 crafted are the best accessories? The only issue I see is ACC restraints.

Slaying i150s give 31 str and can be cheaply melded with VIT iv x2 and iii x3 for 28 VIT.

That's 155 STR and 140 VIT total. Vs the 180 cap of i180s. (36vit or 36 str) You could obviously stack even more as gil allows but that would be a cheap alternative. Lose 40 vit to pick up 155 str.

Left side gear give 193 acc.

The best ACC pick up is the wrist slot, slaying and fending both offer 32 acc, while the melded comes with 0. Slaying ear is 32 as well but only +10 over the i150 melded. Slaying rings pick up 22/20 vs 0 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Anybody messed with PLD builds? Looks like i150 crafted are the best accessories? The only issue I see is ACC restraints.

Slaying i150s give 31 str and can be cheaply melded with VIT iv x2 and iii x3 for 28 VIT.

That's 155 STR and 140 VIT total. Vs the 180 cap of i180s. (36vit or 36 str) You could obviously stack even more as gil allows but that would be a cheap alternative. Lose 40 vit to pick up 155 str.

Left side gear give 193 acc.

The best ACC pick up is the wrist slot, slaying and fending both offer 32 acc, while the melded comes with 0. Slaying ear is 32 as well but only +10 over the i150 melded. Slaying rings pick up 22/20 vs 0 as well.

While I agree I think you may want to hold out on pentamelding these. They still haven't introduced tier 5 material and they may put more crafting recipes in. Generally the pattern was to keep the accessories 20 ilvls below so once they introduce the next set of law gear I imagine that they'll put it in but it may not be until Alexander Savage. Although they did mention changing this and being upset that people were using accessories and melding in this fashion.

I've also seen some green crafted gear but I don't know where it comes from/how to make it. I'm holding off on melds until we see Savage, personally.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Although they did mention changing this and being upset that people were using accessories and melding in this fashion.
    It's their own fucking fault for making default Fending accessories such shit, full of VIT and no goddamn STR.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If they want tanks to meekly wear max VIT, there needs to be a much better incentive. i150 melded accessories sound fine even if we go up to i200 with Esoterics.

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    It's their own fucking fault for making default Fending accessories such shit, full of VIT and no goddamn STR.
    Not sure if this is a troll or not? I'm not sure what you were expecting every accessory has it's own set of primary stat this is just one of them.

What they were upset about is lower ilevel gear being optimal because you can double primary stat meld it and using the VIT from this to pass ilvl HP checks in early raid progression. (Tera/Gigaflare in full 110 etc) If you're expecting all Fending Accessories via being crafted or raid drops to have STR in addition to that, I'm not sure what to say. Nothing worth noting for endgame content in this game currently has ever had two primary stats on it in that fashion on the right side prior to melding.

Whether or not that should be the case is a different story.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Not sure if this is a troll or not? I'm not sure what you were expecting every accessory has it's own set of primary stat this is just one of them.
    Chill out. How is that trolling? They can easily decide to break their status quo on primary stats; they've chosen not to.

Whether or not that should be the case is a different story.
    This is the point.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The issue is with SE being upset with players for utilizing their crafting system to make better gear than their sub-optimal stuffs instead of playing the game they expected.

To note I would think this would be what crafting is meant for.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    The issue is with SE being upset with players for utilizing their crafting system to make better gear than their sub-optimal stuffs instead of playing the game they expected.

To note I would think this would be what crafting is meant for.

Exactly they could have easily left out main stat materia and non of this would have ever happened, but they added it and players used it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm having a fair amount of entertainment using Clemency in dungeons. My max so far is a crit 6000 heal which is pretty decent. Probably more useful in raids, for example, T13, on puddles, use it on the DPS getting hit, heal yourself to full right before incoming Flattens. Not needed of course, but always useful.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast