1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    PoA sounds silly in one respect: I'm assuming you don't have to be between what you're "blocking" and who is behind you. So I imagine you could be at the boss's ass, turn around, PoA, and it would mitigate for the MT in front.

Picture how incredibly silly that is. Effectiveness aside. You probably wouldn't want to do that unless it's a crazy strong buster given the DPS loss, but it's still interesting.
    I see it in the MT position, doing the same, just letting melee still hit positionals and such while still getting the damage reduction. Bonus if you cover someone as well.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

You can also block while facing away from the mob now so there's going to be little reason to use the skill "as intended" versus turning around in order to place the field wherever you want it.

Should've really given it the same back/side enemy crit boost that comes with Raw Intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    You most likely create a conal area behind the PLD so depending on big the area is, might be possible to cheese the skill like that. But they did have blocks only function when hit from the front before so it's even more likely the safe zone only appears if the PLD gets hit from the front.
    Size of the field area is here https://youtu.be/KjmiP5PueQI?t=192

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The sillier thing is I can imagine in a 2PLD setup you could have MT PoA for the block rate, and OT PoA him for the -15% damage.

So you'd have 2 of this at once. Not optimal, but silly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Just have them keep covering each other for 20% damage reduction + whatever cd you want.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    You can also block while facing away from the mob now so there's going to be little reason to use the skill "as intended" versus turning around in order to place the field wherever you want it.

Should've really given it the same back/side enemy crit boost that comes with Raw Intuition.

Size of the field area is here https://youtu.be/KjmiP5PueQI?t=192
    I probably shouldn't just skim the live letters. I await all the silly ways we end up using it for.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

the wait was worth it boys

Spoiler: show

looks shopped as fuck but at this point nothing would surprise me

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Was about to post that.

DRK and WAR has got to have some equivalents to let that go through. It'd be the Storm Path problem all over again if they don't.

Edit: There's enough yellow flags about that screenshot to suggest it's shopped. We'll know for sure come patch notes though.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Even if it's not shopped (I think it is though), it wouldn't be as bad as Storm's Path because of the uptime. Which is not to say it doesn't look silly when put beside the rest of the PLD buffs/changes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Datamining shows that Requiescat buffs your magic potency. So the trick attack effect is indeed fake.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Only changes from the media tour build I could see is that Fight or Flight was nerfed slightly (25% damage increase and 25s duration down from 30% and 30s) and Holy Spirit now gives 20 gauge when used in Shield Oath. Not sure how much the FoF hurts PLD but I doubt it's enough to bring them anywhere near to being inline with WAR and DRK's damage. Also looking like Sole Survivor won't have the 10% increased damage on target in PvE so DRK might have lost out in the meta.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Dein View Post
    Only changes from the media tour build I could see is that Fight or Flight was nerfed slightly (25% damage increase and 25s duration down from 30% and 30s) and Holy Spirit now gives 20 gauge when used in Shield Oath. Not sure how much the FoF hurts PLD but I doubt it's enough to bring them anywhere near to being inline with WAR and DRK's damage. Also looking like Sole Survivor won't have the 10% increased damage on target in PvE so DRK might have lost out in the meta.
    PLD would still be ahead of WAR/DRK even if they had outright removed FoF, the -5%/-5s change is outright laughable. Not even exaggerating: change FoF's multiplier to 1 in the tank spreadsheet and look at the resulting avg potencies.

The only thing that could stop PLD x2 setups as of this patch (aside from LB needs) is PLD's job modifier being significantly lower (25-30%) than DRK/WAR's, which I'm not holding my breath for. Even then, it's not like that'd fix the mechanical/utility issues for DRK/WAR so even if all tanks did similar DPS, PLD is still likely to have one locked slot.

There might be another patch later today too.