1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 50 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Pardon my prior numbers, I'm special in the head apparently.

Asuran Greatshield - Kite - 21% Blocked

Hive Scutum - Tower - 28% Blocked

So a solid 7% difference. Forced blocks with Sheltron and Bulwark don't affect anything but chance, but I'm still not sure if it's worth losing the passive block chance. I took hits just long enough to get annoyed during Hive Scutum testing before I popped Bulwark. Still, the difference is more significant than I thought (I have no idea where I remembered 25% from), which is both good and annoying all at once in terms of shields. The basics here say the forced and increased blocks (Sheltron, every 30s if you remember it, and Bulwark, 15s of increased block chance every 180s) are definitely worth it on the towers, but does the inclusion of a periodic block outweigh Kite?

Edit: I do have SS evidence, but 7 posts, so I'll just go cry in the corner for now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

If you give the SS source, someone can post them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ismenian View Post
    Pardon my prior numbers, I'm special in the head apparently.

Asuran Greatshield - Kite - 21% Blocked

Hive Scutum - Tower - 28% Blocked

So a solid 7% difference. Forced blocks with Sheltron and Bulwark don't affect anything but chance, but I'm still not sure if it's worth losing the passive block chance. I took hits just long enough to get annoyed during Hive Scutum testing before I popped Bulwark. Still, the difference is more significant than I thought (I have no idea where I remembered 25% from), which is both good and annoying all at once in terms of shields. The basics here say the forced and increased blocks (Sheltron, every 30s if you remember it, and Bulwark, 15s of increased block chance every 180s) are definitely worth it on the towers, but does the inclusion of a periodic block outweigh Kite?

Edit: I do have SS evidence, but 7 posts, so I'll just go cry in the corner for now.

25% was probably factoring in the base increase from STR it used to have.

For reference: PLD at 50 with dreadwyrm shield blocks for 30% with the changes.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Also block for 30% at 50 with that Titanium kite shield. But at 54 when I could equip it I only blocked for 24% and at 56 now it only blocks for 20%.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

First with the Hive Scutum (Tower, i190, Block Str 533), second with (as shown) Asuran Greatshield (Kite, i180, Block Str 322). Also WOO image privledges.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Finished my melds ~3.5mil total and worth every penny since I don't have to do hunts for i180s.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/5098390/

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Finished my melds ~3.5mil total and worth every penny since I don't have to do hunts for i180s.

Hoping for you that Alex + new tombstone won't make you regret that decision

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Hoping for you that Alex + new tombstone won't make you regret that decision
    At 3.5mil nothing can make me regret it lol. Even if they are replaced in 2 weeks I have the worst RNG luck ever and can't bank on anything from Alex. With tomes i'll do left side first so that's 6-8 weeks before accessories.

The only way they aren't a steal is if i160+ hybrids become available with normal Alex.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm hesitant to meld because I fear they will add new crafted Acc's in 3.1 <,<

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

How fun is PLD 3.0 compared to 2.0? I might level it next, after a little break, got burned out a bit after SCH + AST to 60 lol

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    How fun is PLD 3.0 compared to 2.0? I might level it next, after a little break, got burned out a bit after SCH + AST to 60 lol
    The extra combo options add some variety, and I'm loving clemency (but I'm a former XI PLD so I like to heal people while tanking)

At 3.5mil nothing can make me regret it lol. Even if they are replaced in 2 weeks I have the worst RNG luck ever and can't bank on anything from Alex. With tomes i'll do left side first so that's 6-8 weeks before accessories.

The only way they aren't a steal is if i160+ hybrids become available with normal Alex.
    I was gonna say you could have probably saved some gil using Fending accessories with good secondaries melded with STR but the STR/VIT on accessories doesn't even out until the 180 level for some reason, and STR materia gives less STR than VIT materia gives VIT, so you would get less from the melds.

It's a very odd trend:
    0-i139 -----> VIT>STR
    i142 -------> VIT=STR
    i145-i170 --> STR>VIT
    i180 -------> VIT=STR

Wonder if it's gonna keep bobbing back and forth or if they're just gonna stay equal i180+.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

3.5mil is a steal. Did you farm/craft the acc? I have MIN/GSM 50+ so I can probably just farm/craft them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
    3.5mil is a steal. Did you farm/craft the acc? I have MIN/GSM 50+ so I can probably just farm/craft them.
    My raidmate made them for me, he has all crafts at 60. Materia is extremely cheap right now since nobody is using any.

If they add new craftables in 3.1 everyone will have to deal with V material to meld correctly, which won't be fun or cheap. Nobody seems to be on the i150 hybrid trend so get them while they are cheap.

PLD is fun at 60. I haven't found a use for Clemency or Divine Veil yet. I use Clemency sometimes when soloing if I pick up too many mobs but in a raid setting I'm always slower then my healers. Divine veil is too gimmicky IMO. They won't build a raid element around it since WAR/DRK don't have anything similar.

The new combos are good and interesting. They are large DPS increases over Halone but do not have the enmity of Halone. I find myself stance dancing less because of them and am still getting a feel for their use. ex. Do I swap to sword and be forced to use Halone or do I just stand in shield oath and spam Royal.

Shield swipe is very effective for keeping hate and managing TP. Sheltron just makes it all easier. The MP regen is very nice for mass pulls as well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

My raidmate made them for me, he has all crafts at 60. Materia is extremely cheap right now since nobody is using any.

If they add new craftables in 3.1 everyone will have to deal with V material to meld correctly, which won't be fun or cheap. Nobody seems to be on the i150 hybrid trend so get them while they are cheap.
    I'm on backwater Jenova for now so crafter market is 300-400%. I'll finish off GSM and make them.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Just gonna say, even if they make i160 it won't be that much better.

If anything you will need better melds/t5 materia to fill it out. This is basically like using Ruby in 2.5(?) instead of Platinum. You're a little inferior, yeah, but not by that much for what you spend.

And as discussed, i150meld is already beating projected i200 accessories in any combination except max DPS (full STR, no VIT).

In fact I am pretty sure they will, for a long time, not add i160 accessories solely because the lack of doing so makes it impossible to put T5 on them which makes them forever a little short on secondaries. Even right now the only meldable i160 in the game is a green crafted body.

Also it's noteworthy that crafted accessories are back to having 2 secondaries instead of 1.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Also it's noteworthy that crafted accessories are back to having 2 secondaries instead of 1.

Yeah i forgot to mention that. I'm sitting at 550 SS but haven't tested it yet. Hoping for 11 GCD between gorings.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Also Taint, you think we'll -need- extra accuracy on those accs? I notice you didn't cheap out on melds.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast