1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 53 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's more of a Stoneskin type deal, using my exact example above. Your PLD's VIT/HP affects how good it is for everyone. If I have 13k HP, you will all get a 1.3k barrier.

Definitely blocks physical. I would assume magical too since it is otherwise COMPLETELY pointless in a raid setting.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Seems like they're really trying to shove VIT builds down our throats

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Vit onry! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    It's more of a Stoneskin type deal, using my exact example above. Your PLD's VIT/HP affects how good it is for everyone. If I have 13k HP, you will all get a 1.3k barrier.

Definitely blocks physical. I would assume magical too since it is otherwise COMPLETELY pointless in a raid setting.
    Confirmed it blocks magical. Been using it for Bismarck and
    Spoiler: show
    The Vault
    to counter the last bosses AoE fire shit.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Sounds like it would be really good when PLD is the OT. Have the party stack behind the boss, pop DV, heal the PLD and have a free shield.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

On the more extreme side you could have a SCH adlobane the same PLD. So everyone has Adlo and DV. Realistically I suppose you would use them on 2 separate attacks though.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Haven't been back to PLD since starting up HW with drk, but I'm just getting around to looking at the shields and their stats and it seems to be less of the middle types (same block rate/strength) and more of the others with high strength or high rate. With all of the changes and abilities, what type would be the best way to go?

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Since no one has mentioned it here yet, Clemency scales with STR. Tried swapping out my VIT accessories with old 110 str accessories and Clemency jumped about 500 points with each use so that's one thing to consider when people start looking at using STR accessories for OT/MT dps.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Tower shields will be very strong now that PLD can force a block every 30 seconds. And clemency scales with attack power which is why STR boost it so much.

PLD is looking much better the more it's figured out IMO.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Just to add to the Tower shields being better argument, the best shield in the game (as far as ilvl) is the Hive Scutum which is the Tower Shield archetype.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It's seems with all the new abilities, the controller hotbar is going to get pretty full. How is everyone setting it up. Do most use keyboard?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Tower shields will be very strong now that PLD can force a block every 30 seconds. And clemency scales with attack power which is why STR boost it so much.

I feel that way about all the jobs, pretty much, though I wish Drk would gain Mnk's int down effect so they'd have a true role in raiding.

I'm super in love with the Pld and War changes.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tiernin View Post
    It's seems with all the new abilities, the controller hotbar is going to get pretty full. How is everyone setting it up. Do most use keyboard?
    I'm handling it fine on KB+M, I put Sheltron, DV, and Clemency all on (regular 5-button mouse) mouse button+modifiers. I'm nearing the limit of how many keys I have but on PLD I'm fine.

I had a couple keys designated to 1st and 2nd petbar partially due to being ex-SCH main, but ever since they changed "machine-operated" mechanics to just change bar1 to the device I haven't needed it and can now use that on all classes.

While I haven't played around with controller, I guess you could do the LB+RB (LB first) and RB+LB (RB first) hotbars? Some say it's clunkier than just lump (LB+RB together), but if your space is super limited...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I'm handling it fine on KB+M, I put Sheltron, DV, and Clemency all on (regular 5-button mouse) mouse button+modifiers. I'm nearing the limit of how many keys I have but on PLD I'm fine.

I had a couple keys designated to 1st and 2nd petbar partially due to being ex-SCH main, but ever since they changed "machine-operated" mechanics to just change bar1 to the device I haven't needed it and can now use that on all classes.

While I haven't played around with controller, I guess you could do the LB+RB (LB first) and RB+LB (RB first) hotbars? Some say it's clunkier than just lump (LB+RB together), but if your space is super limited...
    Hopefully they add options for the new xbox one contoller but I doubt it. The 4 extra buttons under the controller could be used similar to L2+R2/R2+L2.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post

I rolled into HW as an i123 PLD using the upgraded Shiva shield. Unlocked Sheltron last night and now I really need to find a Tower/Scutum, or at least a Kite shield; it's worthless with the Buckler type.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The shield you can buy from the i115 vendors in Ishgard is a Tower shield. It's NQ though but I'm pretty sure it has a higher block strength than the Kite shields available at the very least.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

The shield accuracy is it 5% of my total stat or is 5% on my stat? With 550 accuracy it will be 577 or 95% + 5% = 100% hit?

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

From the way the tooltip describes it (and the lack of it actually affecting your Accuracy stat) it's most likely the 95% + 5% scenario.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

If it is 600 to be 100% do I need 572 with shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    From the way the tooltip describes it (and the lack of it actually affecting your Accuracy stat) it's most likely the 95% + 5% scenario.
    I assume they made it a flat hit rate increase instead of an increase to the ACC stat just to make it super fucking annoying to try and figure out frontal accuracy caps/how much accuracy you actually need.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast