1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 12 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

So, on pentamelded i150s again for a sec.

Scaling of accessories is really mild right now. At i150 you can reasonably expect to meld 28 VIT (44333) to Slaying accs (31 STR) as Taint said. i200 would be projected at around 40 STR or ~39 VIT. Barring crippling accuracy needs, melded is going to be kind for a while yet.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
    DET is still effectively your "base" (w/ STR obviously). You're gonna need X amount of DET to hit so hard, crit at that point just modifies your base. Waiting for Dervy DRG testing to see how DET stacks up in 3.0 but as Niiro said, they only lowered the auto attack effect, still need DET as your base modifier on Weapon skills. Realistically, its importance didn't change at all.

They also slapped high quantities of DET on gear. Instead of being 2/3s of the other stats its normally just 1 point under the under stat caps.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Ismenian View Post
    Having just got the Hive Scutum, I'm not sure how I feel about Towers over Kites. My Scutum only does 3% more block than my Asuran Greatshield, and wasn't it found that passively, Kite Shields are just better?
    Is the difference between 533 and 322 Block Strength really only 3%? I thought from a while ago we had determined that Block % was basically equivalent to Block Strength/10 +/- a few % from STR which isn't a thing anymore. Did Block Strength scaling also change at 60 cause that's kind of depressing if so.

For clarification what exactly are your Block %s with both the Scutum and the Greatshield?

The formula would have to change or the damage reduction from blocks would just get higher and higher with greater ilvl shields.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    The formula would have to change or the damage reduction from blocks would just get higher and higher with greater ilvl shields.
    exactly. We are just scratching the surface of gear progression for 3.x if they didn't scale it we would all be rocking Ochain by the end of the 3.x series. (Ochain blocked like 95% of hits in FFXI)

Also, does STR have any effect on block/parry at all now?

I think I read somewhere that the JP tooltip for STR doesn't mention it any more.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Also, does STR have any effect on block/parry at all now?

I think I read somewhere that the JP tooltip for STR doesn't mention it any more.

Nope. (unless it takes like 200+ to move it a single %)

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

SE wrote themselves into a corner on that one. They could have just as easily only had the 3 archetypes of Tower, Kite, Buckler and the only difference between ilvls were the primary/secondary stats. The idea of increasing Block Rate/Strength is ultimately unnecessary if they are just going to retool the formula with every level cap raise.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    SE wrote themselves into a corner on that one. They could have just as easily only had the 3 archetypes of Tower, Kite, Buckler and the only difference between ilvls were the primary/secondary stats. The idea of increasing Block Rate/Strength is ultimately unnecessary if they are just going to retool the formula with every level cap raise.

They have to or else the progression between caps would have to be extremely low.

We wend from a ~22 block rate to a ~35 block rate in 2.x

I bet we see the same progression over the next year. Anything beyond 35-40 starts making shields too good and hard to balance with DRK and WAR.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Only for shields which are already considered lower tier upgrades on par with accessories by the game itself anyway considering they cost about the same amount of tomestones as accessories and require the same material to upgrade.

Edit: Also you don't see a problem with WAR progression in that regard considering they have no meaningful way to increase their Parry rate/strength beyond sacrificing secondary attributes on their gear.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So exept stupidity, why do I find so many PLD that wanna OT and let WAR MT?

What makes them think that it's better like that?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post

Major DPS increase? Divine Veil feels incredibly OTish to me as well.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Out of our 5 new skills, 3 of them, Goring Blade, Royal Authority, and Clemency are extremely well suited to OT role. Sheltron, although more useful for MT due to possible uptime, is also useful for OT'ing as well. Divine Veil might require someone else to proc but otherwise useful in either MT or OT role. So reason why PLDs want to OT? Because we have new toys and want to play with them.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Major DPS increase? Divine Veil feels incredibly OTish to me as well.
    Can a Paladin OT really bypass a war OT? DPS wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    Out of our 5 new skills, 3 of them, Goring Blade, Royal Authority, and Clemency are extremely well suited to OT role. Sheltron, although more useful for MT due to possible uptime, is also useful for OT'ing as well. Divine Veil might require someone else to proc but otherwise useful in either MT or OT role. So reason why PLDs want to OT? Because we have new toys and want to play with them.
    3/5 of WAR's new skills can only be used in an OT role (well, you can tank in Deliverance if your healers can handle it, but still).

PLD still uses Goring/Royal/Clemency while MTing.

Now get back in Shield Oath and tank, I wanna break 6k with Fell Cleave before they nerf it!

Can a Paladin OT really bypass a war OT? DPS wise?
    PLD was better OT damage in 2.0, and now they've got a 340 finisher (up from 260) and a 550 potency DoT.

WAR got a flat 5% damage increase and Fell Cleave.

It's no question which can burst better, but overall damage is probably pretty competitive (over time, I can see PLD pulling ahead).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

3/5 of WAR's new skills can only be used in an OT role (well, you can tank in Deliverance if your healers can handle it, but still).

PLD still uses Goring/Royal/Clemency while MTing.

Now get back in Shield Oath and tank, I wanna break 6k with Fell Cleave before they nerf it!
    Hush, you had your glory 2.0 era, go bend over and take Alexander's shiny metal finger like a man.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Shield block is on level and the shield. China player see no diff than in version 2 of the game. You can see with level 50 shield at 60 is weak when strong at 50.

BG Level

mmmm ok?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I haven't seen any PLD Parses yet...but it was my thought as well that PLD DPS would still be on par or surpass WAR in 3.0.

The real advantage warrior has now is TP management, can spam Fracture until we're blue in the face now that Equilibrium exists, plus Fell Cleave for a bit more recovery.

Anyway, yeah I would like to see some PLD parses. I know WAR can break 900@i180.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Can't speak for everyone, but in my experience a lot of DF WARs will just fight you for the mob and PLD can't win that race so I just shove MT duties on them to start with and handle adds myself unless they royally fuck up.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast