1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 11 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    You are agreeing with me. If oGCD is stupid good in your example A4S, why wouldn't using Defiance+Equilibirum be equally as good?
    Equilibrium has a minute-long CD and Missiles happen much more often than that. Also, oGCD Oaths wouldn't require the use of an extra skill.

In the end I'm not really arguing for how broken or not broken Oaths would be (and neither was MisterBob, judging from his last post). All I pointed out is your comparison wasn't a good argument: you basically said that because WAR can do one oGCD Oath every minute (with a very obvious drawback), Oaths should just be oGCDs.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Equilibrium has a minute-long CD and Missiles happen much more often than that. Also, oGCD Oaths wouldn't require the use of an extra skill.

In the end I'm not really arguing for how broken or not broken Oaths would be (and neither was MisterBob, judging from his last post). All I pointed out is your comparison wasn't a good argument: you basically said that because WAR can do one oGCD Oath every minute (with a very obvious drawback), Oaths should just be oGCDs.

Ok makes sense.

I was approaching the ability to do so is broken, where the ability to do so exist already for WAR. (Limited by Equilibrium, Infuriate or already accumulated stacks) Whether its right or wrong to do so, you can do it. If it was broken people would do it.

My point was you can ShO every missile now. The cost is DPS.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

All swords have the same delay 2.24. All new shields are Kite.

The sword one is a bummer.

Am I dumb or has the upgraded PLD Eso i210 chest now surpassed the Void Ark chest? That Crit doesn't make up for the Vit and Str gain right?

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Well, Vit and Str are supposedly giving .45 AP per point each right now so it may boil down to secondary stats being more important on the left side pieces. The eso chest is what Parry and Acc? May be better to use Void Ark until you can afford the lore chest since that has pretty good secondaries.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Changes they made to PLD are really nice, hate goes up so much faster. TP issues seem to be non-existant now, I have yet to run out one time since the update. And Divine Veil + Clemency on a PT for big AoE hits is some sexy ass shit. Now if we could just get some sexy ass DPS boost, we'd be set.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

PLD is very competitive from what I have seen in Savage in terms of DPS from what it previously was comparatively among the tanks now, so I'm not sure what you mean?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    PLD is very competitive from what I have seen in Savage in terms of DPS from what it previously was comparatively among the tanks now, so I'm not sure what you mean?

I haven't started Savage yet, but I'm chasing my WAR OT in DPS during Sephi. The changes were very good IMO beyond the lack of AoE still.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Well, I don't parse on PLD, just felt iffy still. Maybe I'm just not noticing that part as much since it still "tank DPS". That aside, this update did something right for PLD. I love it.

Not like PLD has much of a DPS rotation, though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Changes they made to PLD are really nice, hate goes up so much faster. TP issues seem to be non-existant now, I have yet to run out one time since the update. And Divine Veil + Clemency on a PT for big AoE hits is some sexy ass shit. Now if we could just get some sexy ass DPS boost, we'd be set.
    the pld in my static cross classes cure to activate divine veil.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

...that actually sounds like a good idea. less MP cost.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    ...that actually sounds like a good idea. less MP cost.

What else would you use your MP for?

It sounds good but its not like you'll ever cast clemency in a real raid setting. So plenty of MP to blow.

You'd lose Fracture adding Cure, which isn't a big deal but there are a few uses for Fracture at 60 and lots of uses when capped at 50.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    the pld in my static cross classes cure to activate divine veil.
    I...didn't even think of that. That sounds a lot better.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

edit - never mind I didn't see they changed how viel works.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Single target DPS is pretty competitive now and if there's ever a reason to sit in tank stance for extended periods of time a PLD is probably going to be the best choice because of the reduced penalty on Shield Oath.

Divine Veil still having the curing requirement is retarded, Clemency should cast like Scathe, and anything involving groups of enemies is still horrendous, but any improvement is better than nothing.

Is mp really an issue where you cross class cure?

Clemency is 2.1k mp. Divine veil is 2min CD while sheltron is a 30s CD which gives 700mp. Also the small mp from goring blade.

I assume mp issue is from oath swapping.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Ignoring the fact that popping your own veil is kind of retarded in the first place, MP shouldn't ever be an issue regardless. I was helping a PF group with SephEX lastnight and they wanted me to swap back to shield oath for the tank busters and MP still wasn't ever an issue with constant swapping back and forth. Even in the final phase where you can't really utilize Sheltron (pretty sure towers are the only thing you can block, maybe earthshakers too but there's no reason to be hit by those) it wasn't ever an issue.

Am I an old man for still thinking Clemency is kind of crappy?

I've heard multiple uses for it, and yeah some are valid but it feels as if most of them are highly situational, it's not 'amazing' as I've seen some people desribe it, it doesn't feel like an integral part of my kit at all but everyone seems to love it, how scrubby am I?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

No, it's still a shitty skill.

What's with all the love then? I hear people saying 'If X and Y happen, and both healers are dead it can prevent a wipe!" or something.

Closed Thread
Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast