1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

<OF MINDSET>

Blind = reducing incoming damage = good cause you're a tank, you're not meant to DPS!

</OF MINDSET>

Did I do good?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Blind doesn't even work on anything though. It's a fucking useless effect.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Started messing around with WAR relic since I finished my PLD. First time playing WAR in over a year. I don't know why people say this job is superior to PLD in every way, it does have a few cool aspects, but it has some freaking annoying quirks too... for one, Overpower is horrible.... conal versus AoE.... it uses TP instead of MP... I've never run out of TP on PLD, and I use my rotations non stop. If you don't get the Overpower positioning exactly perfect at the start of each pull you're fucked on TP.

Second... hate on PLD is so much easier to hold... trash mobs I can pull as much as I want use about 3 Flashes(and Circle of Scorn) and I can hold hate on anything with just a Goring Blade rotation.... or Royal Authority if the mobs HP is too low for Goring Blade... I don't know how people can say how people can say WAR holds better hate than PLD. Not saying WAR is bad at holding hate. But you definitely need a bit more strategy when gathering multiple mobs. Also, Flash is easily stronger than Overpower as far as hate generation. Usually when grabbing the first pack of a large pull, I can throw down a CoS and a Flash and impatient DPS can toss hits on them while we are running and never pull it off me before I get to the nextr batch of mobs... I throw down 2 Overpowers and they end up pulling under trhe same situation. I need to grab the 1st stack with 3 Overpowers?

So let's see, Overpower is weaker than Flash, and conal... and limited by TP... Flash is stonger than Overpower, AoE, and MP is virtually limitless on PLD..... Gee, I wonder which is better for holding hate on multiple mobs...

Mitigation, I'll admit Veangeance is awesome. And it's nice having a full time Convalescence on big pulls when in Defiance.

Dungeons don't even really go that much faster, bosses are actually slower in the 50 dungeons because I don't have access to Deliverance. trash probably goes slower because it's a little harder to get everything stable, (I probably just need more practice when that). Hopefully it gets better when I get to 60 content on my relic quests. But I doubt much will change except the addition of Deliverance.
    Which will most likely help on bosses, but trash will probably be not much different as far as kill speed.
    im dead

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Got my relic quest up to HW dungeons, bosses are going a bit faster now that I have Deliverance and Fell Cleave(double Fell Cleave on bosses is fun, lol). But trash still seems meh, I think I prefer PLD on trash. At least I have a rotation for DPS on PLD. On WAR, best I can do is either spam Overpower(get expensive quick), or just put Storm's Eye up and Butcher's Block it a couple of times, but that seems a bit uncoordinated.

Don't worry, though. You won't have to worry about me much longer, lol. Once 1.5/2.5 Remix HD comes out at the end of the month I'm taking another break from XIV to try out the series finally. XD

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm not worried about you now. I'm just confused as to how you could arrive at your conclusion with any practical time spent playing War.

I guess biases are just that.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

That kind of logic is the reason PLD is, and will probably continue to be, fucked.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

that's the mistake SE made with heavensward they balanced jobs around 4 man content instead of 8 man.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    that's the mistake SE made with heavensward they balanced jobs around 4 man content instead of 8 man.
    Implying that they have balanced jobs for any content...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yoshida: We’ll do our best to make that balance. Please trust me.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post

Buffs

PLD: Sheltron now blocks the next 2 attacks.
    WAR: Fell Cleave now auto crits when behind a mob.

Yoshi Barance.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Only way to win is to unsub until July, to have a better picture of how badly they missed the mark again. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just for reference, how quick is a proper WAR speedrun on dungeons and what sort of setup is used (i.e. are there particular jobs, is it premade or DF)?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Pauses RL to check out BG after few years hiatus.
    See talk of Barance.
    Back to trying to grow orange trees in backyard.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Got my relic quest up to HW dungeons, bosses are going a bit faster now that I have Deliverance and Fell Cleave(double Fell Cleave on bosses is fun, lol). But trash still seems meh, I think I prefer PLD on trash. At least I have a rotation for DPS on PLD. On WAR, best I can do is either spam Overpower(get expensive quick), or just put Storm's Eye up and Butcher's Block it a couple of times, but that seems a bit uncoordinated.

Don't worry, though. You won't have to worry about me much longer, lol. Once 1.5/2.5 Remix HD comes out at the end of the month I'm taking another break from XIV to try out the series finally. XD
    No one tell him about trip Fell Cleave on bosses and out DPSing most PUG DPS.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    im dead
    Was about to ask for the link to this on the OF. Good god. Seeing a PLD in dungeons is still strike 1 towards ditching, and yeah, with comments like that it's unlikely they'll fix it.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

So moving on to a new topic.

I'm messing with a hotbar simulator here http://ff14moo.moo.jp/hotbar_simulator.html <(Side Note: Has the JP Ragns just been found?)

I've got 2 fast slots left, but 4 abilities left, three of which are role abilities I still need to pick.
    I'm leaning towards Reprisal as a 3rd auto-include.

Never been super keen on Convalescence and Awareness, so probably not those.
    There's Low Blow and Interject. While the non-gcd stun is nice, I can live without. But with Spirits Within losing silence, the fact that it's been good to me, and that when it does work it doesn't suffer from resists, I'm thinking maybe I should have it.

That leaves Anticipation, Ultimatum, and Shirk.
    Like Bulwark is not so hot as Rampart because of inconsistency, I fear the same with Anticipation. Otoh with the loss of Foresight, it would be nice to have it to keep that 4th defensive ability slot.
    Ultimatum sounds nice, but I'm not sure I actually need it except as a backup provoke.
    Shirk, from remembering back to Coil raiding, could have potential. Using it just after a tank swap would actually kick the hate bar way up, and give more room for DPS to go wild, and/or the other tank to ride their damage rotation. And it would mean not having to worry about grabbing back hate right after swapping.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Honestly I'd say that Rampart, Provoke, Reprisal are definitely the 3 'must have' role skills for tanks but I also feel that Convalescence is one of the better options after those 3 followed by Anticipation due to the 20 sec duration and 60 sec CD. Awareness was okay but I always just viewed it as a skill that helped ensure that my damage intake wasn't going to spike from an unlucky AA crit in raids after a nasty tank-buster or during large dungeon pulls.

Anyways, what's everyone's thoughts on the changes to PLD? I'm not really convinced it's going to pass DRK both in terms of dps and mitigation but I'm expecting shield block mitigation to drop again at 70 like it did when we first hit 60 in HW and slowly climb back up towards 24% like it is right now. Plus, The Blackest Night seems like a ridiculously strong mitigation skill when used on yourself and can be up for every tank-buster on top of your normal CDs on DRK.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Rampart, Provoke, Reprisal and Shirk are pretty much a lock for anything raid-like, drop Reprisal and probably Shirk and take Awareness, Ultimatum and Convalescence instead for dungeons. Your 5th role action for raid-like crap could either be Interject or one of Awareness/Convalescence, but I lean towards Convalescence just because other jobs can handle the silencing. I can't even remember what Anticipation is supposed to do.

Bulwark will be more useful if for no other reason than it will be an easy way to fill the Oath gauge during Shield Oath.

I think the PLD changes are largely good ones and Blackest Night comes with a heavy MP cost. With WAR losing the Storm's Path debuff and SAM and NIN both having a slashing debuff, WAR is no longer required for everything meaning PLD and DRK are no longer fighting for one party spot. Hard to tell what DPS will be like without actually playing but PLD is getting some nice new abilities in its own right.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Looks like he really did try.

Closed Thread
Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast